Practical steps based on my own experiences are outlined within this handy guide book, and I invite you to join me through reading and doing.
My belief is this book will inspire you to shift your behaviour, helping you to have a healing impact on our planet.
After years of seeing Matthias shift consciousness with his superb message, we are proud to see him put it on to recycled paper. This is a must read for anyone who wants their children to inherit a healthy Earth. You won't see your life the same again.
- Mike Handcock, Chairman of Rock Your Life
Matthias Gelber comes from Burbach-Lippe, a small German village no km north of Frankfurt with over 60% forest cover. He developed a strong connection with nature from a young age and has been a passionate advocate of green living ever since. In 2008, he was voted 'Greenest Person on the Planet' in an online competition by 3rd Whale in Canada. Matthias lives in Malaysia without a car and a monthly electricity bill of around US$10. He also started Eco Warriors Malaysia, a community movement focused on taking positive action to combat climate change.
Matthias graduated with a Masters in Environmental Science from Brunel University in the UK and went on to start a successful environmental training consulting company in 1999. In 2007, he co-founded Maleki GmbH, a German company specialising in high performance, low carbon footprint construction materials. He also serves as a Board Member of Solexel Malaysia Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Solexel Inc in Silicon Valley.
Professional Speaker and Trainer
Matthias is also a consummate speaker and trainer on environmental issues, and is often seen giving green talks to corporations, government organisations, and schools in the Southeast Asia region. He has won several speaking awards, and has given talks in more than forty countries in all continents. While travelling, he aims to make his flights carbon neutral.
Is your house overflowing with stuff that you don’t use or need? Clutter can:
• Overwhelm the senses
• Consume space
• Drain energy from our surroundings
• Cause stress and anxiety
This book will show you how to lighten up so you can walk into your home and be surrounded only by the things you love. Living in a minimalistic way means clearing the clutter from your life to focus on what’s truly important. Chances are, 75% of the things in your home are no benefit to your life at all. You’ll also find that throwing out a few garbage bags feels even better than therapy.
Why do you hold onto things? Here are just some of the reasons:
• Security—but the paradox is that the more we cling, the more frustrated and overwhelmed we feel.
• Addiction—shopping is a high and the novelty wears off.
• Approval—keeping material representations of who we are is one way we show off.
• Identity—we identify with what we own so that’s why we’re upset when something is stolen or broken.
• Obligation to others—we please others by keeping gifts and inherited things we don’t really like or need.
By letting go of possessions that no longer serves us, we can
• Let go of old beliefs
• Open ourselves up to new opportunities and relationships
• See your home, your life for what they really are
• Need less and do more
• Cultivate meaningful relationships
• Be more in tune with yourself in a meditative space
• Stop shopping as a form of therapy
• Stop wasting money
• Restore clarity
• FIND WHAT YOU REALLY VALUE
When you have inner clutter, it expands to your environment. So when you live in a clean and soothing environment, it can only benefit your inner life.
Don’t let the word minimalism scare you. Minimalistic living is not about getting rid of modern advancements and living in the stone age. It’s only about keeping things that are useful, meaningful and add value to your life. While it does not place importance on material things and lavish living, minimalism is also not about denying yourself of the things you need.
The guide is divided by different rooms and topics to make it easy and practical to refer to.
• Living Room
• Children’s Rooms
• Teen Rooms
• Computer & Technology
• Sentimental Objects
• Cards & Letters
This book also helps you
• Recognize Clutter
• Declutter, clean & organize your home room by room
• Sell your things for profit
• Shop for a minimalist wardrobe
• Get your family on board
• Declutter digital content and computer files
• Go car-free or car-lite
• Surround yourself with people who add value to your life
• Maintain your space once you’ve minimalized
Living with less is the first step to a peaceful mind. It makes space for the new to come in. Buy the book, put it into practice and welcome positive change into your life now.
- 200 recipes and formulas for facial and body-care products, fully illustrated in color.
- Step-by-step guidance through the foundational recipes, showing tools, ingredients, and techniques.
- Shopping lists and suppliers for natural ingredients, including essential oils, butters, clays, minerals, colors, and fragrances.
- Basics and recipes for creating mineral foundations, color correctors, and concealers.
- Formulas for skin-healing balms, creams, and oils.
- Products for men, including shaving products, powders, moisturizers, facial care, foot care, and massage oil.