This expanded edition includes new chapters on facilitating virtual meetings, cross-cultural teams, and large groups and conferences. It also provides a series of strategies for engaging teams, additional information about making meetings more productive, and further guidance on preventing dysfunctional behavior. In addition, the book contains a wealth of fresh case studies and an ancillary website with must-have tools and techniques for both the beginner and the seasoned facilitator.
Praise for the First Edition of The Secrets of Facilitation
"One of the single most powerful processes is the ability to successfully lead a group to an impactful, actionable outcome. In The Secrets of Facilitation, beginning and experienced facilitators alike will find tools to take their results to the next level."
—Jim Canfield, chief learning officer, TEC International
"This book shares 'The Secrets' that have been the basis of my facilitation practice for over a decade."
—Kerri McBride, past chair, International Association of Facilitators
"In my career, I've seen many, many facilitators. Michael Wilkinson is the best. 'The Secrets' explain why."
—Len Roberts, CEO, RadioShack
"We have trained over 100 leaders and business analysts in 'The Secrets.' Great facilitation works."
—Peter Scott, executive general manager, MLC–National Australia Bank
"At last there is a practical, hands-on guide for anyone who works with groups or teams. This book delivers!"
—Ann Herrmann-Nehdi, CEO, Herrmann International, Herrmann Brain Dominance Indicator
An OCR endorsed textbook
Help students to build their subject knowledge and understanding with guidance and assessment preparation from a team of subject specialists; brought to you by the leading Religious Studies publisher and OCR's Publishing Partner.
- Develops students' understanding of 'Philosophy of religion' and 'Religion and ethics' through accessible explanations of key theories and terms
- Enables you to teach 'Developments in Christian thought' confidently with comprehensive coverage of the key theological arguments
- Supports assessment preparation with sample questions and revision advice written by subject specialists
- Encourages students to reflect on their learning and develop their own ideas
- Helps to extend learning and enhance responses with suggested ideas and additional reading
- Philosophy of religion
- Religion and ethics
- Developments in Christian thought