Anatomy at a Glance:Addresses the basic concepts of anatomy in an highly visual, easy-to-remember wayFeatures two new chapters outlining anatomical terminology and basic embryologyIncludes more coverage of imaging techniques such as CT and MRIOffers free online flashcards for self-assessment and revision at www.wiley.com/go/anatomyataglance
This title is also available as a mobile App from MedHand Mobile Libraries. Buy it now from Google Play or the MedHand Store.
To find out more about the at a Glance series, please visit www.ataglanceseries.com
For this new edition, Professor Harold Ellis is joined, for thefirst time, by a co-author. Professor Vishy Mahadevan is Barber'sCompany Reader in Anatomy at the Royal College of Surgeons, arenowned teacher of surgical trainees and is also an examiner forthe MRCS Exam. Together they provide a detailed, easy-to-followstructured text suitable for anatomy students and trainees of alllevels.
Fully revised and updated, this new edition features new andre-drawn illustrations, new images of normal anatomy (radiographs,CTs and NMRs) to aid understanding, a revised neuroanatomy sectionto provide greater clarity and an expansion of the lower limbsection.
In order to provide revision support, ClinicalAnatomy has its own website featuring digitalflashcards of all the images found in the textbook available todownload for free at www.ellisclinicalanatomy.co.uk
Clear, no nonsense writing style helps make learning easy
Accompanying website contains animations, audio-glossary, case studies and other self-assessment material, the unique Body Spectrum© online colouring and self-test software, and helpful weblinks
Includes basic pathology and pathophysiology of important diseases and disorders
Contains helpful learning features such as Learning Outcomes boxes, colour coding and design icons together with a stunning illustration and photography collection
Contains clear explanations of common prefixes, suffixes and roots, with helpful examples from the text, plus a glossary and an appendix of normal biological values.
Particularly valuable for students who are completely new to the subject, or returning to study after a period of absence, and for anyone whose first language is not EnglishAll new illustration programme brings the book right up-to-date for today’s student
Helpful ‘Spot Check’ questions at the end of each topic to monitor progress
Fully updated throughout with the latest information on common and/or life threatening diseases and disorders
Review and Reviseend-of-chapter exercises assist with reader understanding and recall
Over 150 animations – many of them newly created – help clarify underlying scientific and physiological principles and make learning fun
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insights into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. For each topic, you’ll find concise, evidence-based information about hospital and ambulatory medicine. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Here’s why CMDT is an essential reference for any primary care setting:
• Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
• Full review of internal medicine and additional primary care topics, such as gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care
• The only text with an annual update on HIV/AIDS and new emerging viral diseases
• Specific disease prevention information
• Medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices – plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Updated PMID numbers for quick reference
• Many full-color photographs and illustrations
Here are just a few of the many exciting new additions and updates:
• New information on Zika, dengue, chikungunya, MERS and other infections
• Two new online chapters: Lesbian & Bisexual Women’s Health and Transgender Health & Disease Prevention
• Update on influenza pneumococcal, HPV, and meningococcal vaccines
• Latest information on new therapies for inflammatory bowel disease
• Revised recommendations for cardiovascular prevention methods
• Recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of Clostridium difficile infections
• New FDA approved medications for diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia
• Extensively revised material on alcoholism
• Latest information on treatment options for obesity
• Expanded online Podiatry chapter
Illustrated by more than 1000 clear line diagrams
Complemented with numerous tables and flowcharts for quick comprehension
Text and figures in an attractive four colour format
A balanced amalgamation of pure and applied text
Highlights applied aspects of physiology in separate boxes
Systematic organization of text to facilitate easy review