The book opens with an introduction to the principles of hybrid imaging that pays particular attention to PET/MR imaging and standard PET/MR acquisition protocols. A wide range of illustrated clinical case reports are then presented. Each case study includes a short clinical history, findings, and teaching points, followed by illustrations, legends, and comments.
The multimedia version of the book includes dynamic movies that allow the reader to browse through series of rotating 3D images (MIP or volume rendered), display blending between PET and MR, and dynamic visualization of 3D image volumes. The movies can be played either continuously or sequentially for better exploration of sets of images.
The editors of this state-of-the-art publication are key opinion leaders in the field of multimodality imaging. Professor Osman Ratib (Geneva) and Professor Markus Schwaiger (Munich) were the first in Europe to initiate the clinical adoption of PET/MR imaging. Professor Thomas Beyer (Zurich) is an internationally renowned pioneering physicist in the field of hybrid imaging. Individual clinical cases presented in this book are co-authored by leading international radiologists and nuclear physicians experts in the use of PET and MRI.
The Fourth Edition includes new or expanded sections and information for:
* PET/MR, including the attenuation correction method and its quality control tests;
* accreditation of nuclear medicine and PET facilities;
* solid state digital cameras;
* time of flight and scatter correction techniques;
* CT scanners and attenuation correction in SPECT/CT;
* partial volume effects;
* quality control of CT scanners;
* ion chamber survey meters, proportional counters, and G-M counters.
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insights into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic, you’ll find concise, evidence-based information about hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Here’s why CMDT is an essential reference for any primary care setting:
• Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
• Full review of internal medicine and additional primary care topics, such as gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care
• The only text with an annual update on HIV/AIDS and new emerging viral diseases
• Specific disease prevention information
• Medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices – plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Updated PMID numbers for quick reference
• Many full-color photographs and illustrations
Here are just a few of the many exciting new additions and updates:
• New information on Zika, dengue, chikungunya, MERS and other infections
• Two new online chapters: Lesbian & Bisexual Women’s Health and Transgender Health & Disease Prevention
• Update on influenza pneumococcal, HPV, and meningococcal vaccines
• Latest information on new therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
• Revised recommendations for cardiovascular prevention methods
• Recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of Clostridium difficile infections
• New FDA approved medications for diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia
• Extensively revised material on alcoholism
• Latest information on treatment options for obesity
• Expanded online Podiatry chapter
Goldman-Cecil Medicineoffers definitive, unbiased guidance on the evaluation and management of every medical condition, presented by a veritable "Who's Who" of modern medicine. A practical, straightforward style; templated organization; evidence-based references; and robust interactive content combine to make this dynamic resource quite simply the fastest and best place to find all of the authoritative, state-of-the-art clinical answers you need.Expert Consult eBook version included with print purchase:
Access continuous updatesfrom Editor Lee Goldman, MD, who thoroughly reviews internal medicine and specialty journals, updating online content to reflect the latest guidelines and translating that evidence into treatment.
Interactive Q&A sectionfeatures over 1,500 board-style questions and answers to aid in preparing for certification or recertification exams.
Outstanding supplementary toolsinclude figures, tables, videos, heart and lung sounds, treatment and management algorithms, fully integrated references, and thousands of illustrations and full-color photos.
Search all of the text, figures, supplementary material, and references from the book on a variety of devices and at no additional cost — Expert Consult access is included with this title!
Practical, bulleted, highly templated textwith easy-to-use features including flow charts and treatment boxes.
New chapterson global health, cancer biology and genetics, and the human microbiome in health and disease keep you on the cutting edge of medicine.
Today's most current evidence-based medicine guidelines help you form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible.
Focused coverage of the latest developments in biology includes the specifics of current diagnosis, therapy, and medication doses.
The reference of choice for every stage of your career!Goldman-Cecil Medicine is an ideal learning tool for residents, physicians, and students as well as a valuable go-to resource for experienced healthcare professionals.
Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine Self-Assessment and Board Review, 19th edition, is a completely revised and updated guide to help you prepare for your primary board certification, maintenance of certification/re-certification, and for in-service exams. An important component of the Harrison’s set, this review reflects all of the most up-to-date material featured in the 19th edition of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine.
This ultimate study partner contains more than 1000 revised and updated questions (and answers), simulating those on the primary certification exam. Integral to interactive self-assessment and in line with the core Harrison’s text, the high-yield content reflects the weighting of subject matter included on the internal medicine board exam blueprint and spans the field of internal medicine.