The official NHS Wales digital asthma action plan.
This app is recommended for all children with a diagnosis of asthma, irrespective of how severe or under control their asthma may be.
Evidence suggests that people with asthma who have an asthma care plan are significantly less likely to need hospital care for their asthma. They are also more likely to have a better quality of life to engage in their favourite activities and hobbies.
Asthmahub for Parents is developed and updated with NHS asthma specialists. It is designed to support your child to stay well and to spot when their asthma is deteriorating before any urgent action is required. The aim is that all children with asthma stay symptom-free, which involves easy access to an up-to-date asthma plan.
Registration with the app is free and involves putting in minimal information to ensure the app is personalised to your child. No information is shared with any third party, but anonymised data will support improvement efforts to local clinical services and it may also contribute towards population-based asthma research.
This app is freely available and can be downloaded for use now. It includes:
- A digital asthma plan, medications and how to take them
- A decision support tool to help manage your child’s symptoms
- Tools to monitor symptoms and peak flow diaries
- General education about keeping your child well and symptom-free
- Videos from the experts providing general strategies for managing triggers and symptoms
- A log of important asthma information to discuss with your healthcare professional
- Diary and medication reminders
- Your asthma contacts list
NEW for Version 2.0:
- A monthly Asthma Checker to monitor your child’s asthma control in between annual reviews.
- A checklist to ensure you receive the very best care when visiting your GP or attending hospital appointments.
The app promotes self-management and helps you take control of your child's asthma symptoms. It has been developed with collaboration and feedback from patients & healthcare professionals.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we aim to reply within 3 working days.
The information and advice on this app are put together and updated by specialists within the NHS, so it is always as accurate as possible. The content and education in the App is provided for general information and it is not intended to amount to advice on which you should solely rely upon. Always seek advice from your healthcare practitioner.
Download the app now, take control of your child's asthma.