"Without expecting parents to earn their registered dietitian degree by the end of the book, [Pantley] ably explains why a healthy diet is important and includes some kid-favorite recipes from best-selling cookbooks. Parents love the No-Cry series, and libraries would do well to add this to their collections."
About the Book:
Are you convinced your child will eat only pasta and chicken nuggets for the rest of her life? Worried your son is not getting adequate nutrition? Tired of vegetables being cast as the villain during mealtime battles? Nearly all parents experience a finicky eater at their table, but finding solutions can be difficult. That’s why Elizabeth Pantley, author of the bestselling No-Cry series—the most trusted name in parenting guides—developed gentle, effective, and easy solutions for dealing with picky eaters.
Full of tips and tricks, The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution helps you:
- Get your child to eat—and enjoy!—vegetables, grains, and other healthy food
- Reduce the sugar, fat, and junk food in your child’s meals without your child noticing the change
- Make subtle, healthy improvements in favorite recipes to boost nutrition for the whole family
- Relax and enjoy mealtime and snack time at your home
- Instill good eating habits that your children can take into adulthood
To make your picky eater and the whole family happy, Elizabeth has tapped her culinary friends to share delicious recipes that are not just healthy but kid-friendly, too. Recipe contributions come from:
- Missy Chase Lapine (The Sneaky Chef)
- Jennifer Carden (Toddler Café)
- Kim Lutz and Megan Hart (Welcoming Kitchen)
- Lisa Barnes (The Petit Appetit)
- Barbara Beery (Green Princess Cookbook)
- Cheryl Tallman and Joan Ahlers (So Easy Toddler Food)
- Janice Bissex and Liz Weiss (No Whine with Dinner)
Armed with Elizabeth’s proven advice and these tasty recipes, you’ll be able to serve healthy meals and snacks, along with peace and happiness.
With a Foreword by Missy Chase Lapine
More by Elizabeth PantleySee more
There are two schools of thought for encouraging babies to sleep through the night: the hotly debated Ferber technique of letting the baby "cry it out," or the grin-and-bear-it solution of getting up from dusk to dawn as often as necessary. If you don't believe in letting your baby cry it out, but desperately want to sleep, there is now a third option, presented in Elizabeth Pantley's sanity-saving book The No-Cry Sleep Solution.
Pantley's successful solution has been tested and proven effective by scores of mothers and their babies from across the United States, Canada, and Europe. Based on her research, Pantley's guide provides you with effective strategies to overcoming naptime and nighttime problems. The No-Cry Sleep Solution offers clearly explained, step-by-step ideas that steer your little ones toward a good night's sleep--all with no crying.
Tips from The No-Cry Sleep Solution:
- Uncover the stumbling blocks that prevent baby from sleeping through the night
- Determine--and work with--baby's biological sleep rhythms
- Create a customized, step-by-step plan to get baby to sleep through the night
- Use the Persistent Gentle Removal System to teach baby to fall asleep without breast-feeding, bottlefeeding, or using a pacifier
New from the bestselling author of the classic baby sleep guide!
Getting babies to sleep through the night is one thing; getting willful toddlers and energetic preschoolers to sleep is another problem altogether. Written to help sleep-deprived parents of children ages one to five, The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers offers loving solutions to help this active age-group get the rest they--and their parents--so desperately need.
A follow-up to Elizabeth Pantley's megahit The No-Cry Sleep Solution, this breakthrough guide is written in Pantley's trademark gentle, child-centered style. Parents will discover a wellspring of positive approaches to help their children get to bed, stay in bed, and sleep all night, without having to resort to punishments or other negative and ineffective measures. The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers tackles many common nighttime obstacles, including:
- Refusals to go to bed
- Night waking and early rising
- Reluctance to move out of the crib and into a big-kid bed
- Nighttime visits to the parents' bed
- Naptime problems
- Nightmares, "night terrors," and fears
- Special sleep issues of twins, special needs children, and adopted children
- Sleepwalking, sleep talking, snoring, and tooth grinding