This dollar-saving package includes:
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2017
CMDT is the most successful annual book covering the field of internal medicine and has been acclaimed for its comprehensive coverage of current inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic tools relevant to day-to-day practice, and full review of all primary care topics. In addition to its use as a reference text, CMDT is outstanding as a core clinical textbook for medical students and nurse practitioner and physician assistant students to study for a variety of exams in a variety of medical and health-related markets.
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment Study Guide, 2nd edition
The study guide is organized according the Core Curriculum of the Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine. The 30+ core topics include essentials conditions, presentations, and diseases seen by general practitioners in the inpatient and outpatient setting. The Second Edition study guide has been extensively updated and covers the essential issues a third-year medical student must know for the clerkship shelf exam in Internal Medicine.
The study guide utilizes content from CMDT, Quick Answers, and LANGE Pathophysiology of Disease to provide case-based content that tests key concepts in clinical reasoning, clinical problem-solving, and recognition of essential clinical facts.
Each topic includes:
• Learning Objectives
• An expanded list of questions to evoke case analysis
• Detailed discussion of Signs and Symptoms, Lab Findings, Imaging Studies, Medications.
• Discussions of Therapeutic Procedures and Outcomes (eg, Follow up and Complications)
• References for each topic
Maxine A. Papadakis and Stephen J. McPhee are well-known for their editorship of McGraw-Hill’s annual text, CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment.
Nathaniel Gleason is in the Department of Medicine at UCSF School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA.
Gene Quinn is in the Division of Cardiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA.
The flashcards utilize content from CMDT, Quick Answers, and Lange Pathophysiology to provide a case-based application that tests key concepts in clinical reasoning, clinical problem-solving, and recognition of essential clinical facts. The second edition of CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Flashcards features updated, refreshed content throughout, making it the most indispensable—and current—clerkship prep tool available. Now more than ever, it’s required reading for every medical and nursing student, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, house officer, and practicing physician.Extensive content updating to the flashcards Cross-referenced to the CMDT book in the flashcard references to point you to relevant content in the most recent edition of the book Questions cover salient features; how to think through the problem; essentials of diagnosis; symptoms and signs; differential diagnosis; laboratory, imaging, and procedural findings; treatment modalities; and more
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insights into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic, you’ll find concise, evidence-based information about hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Here’s why CMDT is an essential reference for any primary care setting:
• Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
• Full review of internal medicine and additional primary care topics, such as gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care
• The only text with an annual update on HIV/AIDS and new emerging viral diseases
• Specific disease prevention information
• Medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices – plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Updated PMID numbers for quick reference
• Many full-color photographs and illustrations
Here are just a few of the many exciting new additions and updates:
• New information on Zika, dengue, chikungunya, MERS and other infections
• Two new online chapters: Lesbian & Bisexual Women’s Health and Transgender Health & Disease Prevention
• Update on influenza pneumococcal, HPV, and meningococcal vaccines
• Latest information on new therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
• Revised recommendations for cardiovascular prevention methods
• Recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of Clostridium difficile infections
• New FDA approved medications for diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia
• Extensively revised material on alcoholism
• Latest information on treatment options for obesity
• Expanded online Podiatry chapter
Ideal for the pre-clinical years and USMLE candidates,Medical Sciences at a Glance: Practice Workbookfeatures:
• An introductory section featuring step-by-stepguidance on exam technique and papers
• Over 390 questions of varying formats - and fullexplanations to the answers
• A topic-based structure reflecting vital foundationconcepts, including anatomy, physiology, pathology andpharmacology
Medical Sciences at a Glance: Practice Workbook meets theneeds of medical students with a spectrum of educational approachesin mind. Whatever your course type, working through this book willgive you the advantage when it comes to basic science exams.
This package contains these components:
0132843471 Medical Terminology: A Living Language
0133484505 NEW MyMedicalTerminologyLab -- Access Card-- for Medical Terminology: A Living Language
· Explore consulting as a way to improve patient care
· Lay the foundation for a career in academic medicine
· Provide leadership in healthcare
· Strengthen ties between a clinic and the community
· Broaden one’s experience as a medical student
· As a journalist or writer, open a window onto medicine for non-experts
Some physicians will pursue another degree, while others may not, in anticipation of moving into public service, business, education, law, or organized medicine. Their common ground is the desire to enhance their professional fulfillment.
Drs. Urman and Ehrenfeld’s book features individual chapters on the wide array of non-traditional careers for physicians, each one written by an outstanding leader in medicine who him- or herself has successfully forged a unique career path. A final chapter brings together fascinating brief profiles – “case studies” – of physicians who have distinguished themselves professionally outside of traditional settings.
Suitable for readers at any point in their medical career – practitioners, fellows, residents, and medical students – who want to explore possibilities beyond traditional medical practice, the book also sets out common-sense advice on topics such as work-life balance, mentorship, and the relationship between personality and job satisfaction.
NOTE: This is just the standalone book.