Weaning a baby should be interesting and fun. Always remember that during the process, the baby will still receive much of his or her nutrition from baby formula or breast milk so you get the opportunity to experiment with what your baby likes and what he doesn’t like.
In "Introducing Solids & Making Your Own Organic Baby Food," we will talk about how to wean a baby, what foods to choose and how to make some really healthy organic baby foods for your baby to dine on. The process of weaning will take several months of trying and testing different foods. Soon, you’ll have a collection of organic foods that will be available for mealtime. We’ll also talk about some troubles you might have with weaning your baby and how to solve them. Every baby gets weaned sometime and will soon have a variety of organic foods that match your own at the supper table.
Here are some of the things you will discover in this book:
- Nutritional needs for babies...
- Signs that your baby is ready for solids...
- Simple techniques to wean your baby...
- How to know if your baby is getting the right nutrients...
- How to avoid food allergies...
- How to make organic baby food at home...
- Proper ways to store homemade organic baby food...
- Graduating to toddler food...
- Simple, easy-to-make, delicious, & healthy organic baby food recipes...
- And much more...
Winner of thirteen national awards, the Baby Prodigy Company’s DVDs and CDs have opened up an exciting new world for babies to explore. Now the creator of this landmark series presents a simple, straightforward guide no parent should be without. This fascinating book shows how stimulation affects the intelligence and happiness of your baby. It provides a program of activities that will enrich your infant’s sensory awareness–hearing, seeing, touching, feeling, and tasting–in order to jumpstart amazing brain growth during the critical first three years of life.
• sanity-saving tips for sleepless nights, fussy days, colic, and more
• bonding and soothing techniques to use during your baby’s first three weeks of life
• easy, pleasurable activities to promote development in very young infants
• milestones to look for as your child grows–from birth through toddlerhood
• creative ways to stimulate curiosity, attention span, memory, and nervous system advancement
• the ideal books and toys that will inspire learning and retention
• baby talk: what your baby is trying to say, and how to talk to your baby at every stage of development
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Broken down in a helpful month-by-month format each chapter includes:
Multiple quick-references - handy checklists of what to know and do and baby data about how your newborn is growing What to Watch For sections - that address any potential complications or concerns including what you can handle yourself and when you should call your doctor Baby Skills - key milestones and cues you should watch for in your baby including reflexes, eye contact, and verbal and physical responses/o:p Mama Moments - to help you take care of yourself as you take care of your new baby /o:p
More than 150 full-color photos and illustrations give you plenty of visual references and step-by-step instructions. You’ll also get the latest information on hot, and widely debated, topics such as infant feeding, allergies, immunizations, developmental play, and more.
–Los Angeles Family
When Tracy Hogg’s Secrets of the Baby Whisperer was first published, it soared onto bestseller lists across the country. Parents everywhere became “whisperers” to their newborns, amazed that they could actually communicate with their baby within weeks of their child’s birth. Tracy gave parents what for some amounted to a miracle: the ability to understand their baby’s every coo and cry so that they could tell immediately if the baby was hungry, tired, in real distress, or just in need of a little TLC. Tracy also dispelled the insidious myth that parents must go sleepless for the first year of a baby’s life–because a happy baby sleeps through the night. Now you too can benefit from Tracy’s more than twenty years’ experience. In this groundbreaking book, she shares simple, accessible programs in which you will learn:
• E.A.S.Y.–how to get baby to eat, play, and sleep on a schedule that will make every member of the household’s life easier and happier.
• S.L.O.W.–how to interpret what your baby is trying to tell you (so you don’t try to feed him when he really wants a nap).
• How to identify which type of baby yours is–Angel, Textbook, Touchy, Spirited, or Grumpy–and then learn the best way to interact with that type.
• Tracy’s Three Day Magic–how to change any and all bad habits (yours and the baby’s) in just three days.
At the heart of Tracy’s simple but profound message: treat the baby as you would like to be treated yourself. Reassuring, down-to-earth, and often flying in the face of conventional wisdom, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer promises parents not only a healthier, happier baby but a more relaxed and happy household as well.
For every parent deprived of sleep by a restless infant or toddler, now there's hope. The Baby Sleep Book is the comprehensive, reassuring, solution-filled sleep resource that every family will want to own.
Babies don't automatically know how to sleep through the night; they need to be taught. The Sears family has learned from decades of pediatric practice, bolstered by their own parenting experiences, that different babies have different nighttime temperaments -- and, of course, different families have different lifestyles. Instead of espousing the kind of "one method fits all" approach advocated in other baby sleep guides, the Sears family explains how you can create a sleep plan that suits the needs of your entire family.
With a sharp focus on the practical tools and techniques, The Baby Sleep Book covers such topics as:
the facts of inapt sleep vs. adult sleepfiguring out where, when, and how your child sleeps bestfail-safe methods for soothing a crying infanthow to make night nursing easier, and how to stopnighttime fathering tipswhether co-sleeping makes sense for younap-time strategies that workmedical and physical causes of night walkingsleep habits in special situations such as traveling, teething, and illnessLike all the books in the highly popular Sears Parenting Library, The Baby Sleep Book is clear, comforting, and uniquely authoritative. Its flexible, sensitive approach to solving babies' sleep problems distinguishes it as definitive -- an unrivaled book that offers immediate results.
If you’re a new mom of multiples, it can be hard to find advice and enough people in your life who “get it” or give you the support you need. Luckily, there’s Twin Set: for moms of twins, by moms of twins. Twin Set provides a parent-to-parent support network—based on an exclusive national survey of more than 300 moms of multiples—and shares indispensable, mom-tested, solution-oriented advice . . . and a few laughs along the way. There’s also a Mommy Doc and Daddy Doc onboard, two pediatricians who contribute medical perspectives on various issues, in addition to special features from experts ranging from a financial planner to a nutritionist—many parents of twins themselves! Twin Set includes:
• Answers to your biggest twin pregnancy questions
• Advice on handling the emotional impact of premature delivery
• Lessons on feeding, bathing, and dressing your twins, taking them out, and
putting them to bed
• Tips from dads of twins, for dads of twins
• Solutions for managing twice the laundry, bottles, spills, and other messes
• Options for multiples child care, from birth through school age
• Insights into twin bonding, development, and safety
• Lists of essential twin resources, gear, and equipment
This encouraging and essential guide will help you savor—not just survive—life as a time-crunched mom of multiples.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Originally developed for newborn multiples, this sleep-training method worked so well with twins and triplets that families with singletons and older babies began asking Suzy to share her recipe for success, resulting in: regular feeding times; 12 hours' sleep at night; three hours' sleep during the day; peace of mind for parent and baby; and less strain on parents - and their marriage. This edition includes a new chapter on implementing the program with babies up to 18 months.
En ¡Socorro! Mi bebé viene sin manual de instrucciones, Blythe Lipman comparte con nosotros todos sus secretos sobre el arte del cuidado del bebé tras una vida dedicada al mundo infantil y nos ofrece toda su sabiduría y experiencia mediante múltiples consejos sencillos y muy prácticos. Con ellos, los nuevos padres y madres podrán sentirse seguros para afrontar las dificultades cotidianas relacionadas con el recién nacido: el sueño, los llantos, la alimentación, el arte de poner un pañal, los viajes, la elección de guardería o qué hacer si el bebé cae enfermo.
Además, también orienta a la madre sobre cómo debe cuidarse y da pautas al padre para compartir plenamente las tareas del cuidado de su hijo.
Una guía indispensable que se convertirá en el manual de instrucciones perfecto para madres y padres primerizos.