I am an outsider to psychology. I do not have education or training in psychology or any related fields. However, this outsider status allowed me to think outside the box and make the breakthrough insights provided in this book.
I am a management consultant. I was first exposed to evolutionary theory as part of an MBA course at Harvard. That exposure left me with the belief that each of our emotions must have evolved for a unique purpose.
- mothers only love their children for 33 months
- men only love a woman for 42 months only
- women feel infatuation and heartbreak
- only men feel jealousy
- you feel revenge when a rule breaker harms you
- you stop feeling revenge when you retaliate
- you feel pride when your rank rises
- you feel humiliation when your rank falls
- you feel humor when another person's rank falls
- you feel envy when a peer's rank rises above yours
- you are always doing what is best for the species