Free and simple to use, Ground Miles is designed to encourage and support you to walk more. Powered by health expertise from Bupa, Ground Miles will help you get walking whether you walk to look good, feel great, or just to get outdoors. Ground Miles turns your smartphone into your very own personal walking tracker, featuring:
Track your activity
- Track your indoor and outdoor walking - your distance and also your pace across three simple levels: active, walk and run
- Track your daily, weekly and total walking distances in miles or kilometres
- Get walking to earn visible and surprise badges as you reach your goals (and burn calories!)
- New Ground Miles badges* are added regularly, including unique badges for the casual walker, the early morning riser, and those who walk in their local park. *Some badges require GPS
Walk together and stay social
- Join or create virtual walking groups with friends or family anywhere in the world and see your collective miles accumulate
- Share your badges and walking milestones with friends via social media including Facebook and Twitter
Tailor and monitor your walking goals
- Set your own daily or weekly goals
- Use the interactive in-App map, using your phone's native map functionality, to see where you could walk to reach your goal
- Receive personalised motivation cards based on your walking routine
Personalise your experience
- Enter your age, height, weight, gender and step length for a more personalised experience (but not required before you get going)
- Personalise your Ground Miles app background by using your favourite photo - or add any amazing sights you see while walking
Join the challenge
- The World Heart Federation and Bupa have formed a global partnership to get the world walking, to help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (includes heart disease and stroke).
- On World Heart Day they are launching a global walking challenge called Ground Miles Challenge. The global target is to walk 5 million miles (approximately 8 million kilometres).
- People who download the Ground Miles app and achieve their Ground Miles Challenge badge will have the chance to win prizes along the way (terms and conditions apply).
- Together, when we achieve 5 million miles, our collective efforts will unlock Bupa funding to World Heart Federation programmes that protect thousands of children from heart failure and early death, as a result of Rheumatic Heart Disease.
Remember, everyone can take steps towards heart health - and it is never too late to get walking!
Start walking with Ground Miles today to help protect not only your own health, but the health of thousands of children around the world.
For more info visit:
*Due to device and OS compatibility issues with running the accelerometer in the background, this app will only work on OS 4.0 and above.
Download the new personal running app from the experts at Saucony. Simple, powerful and easy-to-use, RUN4GOOD has everything you want in a running partner, like mileage and pace tracking, route mapping, calorie counting and more.
And with RUN4GOOD, every step you take helps fight childhood obesity, an epidemic affecting one in three kids in the USA. Run with the community to reach monthly mileage challenges, and Saucony will donate to charities helping kids stay active and healthy.
The more you run, the more you help the cause.
- Record your pace, times, calories burned and every personal best
- View a detailed history of every run, including route maps, right on the app
- Cross milestones to earn achievements
- Join the fight against childhood obesity just by running
- Add your miles to the community total to meet monthly challenges and double donations
- Every month, Saucony and corporate partners will donate to worthy charities
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
Would your company like to join the fight against childhood obesity? Recommend RUN4GOOD to your fellow employees, or contact Saucony to learn how to donate to the challenge (for just a month, or on an ongoing basis) and get featured in the app!
A bomb explodes in Inverness station, and you’re given a package that could save the world. To stay alive, you’ll need to walk the length of the UK. The Walk is more than just a great pedometer/step counter — it's a way to turn walking into a journey, a challenge, and a rip-roaring adventure.
Made by Six to Start and Naomi Alderman, creators of the world’s most popular running game with 800,000+ players, Zombies, Run!
ENGADGET - “Simple, fun, effective.”
JOYSTIQ - "Spices up your step-tracking with some danger and intrigue.”
BBC NEWS - “Encourages users to walk 10,000 steps-a-day to help improve their health”
LIFEHACKER - “You're motivated to actually get up and move around so you can progress further into the story, and it works really well.”
AWESOME ACTIVITY TRACKER
Just put your phone in your pocket or purse and we’ll track every walk and run you take — and map it, too!
You’ll walk the length of the UK while evading capture by the police and enemy agents. Can you work out who set off that bomb in the first place and what their plan is? Get ready for an epic adventure across 51 episodes, 800 minutes of audio, and hundreds of miles.
Get rewarded for walking more by collecting clues, scanning for information, and unlocking achievements.
The Walk adjusts its difficulty based on individual fitness levels. Everyone’s different, and we make sure we give you the right level of challenge!
We are offering our users (Android 2.2 and above) the possibility to train for the 4.5km, 12km and 42.195km races by means of three free training plans specifically designed by a qualified personal trainer.
EverywhereSport Run, as usual, will support and guide you during all the phases of your training.
The events will start from the city center at 9am CET (Largo Carlo Felice) and will finish inside the city's harbour at Stazione Marittima.
EverywhereSport Run is your virtual PERSONAL TRAINER for running, walking, jogging, cycling and many other sports.
It tracks your workouts and helps you in reaching your goals.
It uses the GPS to track and measure your fitness activities (running, walking, etc).
It is available for you everywhere every time you need it.
Thanks to GPS, EverywhereSport Run tracks and shows you the distance, speed and location when you run, jog, walk, bike, etc.
EverywhereSport Run has some distinctive features, as the "Virtual Personal Trainer" feature, the ability to build your workout schemes (workout regimes) and even the possibility to share those schemes. You can create complex workout regimes, as interval training routines.
We are committed to continuously improving the application, help us rating it in the Android Play Store.
If EverywhereSport Run does not satisfy you, please tell us in your comment (or by e-mail) how we can improve it.
PLEASE: if you encounter any troubles, please let us know so that we can fix them immediately!
Want to be a TESTER of the app? Send us an e-mail
Follow us on Facebook:
- virtual personal trainer
- creates custom workout regimes and weekly workout plans
- send and receive workout regimes and weekly workout plans
- GPS tracking
- accurate and fully featured chronometer
- it records and shows in realtime: time, distance, speed and pace
- supports kilometers and miles
- average, lap and last km (or mile) data
- audio feedback, fully customizable in 4 groups
- workout history with charts and route on the map
- share charts by e-mail and sms
- export your workouts in the GPX standard format
Whether you are a beginner or an expert sportsman,
EverywhereSport Run is designed to fully satisfy your needs.
Keep reading the following sections "Beginners" and "Experts" to see why EverywhereSport Run is for you!!
EverywhereSport Run is really easy and fun to use: just press the "Start" button and the application, using the GPS, will record your performance and support you giving all info you need, as distance you have done, speed and so on.
Set your goals and let the Virtual Personal Trainer guide you in reaching them!
EverywhereSport Run can be easily programmed for you by other people!
So, ask your friends or your trainer to set your goals for you!
They can prepare a workout regime using EverywhereSport Run and send it to you.
You receive that regime, then the Virtual Personal Trainer will guide you in following that workout routine.
IT IS VERY EASY!
You can even start using our examples: they are in the application for you. Get started with them, then modify them to suit your needs.
If you are an EXPERT SPORTSMAN, you will find in EverywhereSport Run all the flexibility you need to create even the most complex workout regime (even interval training).
Indeed EverywhereSport Run allows you to fully design your own workout schemes and assists you during your run, helping you to stick to your chosen pace. In this way, you can fully focus on the run!
You can create workout schemes and even weekly workout plans.
So, just set your goals before start running and let the app guide you reaching them.
At the end of your workout, compare your results with your desired goals.
Enjoy the following features:
* View Statistics
* View Chart of Elevation and Speed
* View your track on a map (online as well as offline via nogago Maps)
* Mark waypoints
* Listen to voice announcements (based on distance or time)
* Automatically add interval statistics (based on distance or time)
* Upload to nogago.com for online viewing, backup and sharing with friends
* E-Mail track file and send statistics
* Fulltext search in track and waypoints
* Import of GPX file(s)
* Export to GPX, KML (for viewing on Google Earth), TCX (Garmin Training Center) and CSV
* File-based backup and restore between devices (several smartphone operating systems supported)
* Extensive configuration options
* No permissions requested for marketing purposes
* Right to reuse and inspect the source at opensource.nogago.com (contributors welcome!)
The app requires the following permissions to provide its' function:
- Internet (Upload Tracks to nogago.com, recommend name for the track based on your position at stop)
- Shared files (Import and Export GPX/KML/CSV as well as Backup and Restore)
- Device identifying information (we don't use it other than for your support requests)
- GPS location (for the actual track logging)
START RUNNING is a 4-week training program that will turn you from a Michelin Man into an untiring running machine in a month’s time. Well, all right, you won’t be ready for a marathon, but you’ll really be able to run AND you’ll be enjoying it!
START RUNNING will put you on a schedule of 3 training sessions per week, each lasting about 30 minutes. An hour and a half of exercise a week is pretty manageable, even if you’re an extremely busy person. Besides, the workouts are so conveniently arranged that you’ll be looking forward to your next training session!
The program is based on interval training, which is a combination of running, jogging, walking and resting, so you’ll develop a running body and improve your lung capacity quickly and comfortably. You’ll be amazed at the changes in your body and abilities after only 4 weeks!
- Effective training plan from the best coaches
- GPS map saved for each training session
- Real-time stats of your pace, distance, time and other parameters
- Audio cues during all workouts to keep you focused
- Listening and managing your favorite music from the app
- Motivating tips on running with each training session
- Sharing achievements with Facebook & Twitter friends
- Inspiring quotes keep you motivated while running
- Synchronization of your stats & logs with an upgrade from the free version
- Integration with Runkeeper, Fitbit, MapMyRun – your activities are automatically synchronized with these networks
Get ready to be surprised if you think you would never be able to start running!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app is developed for informational purposes only. You must always consult your physician or doctor before starting any fitness program.
Walking meditation is perfect for those who have trouble sitting still to meditate. For those who enjoy sitting meditations, walking meditation brings a new dimension, helping to bring meditation into every moment of the day.
Our approach to walking meditation is easy and informal. These meditations gently guide you to experience your body and your surroundings fully as you walk, letting go of the mind's preoccupation with naming, analyzing and evaluating what's going on. Letting go of thoughts about the past and future allows you to experience the present moment more fully.
THE APP CONTAINS:
✓ THREE WALKING MEDITATIONS, each with a different emphasis
✓ TIPS on how to get the most out of your walking meditation
✓ DIARY PAGE - for those who want to keep notes on insights and experiences
Each walking meditation has a different focus:
★ BEING FULLY PRESENT ★ Guided Walking Meditation (16 min)
This meditation helps you to be fully present to all of the experiences you have while walking -- what you experience within yourself and in the world around you.
★ ENLIVENING THE BODY ★ Guided Walking Meditation (17 min)
This meditation focuses on the experience of the body while walking. It enlivens the body, strengthens the mind-body connection and is both calming and grounding.
★ ENHANCING THE SENSES ★ Guided Walking Meditation (18 min)
This meditation focuses on what you see, hear, smell and feel through the sense of touch as you walk. It enhances your experience of life by enhancing your perception.
CREATED BY MARY MADDUX, MS, HTP and RICHARD MADDUX, best known for their popular Meditation Oasis podcast, smartphone apps and CDs.
Mary and Richard bring over 30 years of meditation practice and teaching to the creation of their guided meditations and music. In addition to teaching meditation, Mary has worked in both conventional and alternative settings as a counselor and healing arts practitioner. Richard has played and composed music all of his life. His music is composed especially for meditation, relaxation and healing.
To get around this issue and to avoid the app crashing when sharing to Twitter please ensure that if you are sharing to Twitter that you set a #tag message in the #tag field in the Twitter settings page. e.g. #Marathon
Thank You :-)
MyWhereAbouts is a GPS Tracking Charity App for use by fundraisers in all running, walking and cycling events to help promote their donation page/text number, increase donations and let everyone know where they are during training and their big event!
- Tweet or post all information automatically either by distance or time.
- Include a link in to your fundraising donation page.
- Include your fundraising donation text number.
- Include your own or your charities 'HashTag'
- Include a link to your location, pace, distance, time.
- Updates to Twitter and Facebook.
- People see your efforts live and encourages donations.
- Bridges the gap between charities and their fundraisers
- Charities can support you by tracking your 'Hashtag'
- Supporters at the event can track your progress.
- Supporters on social networks can track & cheer you on.
- No monthly subscriptions.
- No requirement for supporters to register.
- Runs alongside your other training apps.
- Not specific to any event and can be used day to day.
- Link to your location opens in Google maps.
MyWhereAbouts is very easy to set up and will send updates at a frequency of your choice of either time or distance.
Promoting your donation page doesn’t stop when the race starts......
We are working hard on including more functionality which will be available very soon.
Find us and we'll shout about your event!
The world's best app for tracking rowing workouts.
Simply log your time and distance and watch your stats improve!
Designed with Concept 2 rowers specifically in mind, but perfect any rower that reports time and distance in meters,
Cloud sync & other features coming soon. Feature requests and feedback are welcome - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Built to help runners, joggers, and walkers of all ability levels and ages.
Easily track pace, distance, calories, time with audio alerts and much more!
“The best part of my run—the MapMyRun app. I’m in love with this thing… With MapMyRun, all you do is press Start when you begin your work out, and it calculates your route, mileage, minutes per mile and calories burned.” - @plankpilates
Track running, cycling, and over 600 types of other activities with:
⊕ GPS Route Mapping
⊕ Route navigation
⊕ Calorie counting
⊕ Elevation profile
⊕ Nutrition, food, diet, and weight tracking
⊕ Real-time Stats (avg/min/max pace, distance, time, etc) during workout
⊕ Voice prompts that give you updates on your progress as you go!
⊕ Compete on local Courses: receive automatic achievements and overall rank on Leaderboards for popular local runs and rides.
⊕ Tracks in the background so you can listen to music, take calls, and use any other feature of your phone, while still tracking
⊕ Post your workouts to Facebook and Twitter, or keep every thing completely private
All of your info syncs securely with your free account on www.MapMyRun.com.
Perfect training app for “couch to 5K”, all the way to elite marathoner, or even someone just looking for a weight loss, diet or calorie counting app.
Great for training for 10K, half marathon, marathon, even 50k (battery life up to 8 hours of tracking on newer phones!).
Visit www.MapMyRun.com to:
⊕ Search the world’s largest database of running, walking, and cycling routes.
⊕ Join sponsored challenges and WIN PRIZES (i.e. trips and shoes) just for running.
⊕ Connect with our community of millions of fitness enthusiasts.
⊕ Sync devices like Nike+, Garmin, Polar, CycleOps Joule, PowerTap, Fitbit, Timex, Magellan at www.MapMyRun.com
♬ Play music! This app keeps tracking your run in the background, so you can play your iPod, run Pandora or your favorite music app simultaneously. ♬
⊕ Explore settings, with many great features including auto-pause, audio alert settings and more
Be sure to visit us at www.MapMyRun.com for the full experience.
Using your phone’s built-in GPS, Fitly tracks any outdoor activity, such as walking, running or cycling. To conserve battery life, Fitly automatically turns the GPS off when you are not active, for example when at home or at work.
Fitly gives you an overview of all your daily activity, including duration, distance, speed and calories burned. Moreover, Fitly is great for tracking your improvement over time using charts showing your activity by day, month or even year.
While Fitly stores location data on your phone to enable you to view your workouts on a map, no location data is ever uploaded or shared with anyone. We take your privacy seriously.
Moreover, Fitly allows you to choose from 11 fitness levels and gives you a quick overview of how you’ve been doing so far today, so you can see at a glance how much is left to achieve your daily goal.
Unlike other sports trackers, Fitly offers an uncluttered user interface geared towards minimalism and does not try to overwhelm you with lots of unnecessary features.
Please note: Due to the vast number of different Android devices, we cannot guarantee that Fitly will function flawlessly on your handset. However, Fitly has been tested extensively with a number of popular phones and should work well for most users. It is still early days for Fitly and we will strive to make the app better over time. If you’d like to help us improve the app, please send us feedback on your experience using Fitly to email@example.com.
✔ Automatically counts steps, 24/7
✔ Uses less than 2% of your battery (During a full 24 hours of use, Noom Walk uses the same amount of battery as 20 minutes of screen display or just 3 minutes of GPS.)
✔ Motivates you and your friends with comments & high fives
✔ 100% free, no external hardware required
Noom Walk is the best pedometer available for the Android platform. It counts your steps and lets you know when you've reached daily step count records. You'll be notified when new friends join, and you can always visit their profiles to encourage them with high fives and comments.
We'd love to hear from you!
For more info: noom.com/walk/info
To report bugs or request features: noomwalk.uservoice.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How can Noom Walk count all the time without killing battery?
A: Noom Walk doesn't use GPS like most pedometers (which need to be turned on and off all the time in order to conserve battery life). The app relies on low-battery-drain sensors and smart algorithms to pick up your movements in the background, all day, every day. This allows it to use less power than competitors, like Accupedo.
Q: Is Noom Walk compatible with Noom Weight Loss Coach?
A: It's 100% compatible and works seamlessly -- your phone counts the steps once, but they are shared between the two apps. For best results, make sure you have the latest version of Noom Weight Loss Coach.
Q: Do I need to wear a device?
A: Nope! Noom Walk works with the smartphone you already own and requires no additional equipment at all (unlike Nike+ or FitBit). It even works with tablets!
Q: How can I interact with my friends on Noom Walk?
A: Once you've connected to Google+ or Facebook, Noom Walk will automatically show all of your friends who are also using Noom Walk. You can click on their names to visit their profiles, and you can high five different step counts: daily, weekly, all-time, and record days.
Q: I don't have/want to connect Google+ or Facebook. Is there another way to add friends?
A: Of course! You can create an account using just your email address, and connect with friends using their email addresses.
Q: What if I don't want to use Noom Walk's social pedometer features?
A: Noom Walk works as a great standalone pedometer application, too. If you want to be 100% invisible, just switch Noom Walk into private mode and it won't upload any information at all.
MapMyWalk brings you its mobile app for Android-based devices! Now you can track the route, time, distance, speed, pace and calories in real-time for your fitness activities using your phone.
Your walks sync automatically with www.mapmywalk.com!
MapMyWalk is great for fitness, hiking, weight loss, calorie counting, and more, and is an integral part of the MapMyWalk platform, by MapMyFitness.
Use our route search feature to find nearby places to walk. You can filter routes by type or length, examine elevation graphs, and leaderboards. Try beating your own best time!
* trip timing
* trip distance
* average speed
* max speed
Very small, very helpful.
Track your walks is the best way to maintain a walking schedules. Use Track My Walks app and measure your walking route and calculate your burned calories per session. Track each walks and use this for memories of each walk.
Track My Walks App Features
• Keep track of your daily walks by time, distance and speed
• Track of per day calories burned by each walks
• Background Tracking - gives you option to track your walk in background
• You can manually add you route ,time etc
• Get notifications by distance you set from the settings
• You can save your daily run/walk routes
• Take pictures on the go with inbuilt camera feature
• Daily and Monthly information of each walk sessions
• Share your walks with other friends on your facebook profile
Use this pedometer app to help you track your current route or get map directions of past walk routes, you can take pictures on the go to memorize and share with others on your facebook profile easily.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Isn’t it great!!! Get this app and track, analyze and share your daily walk activities.
Track My Walks application is in a state of continuous development and will have more features as soon as possible.
We appreciate your feedback. We are constantly working on making the content and functionality of our apps better.
Track My Walk, Mywalk, Running, Jogging, Walking, Waking, Run, Jog, Walk, Traker, Tracking, GPS, Routes, Runtastik, GPS Cycling Riding, maps walk, walking map, walking distance, running route map
Mapmywalk, map walk, map for walking, walking map, running route map, map a walk, map walking route, draw on a map, how do you draw a map, bike trails, bike trails,app for walking,walking map,distance walking,walking route,directions for driving,map walk route