* Installing Packer.
* Building images.
* Provisioning images.
* Integration with Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
* Packer and Docker containers.
* Integrating and writing infrastructure tests.
* Building pipelines for Continuous Integration with Packer.
* Extending Packer.
James Turnbull is the author of numerous technical books about engineering and infrastructure and is a long-time member of the open source community.
James is currently CTO at Empatico, an education technology start-up in New York. He was previously CTO at Kickstarter, VP of Services at Docker Inc, VP of Engineering at Venmo and at Puppet Labs running Operations and Professional Services.
Author Jeff Patton shows you how changeable story maps enable your team to hold better conversations about the project throughout the development process. Your team will learn to come away with a shared understanding of what you’re attempting to build and why.Get a high-level view of story mapping, with an exercise to learn key concepts quicklyUnderstand how stories really work, and how they come to life in Agile and Lean projectsDive into a story’s lifecycle, starting with opportunities and moving deeper into discoveryPrepare your stories, pay attention while they’re built, and learn from those you convert to working software
Docker book designed for SysAdmins, Operations staff, Developers and DevOps who are interested in deploying the open source container service Docker.
In this book, we'll walk you through installing, deploying, managing, and extending Docker. We're going to do that by first introducing you to the basics of Docker and its components. Then we'll start to use Docker to build containers and services to perform a variety of tasks.
We're going to take you through the development life cycle, from testing to production, and see where Docker fits in and how it can make your life easier. We'll make use of Docker to build test environments for new projects, demonstrate how to integrate Docker with continuous integration workflow, and then how to build application services and platforms. Finally, we'll show you how to use Docker's API and how to extend Docker yourself.
We'll teach you how to:
* Install Docker.
* Take your first steps with a Docker container.
* Build Docker images.
* Manage and share Docker images.
* Run and manage more complex Docker containers.
* Deploy Docker containers as part of your testing pipeline.
* Build multi-container applications and environments.
* Learn about orchestration using Compose and Swarm for the orchestration of Docker containers and Consul for service discovery.
* Explore the Docker API.
* Getting Help and Extending Docker.
Updated for Terraform 0.11!