"Without expecting parents to earn their registered dietitian degree by the end of the book, [Pantley] ably explains why a healthy diet is important and includes some kid-favorite recipes from best-selling cookbooks. Parents love the No-Cry series, and libraries would do well to add this to their collections."
About the Book:
Are you convinced your child will eat only pasta and chicken nuggets for the rest of her life? Worried your son is not getting adequate nutrition? Tired of vegetables being cast as the villain during mealtime battles? Nearly all parents experience a finicky eater at their table, but finding solutions can be difficult. That’s why Elizabeth Pantley, author of the bestselling No-Cry series—the most trusted name in parenting guides—developed gentle, effective, and easy solutions for dealing with picky eaters.
Full of tips and tricks, The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution helps you:
- Get your child to eat—and enjoy!—vegetables, grains, and other healthy food
- Reduce the sugar, fat, and junk food in your child’s meals without your child noticing the change
- Make subtle, healthy improvements in favorite recipes to boost nutrition for the whole family
- Relax and enjoy mealtime and snack time at your home
- Instill good eating habits that your children can take into adulthood
To make your picky eater and the whole family happy, Elizabeth has tapped her culinary friends to share delicious recipes that are not just healthy but kid-friendly, too. Recipe contributions come from:
- Missy Chase Lapine (The Sneaky Chef)
- Jennifer Carden (Toddler Café)
- Kim Lutz and Megan Hart (Welcoming Kitchen)
- Lisa Barnes (The Petit Appetit)
- Barbara Beery (Green Princess Cookbook)
- Cheryl Tallman and Joan Ahlers (So Easy Toddler Food)
- Janice Bissex and Liz Weiss (No Whine with Dinner)
Armed with Elizabeth’s proven advice and these tasty recipes, you’ll be able to serve healthy meals and snacks, along with peace and happiness.
With a Foreword by Missy Chase Lapine