In this inspirational yet practical book, the nutritional consultant and holistic healthcare expert who has helped celebrities such as Jessica Alba, Molly Sims, Chelsea Handler, and Emmy Rossum improve their health and achieve their goals shows you how to get beyond the food drama of cyclical fad diets and feel and look great by eating well.
Kelly’s Food Freedom program helps you set yourself up for success, eliminating cravings, mood swings, and other symptoms caused by food drama. Start your day with her Fab Four Smoothies, including a Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie and a Mango Kale Madness Smoothie, which pack protein, fat, fiber, and carbs to balance your blood sugar and keep you full and happy. After breakfast, you’ll thrive with her Fab Four recipes, including Turkey-Stuffed Delicata Squash, Spicy Salmon Nori Burritos, and Anti-Inflammatory Detox Salad, which include the Fab Four food groups—protein, fat, fiber, and greens—that play a role in day-long satiety. Kelly also teaches you how to elongate your blood sugar curve to stay full and happy, and make yourself insulin aware.
Kelly has studied the science behind familiar diets to understand how they trigger the body to lose pounds—and why they aren’t sustainable. Instead, she offers a better choice: her four-step Food Freedom program that helps you find your wellness balance between eating enough and deciding how you feel. Once you find your balance, you will lose weight, lose fat, increase lean muscle mass, and drop at least one size. You’ll also enjoy thicker, shinier hair; clear, glowing skin; a remarkable improvement in your overall appearance; reduced joint pain and other inflammations; increased energy; and better sleep.
Filled with tips and resources on supplements and cleansing, dozens of delicious, healthy recipes and advice on how to adjust your eating when traveling and on vacation, Body Love is your one-stop resource to living clean and happy!
In the wake of the Cancer Genome Atlas project's failure to provide a legible roadmap to a cure for cancer, science writer Travis Christofferson illuminates a promising blend of old and new perspectives on the disease. Tripping over the Truth follows the story of cancer’s proposed metabolic origin from the vaunted halls of the German scientific golden age to modern laboratories around the world. The reader is taken on a journey through time and science that results in an unlikely connecting of the dots with profound therapeutic implications.
Transporting us on a rich narrative of humanity’s struggle to understand the cellular events that conspire to form malignancy, Tripping over the Truth reads like a detective novel, full of twists and cover-ups, blind-alleys and striking moments of discovery by men and women with uncommon vision, grit, and fortitude. Ultimately, Christofferson arrives at a conclusion that challenges everything we thought we knew about the disease, suggesting the reason for the failed war against cancer stems from a flawed paradigm that categorizes cancer as an exclusively genetic disease.
For anyone affected by this terrifying disease and the physicians who struggle to treat it, this book provides a fresh and hopeful perspective. It explores the new and exciting non-toxic therapies born from the emerging metabolic theory of cancer. These therapies may one day prove to be a turning point in the struggle against our ancient enemy. We are shown how the metabolic theory redraws the battle map, directing researchers to approach cancer treatment from a different angle, framing it more like a gentle rehabilitation rather than all-out combat. In a sharp departure from the current “targeted” revolution occurring in cancer pharmaceuticals, the metabolic therapies highlighted have one striking feature that sets them apart—the potential to treat all types of cancer because they exploit the one weakness that is common to every cancer cell: dysfunctional metabolism.
With a foreword by Dr. Dominic D'Agostino, PhD and contributions from Thomas Seyfried, PhD, author of Cancer as a Metabolic Disease; Miriam Kalamian, EdM, MS, CNS, author of Keto for Cancer; and Beth Zupec Kania, consultant nutritionist of The Charlie Foundation.
If you want to get muscular, lean, and strong as quickly as possible without steroids, good genetics, extreme dieting, or wasting ridiculous amounts of time in the gym . . . regardless of your age . . . you want to read this book.
Here’s the deal:
Building muscle and burning fat isn't as complicated as the fitness industry wants you to believe. This book is the shortcut.
- You don't need to: Spend hundreds of dollars per month on the worthless supplements that steroid-fueled bodybuilders "swear by." Most pills and powders do absolutely nothing.
- You don't need to: Constantly change up your weightlifting routine to gain muscle mass quickly and effectively. Muscle building is much simpler than that.
- You don't need to: Waste a couple of hours in the gym every day grinding through grueling workouts. In fact, this is a great way to get nowhere.
- You don't need to: Slog away at boring cardio to shed ugly belly fat and get a six-pack. In fact, you don't have to do any cardio to get the body you really want.
- You don't need to: Obsess over "clean eating" and avoiding "unhealthy" foods to get ripped. Instead, you can get the body you want eating the foods you love.
Those are just a few of the harmful lies and myths that keep guys from ever achieving the lean, muscular, strong, and healthy bodies they truly desire.
And in this book you’re going to learn something most guys will never know . . .
The exact methods of diet and training that make putting on 10 to 15 pounds of quality lean mass a breeze . . . and it only takes a few months.
Here are just a few of the things you're going to discover in this book:
- The 10 biggest fat loss and muscle building myths and mistakes that keep guys fat, weak, and frustrated.
- The 3 scientific laws of muscle growth and fat loss that literally force your body to get bigger, leaner, and stronger. You'll be shocked at how easy it really is to build muscle and lose fat once you know what you're doing.
- How to create flexible diet plans that help you transform your body composition eating the foods you love...and without ever feeling starved, deprived, or like you're "on a diet."
- A paint-by-numbers training system that will help you build a big, full chest . . . a wide, tapered back . . . thick, powerful legs . . . and strong, bulging arms . . . spending no more than 3 to 6 hours in the gym every week...doing challenging, fun workouts that you enjoy.
- A no-BS guide to supplements that will show you what works and what doesn’t, saving you hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars each year on pills and powders.
- And a whole lot more!
Imagine . . . just 12 weeks from now . . . being constantly complimented on how great you look and asked how the heck you're doing it . . .
Imagine enjoying the added benefits of high energy levels, no aches and pains, better spirits, and knowing that you're getting healthier every day . . .
The bottom line is you CAN get that "Hollywood hunk" body without following boring, bland “bodybuilder” diets or living in the gym. This book shows you how.
SPECIAL BONUSES FOR READERS
With this fitness book, you'll also get a FREE 56-page reference guide with all of the book’s key takeaways, a year’s worth of Bigger Leaner Stronger workouts, 10 premade meal plans for cutting and lean bulking, and more!
So, scroll up, click the "Buy" button now, and begin your journey to a bigger, leaner, and stronger you!