VMware enables secure mobile access to content anytime, anywhere on Android devices. An enterprise-grade file sync and share solution, VMware Content Locker protects your sensitive content in a corporate container and provides users with a central application to securely access, store and distribute the latest documents from their Android devices.
NOTE: VMware Content Locker works in conjunction with and is managed through configurable system settings within the admin console. VMware Content Locker will not operate without the required infrastructure. Please contact your IT administrator before installing VMware Content Locker.
VMware Content Locker Key Features
• Enterprise-grade security policies and data loss prevention
• Device-aware file distribution, access and compliance with MDM
• Integrated solution developed on the VMware® Enterprise Mobility Management platform
• Flexible content storage in the cloud or existing repositories
• Seamless VPN connection to internal content repositories
• Anytime, anywhere access across mobile, desktop and web
• Intuitive user interface with smart views, folders and search
• Available in 17 languages based on user preference
• Native support for Office, PDF, audio, video, image, zip files and more
• Photo and video capture in secure, containerized application
• Content sharing, editing, feedback and peer collaboration
• Activity feed with latest updates and user collaboration
Steps for Activation:
1. Download and install VMware Content Locker on your device from the Google Play Store.
2. Open the app and authenticate using your credentials.
3. Gain access to enterprise content and start collaborating with your peers.
VMware Content Locker supports Android versions 4.1 and above for Android smartphones and tablets.
To optimize security and productivity for your device, VMware will need to collect some device identity information, such as:
• Phone Number
• Serial Number
• UDID (Universal Device Identifier)
• IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identifier)
• SIM Card Identifier
• Mac Address
• Currently Connected SSID