Key Features:A chapter on anesthesia complications helps the reader comprehend, appreciate, and anticipate the risks involved, thus minimizing poor surgical results A focus on prevention as the best method of avoiding surgical complications, ensuring the best possible outcomes Original artwork and more than 100 detailed color photographs help readers understand and apply the text Pearls at the end of each chapter contain key insights on each topic
Complications in Facial Plastic Surgery is a key resource for facial plastic surgeons, plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, residents, and fellows to use to avoid surgical pitfalls, increase patient safety, facilitate successful outcomes, and improve doctor/patient relationships.
This book outlines a pathway through management for the clinician, consisting of six phases:
1) Recognition of the condition: facilitated by high quality images.
2) General approach: provided by an opening “mindset” statement for the particular case.
3) Assessment: the critical aspects of the history and examination.
4) Treatment: key decisions and key interventions.
5) Management: post-intervention expectations.
6) Evidence: the rationale behind the preceding treatment and an overview of any controversies.
Plastic Surgery, A Problem Based Approach is a valuable reference tool for surgical trainees, medical students, healthcare professionals and plastic and reconstructive surgeons.
Provides the most current overview and authoritative coverage of all topics thanks to contributions from an impressive list of over 300 experts in the field of plastic surgery and multiple related specialties.Introduces the new PLUS format, with an expanded size and layout and full color for easier review, more information, and more visual elements for an overall enhanced experience.
Presents enhanced tables, legends, key terms, and section and chapter titles through the use of an additional color that makes finding information quick and easy.
Contains new full color images and illustrations to provide more detail and offer a clearer picture of what is seen in practice.
Provides definitions: a particularly helpful way to engage in answering a question.- Provides classifications: neatly distils a large topic into a manageable framework.- Provides references of recognised classifications: a question often asked of trainees on a variety of topics.- Provides simple diagrams: often asked to draw sketches by trainers and patients.- Succinct: removes excessive padding and provides a sound backbone of knowledge without the reader having to painfully extract information from an elaborate text.
Certain chapters of the book would appeal to a range of surgeons not only plastic surgeons but those involved in orthopaedics, hand surgery, urology, maxillofacial and craniofacial specialties. The incorporation of a medicolegal chapter significantly widens readership across the medical specialties and perhaps into the legal sphere. (The author has a degree in Medical Law in addition to Medicine).
Certain chapters would also be of interest to other professions allied to medicine e.g. plastic surgery specialist nurses, occupational therapists, speech therapists with an interest in cleft.
· One of the first books to focus exclusively on the midfacial area
· Highly illustrated and with clear, step-by-step instructions on performing a variety of midface lifts, implants, sutures, grafts, and fillers
· Over 300 full color images
· Includes in-depth chapters on midfacial anatomy and the anatomic basis of aging
· Multiple approaches to midfacial rejuvenation by well-known surgeons in fields such as oculoplastics, facial plastics, general plastics, and dermatologists