IMPORTANT SECURITY NOTICE
To mitigate efail please consider the following:
- Install Version >= 2.40.264
- Disable HTML view (Settings->Display->View HTML content by default->off)
- Do not download remote content
R2Mail2 is an email client for Android OS which provides cryptographic capabilities, such as Digital Signatures and Digital De- and Encryption based on personal Soft-Token keys (.p12 format), as for example provided by a Trust Center or generated by PGP applications. Even though we focus on the best cryptographic experience in the Android email world, we try to provide a full functioning mail client with corresponding safety features in general.
Since version 2.50.295 R2Mail2 is free to use and does not require a license app for full functionality.
* E-Mail Server: IMAP (incl. pushmail/idle), POP, SMTP and Exchange (>2007 SP1)
* SSL with X-509 client certifiate authentication
* An database in which the mails are stored encrypted
* Special Attachment View (browse your attachments without checking single mails)
* Unified Inbox and E-Mail Threading
* Peak Options for check intervals
* Search Function for messages per Folder
* IMAP shared folders
Main Cryptographic Features:
* Private keys and passwords are stored in an encrypted database (Key-Store) and protected by a Master Password.
* The security settings allow the configuration of encryption parameters, signature and certificate validation methods (OCSP and LDAP).
* Full S/MIME and PGP Plain and PGP MIME support
* Automatic selection of S/MIME or PGP for each recipient
* Full support of Android Root Store
* Certificate import of .crt, .pem and .asc formats
* Certificate/Key import from KeyServer LDAP or HKP (HTTP)
The application needs the following Android permissions to run:
* Full Internet Access - required to send and receive emails
* Modify/Delete SD card content - required to access the private key store, download attachments and to write log-files
* Read Contacts - required to suggest email addresses from your contacts
* Network State - required to check if an Internet connection is present
* Vibrate – required for notification purposes
* WakeLock - to allow service to check mails in background
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT ERRORS IN COMMENTS! We cannot react on that!
If you get errors please use "Menu -> Report Error" on the start-screen to send us the log-file information in your preferred way!
Informations about Private Key and Validity Handling:
The application comes without a personal key pair (the users private and public key) - so it is fully functioning in the sense of sending and receiving emails as any other mail client and provides the correct usage of validation if the mail you receive is signed by the sender.
For signing or encrypting a message it is necessary to use a private key you own. Turn to a Trust Center of your choice as a source of supply. You can find a list of trust centers, which are trusted within the Android world, in the Certificate Store (CA section) of R2Mail2. Please be aware that this app can only support Soft-Token in form of P12-files and will not work with smartcard-based certificates.
For more information visit http://r2mail2.com