· Develop a business plan
· Market your business
· Charge for your services
· Build a client relationship
· Grow the business
· Ensure your continued professional growth
· Make money in the profession
Million Dollar Consulting Toolkit: Step-by-Step Guidance, Checklists, Templates, and Samples from The Million Dollar Consultant
This useful guide provides specific checklists, guidelines, templates, and actual examples for every step of the consulting process. It covers marketing, sales, meetings, implementation, follow-up, invoicing, practice management, insurance, equipment, subcontracting, and scores of other elements. Thousands of people have bought Weiss's Million Dollar Consulting and started their own consultancy. Now, this handy resource goes hand-in-hand to provide all the tools new consultants need to enact all the recommendations and ideas in Million Dollar Consulting.
Alan Weiss, PhD (East Greenwich, RI), has consulted for hundreds of organizations around the world, including Mercedes-Benz, Hewlett-Packard, Merck, Chase, American Press Institute, and the Times-Mirror Group. He is the author of 12 books, including Getting Started in Consulting (0-471-47969-1) and Organizational Consulting (0-471-26378-8).
Being a manager can be an intimidating and challenging task. Managing involves teaching new skills to employees, helping land a new customer, accomplishing an important assignment, increasing performance, and much more. The process of management can be very challenging at times, but it can also bring you a sense of fulfillment that you never imagined possible.
Managing For Dummies, 3rd Edition is perfect for all levels of managers. This clearly written, easy-to-understand guide gives you practical advice on the most important aspects of managing, such as delegating as opposed to ordering, improving employees' performances, getting your message across, understanding ethics and office policies, team building and collaboration, and much more.
- Tips and advice for new and experienced managers
- All-new chapters on employee encouragement and corporate social responsibility
- Guidance on managing employees by leveraging the power of the Internet
Managing in today's lightning-speed business world requires that you have the latest information and techniques for getting the job done. Managing For Dummies, 3rd Edition provides you with straightforward advice and up-to-the-minute strategies for dealing with anything that comes your way.
Consulting is entering the era of the guerrilla client-buyers with a glut of information at their fingertips and doubts about the value consultants add. Guerrilla Marketing for Consultants is the first book to reveal how guerrilla marketing can transform today's challenges into golden opportunities for winning profitable work from the new breed of consulting clients. Packed with information, this step-by-step guide details the 12 marketing secrets every consultant should know, the anatomy of a marketing plan, Web sites, sources of free publicity, direct-mail marketing, winning proposals, and more.
Jay Conrad Levinson (San Rafael, CA) is the Chairman of the Board of Guerrilla Marketing International and the author or coauthor of more than 30 books, including the bestselling Guerrilla Marketing series. Michael W. McLaughlin (Mill Valley, CA) has been a partner with Deloitte Consulting since 1994.
- Why A Consulting Career—Five Reasons Why You May Be a Good Investment
- How Much Will Clients Pay?
- Your first "To Do" List
- What to call your business
- Creating and writing Business Plans
- Office Location Options
- Setting up your office, including Furnishing Your Office and planning your Technical Needs
- Electronic Records, including Monthly Expense Records, Revenue Projections, and Invoicing
- Staying Organized, including a Session Planner
- Determining your market niche
- Creating your marketing plan
- Developing your website
- Reviewing your first year with your family
- Electronic resource list, available online
- Skills And Knowledge Required of Consultants