- Uses LIVE CTA Bus and Train data to give you instant arrival times.
- Add bus and train stops as favorites for quick access during your commute!
- Enter a stop number to see when a bus is coming!
- Full map view so you can see all the buses and stops nearby.
After using other CTA bus and train tracker apps, I decided to make a better app and make it FREE!
Uses the CTA Bus Tracker and CTA Train Tracker APIs to deliver up-to-the minute information.
Interested in testing new versions before they're released? Send an email to email@example.com and I'll add you to the Google+ Beta community!
Survey to help guide future development: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CGM576J
Realtime CTA rail and CTA bus predictions directly from Chicago CTA (Chicago Transit Authority), serving the Chicago metropolitan area.
-Realtime Chicago CTA L predictions (Next Train) for every L train station in the Chicago region direct from CTA.
-Realtime Chicago CTA bus (Next Bus) predictions for every bus stop in the Chicago region direct from CTA.
-Location based L station finder to locate L stations nearby. Provides navigation.
-Location based bus stop finder to locate CTA bus stops nearby. Provides navigation.
-Mapping for Chicago L rail stations and Chicago bus stops.
-Save commonly used CTA L stations and stops into your Favorites list for easy access.
-Chicago Transit Trip Planner (new)
-In app purchase to go Ad-Free
-Set your preferred start page.
-Optional spoken text to speech on route predictions.
-Smartphone and tablet compatibility.
-More intelligent interface than Transit Tracks and Chicago Transit Tracker apps.
-And of course, FREE
-Best Chicago CTA / Chicago Bus based app in the market.
You must have network access to use these resources.
Sign up to become a beta tester and get access to new features before they're released: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112565087476147738147
Like us at https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoTransitApp
CTA tracker also includes the ability to download route schedules.
CTA tracker allows you to define alerts for CTA routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of CTA buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any CTA route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus/train is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for CTA stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a CTA vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by CTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by CTA, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using CTA's buses and trains.
- On the share vehicle screen, enter your vehicle's number and tap the share button. This will let you send to a friend a message with a URL that will show them the progress of your vehicle in real time. The URL will open in CTA tracker if they have the app installed; it will open in any browser if they don't.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of CTA vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for CTA alerts.
This is not an official CTA app; I am not affiliated with CTA in any way.
Do you use the same bus or train every morning in your commute? This app allows you to place a widget on your home screen to track a specific stop, so you can see real-time arrivals and alerts for your commute the second you unlock your phone.
Transit Tracker Chicago lets you:
- Choose from a list of routes and stops to see arrival times
- Save your favorite or most used stops for easy access
- See relevant service alerts for all bus and train routes
- View stops and routes on a map for quick reference
- See all stops near to you on a map or in list form
- Tap anywhere on the map (or type an address) to see stops near to that location
- See all recently viewed stops
- Place a widget on your home screen to track arrivals for a specific route and stop (great for commutes or other commonly-used routes)
Transit Tracker: Chicago features a sleek design using the Google Cards UI and does not have any in-app advertisements.
"I'm glad someone finally wrote a CTA app that looks good and works like a charm." - Transit Tracker: Chicago user
"This is the best app that I have used to navigate the CTA yet. Well done." - Transit Tracker: Chicago user
NEW! Lite version and Pro version have the SAME FEATURES! Upgrade to Pro to remove the ads.
There's no better tool for exploring and getting around Chicago than the Chicago Transit Authority. But with more than 140 bus and train routes covering 2,230 route miles, the system itself can be a challenge to learn. Chicago Transit Tracker can help ensure that you get the most out of the CTA.
"I think this is the greatest app ever" -C.R.
-Real-time Bus and Train Trackers!
-Add and organize multiple 'L' and Bus routes in My Routes
-Reorder, group and organize those routes into groups for each access
-Map predicted buses on your route with a single tap
-Save (export) your list of routes to backup, and load (import) them from backup. Simply go to Settings to save or load your list. Great for when you need to reinstall your app or upgrade to Pro!
-Closest Routes lookup based on your location (limited to a single route in Lite version)
-Alarms to tell you when to walk out the door
-Smooth flashing indicators to alert you of changes
-Filter by name when creating route
-Report crashes to us to improve your experiences down the road
Why Pro vs. Lite?
- The Pro version removes ads.
Featured on Google Play Picks and MTA App Quest winner! Works in 62 cities across North America and Europe (see full list on http://thetransitapp.com/cities)
- Know at a glance when your next train or bus is arriving.
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- Find scheduled departures and route itineraries even without an Internet connection.
- Star your favorite routes, bumping them to the top of the list
- Plot routes on the map.
*Where real-time is available
Transit App is a great replacement for the now discontinued HopStop app!
Transit integrates with the following transit agencies:
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, NJ Transit, PATCO)
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA, Metrolink, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop**, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Washington (Metro*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Kingcounty Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- Atlanta (MARTA*, Cobb Community Transit (CCT), Xpress by GRTA)
- Phoenix (ValleyMetro)
- Baltimore (MTA)
- Portland (TriMet*)
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul (Metro Transit*, Plymouth*, SouthWest Transit*, Scott County Transit*, Airport (MAC), University of Minnesota*, MVTA)
- Houston (METRO)
- Honolulu (TheBus*)
- Pittsburgh (Port Authority)
- Dallas (DART)
- Denver (RTD)
- Las Vegas (RTC)
- Milwaukee (MCTS)
- Salt Lake City (UTA*)
- San Antonio (VIA)
- St. Louis (Metro)
- Austin (Capital Metro)
- Kansas City (KCATA)
- Sacramento (Sacramento Regional Transit, Roseville Transit)
- Tampa (HART, PSTA)
- Hartford (CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Waterbury, CTTransit Hartford, CTTransit New Britain, CTTransit Meriden)
- Cincinnati (Metro, TANK)
- Buffalo (NFTA)
- Providence (RIPTA)
- Columbus (COTA)
- Madison (Madison Metro*)
- Louisville (TARC*)
- Hampton (HRT)
- Toronto (TTC*, GO Transit, YRT*, Guelph Transit, Hamilton Street Railway, Grand River Transit, Brampton Transit, MiWay, Burlington Transit)
- Montréal (STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, autres CITs, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)
- Vancouver (TransLink*, False Creek Ferries)
- Ottawa (OC Transpo*)
- Edmonton (Edmonton Transit)
- Calgary (Calgary Transit)
- Winnipeg (Winnipeg Transit*)
- Québec (RTC)
- Halifax (MetroTransit)
- Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit)
- Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Transit*)
- Banff (Roam Transit)
- Kelowna (BC Transit)
- Squamish (BC Transit)
- Victoria (BC Transit)
- Whistler (BC Transit)
- Kamloops (BC Transit)
- Mexico (Metrobús, Metro, RTP, STE, Ferrocarriles Suburbanos)
- Cali (MIO)
- Paris (RATP*, SNCF Transilien)
- Toulouse (Tisséo*)
- Nantes (SEMITAN*)
- Strasbourg (CTS)
- Bordeaux (Tram et Bus de la CUB)
- Rennes (STAR*)
* Agency with real-time departures and/or vehicle locations
TRACKER APP FEATURES:-
*** PLEASE SCROLL HORIZONTALLY TO VIEW PACE TAB ***
•Create groups and organize your favorite stops/routes.
•You can add bus and train stops or routes to your favorite list for quick access.
•View all stop schedules in a group simultaneously. If there is more than one train/bus stops near you, you can add bus and train stops to a group and then you can view all the arrival times in a single screen. This feature helps you get more than one train/stop arrival times at the same time.
•Search and filter by stop name or route number.
•Displays train stops in travel direction order instead of alphabetical order.
•Provides arrival time estimates in minutes, local Chicago time, distance to stop in miles or feet, travel direction, destination name, route name, vehicle number.
•Provides a functionality to display all routes at your stop and filter arrival times by train destinations.
•Provides search bus/train routes and stops option.
•Provides bus & train status and alerts (route changes, stop relocation etc)
•View nearby bus and train stops in list or map.
•View bus schedules and real times locations on the map.
* Buy Pro version to view METRA, South Shore Indiana schedules.
This app is neither made nor endorsed by the CTA.
keywords: Chicago Transit Authority, CTA, Chicago public Transportation
Whether you live in Chicago or are just visiting, this is the app to help you master the L.
With Chicago Train Track, you can quickly and easily look up train stations and when the next trains are arriving there. Fully supports every stop on the Red Line, Blue Line, Brown Line, Green Line, Orange Line, Purple Line (and Express), Pink Line, and Yellow Line. That's all the lines!
Add a stop to your favorites, so you can see when the next train is getting there right on the app's home screen. At-a-glance info gives you maximum convenience. You can have as many favorites as you want.
This app is not affiliated with the CTA in any way. The CTA provides the data via its Train Tracker API.
- Track CTA bus and train arrival times
- Receive timely service alerts
- Share your experiences anonymously
- Receive customizable information like news, deals, and apartment listings along your route
★★ Featured on Google Play homepage in 20 countries ★★ MTA App Quest award winner ★★
• Live arrivals: Click a nearby station on the map, or search for a specific line
• Trip planner: Compare between alternate routes to your destination
• Step by step navigation: Easily find your way on the map, including walking directions
• Real time service alerts / advisories: Receive real time updates with push notifications on the lines you use frequently
• Static transport system maps for NY, LA, SF, Boston, Chicago, Miami and other popular train / subway / tram systems (a PDF viewer is required).
How is Moovit "powered by the crowd"?
Moovit is a real cooperative, community-driven project. We start with complete schedule-based transit information, then add real-time data from operators and users.
Just by riding with Moovit open, you help contribute live data back to the community. You can also send active reports about your ride or station from the report button.
Supported cities and agencies in the US:
• Atlanta: Atlanta Rapid Transit, MARTA
• Ann Arbor: TheRide, UMICH
• Austin: Capital Metro
• Boston: Boston Subway, CATA, Massport, MBTA Bus Ferry, Light Rail, Rail, MetroWest Regional Transit Authority, RIPTA
• Buffalo: NFTA Bus and Metro
• Chicago: CTA, CTA-L, Metra, PACE
• Cincinnati: Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority
• Cleveland: Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
• Dallas / Fort Worth: DART, Commuter Rail, Light Rail, Streetcar, The T
• DC Baltimore: Arlington Transit, DC Circulator, Fairfax Connector, MARC, MET-Bus, Metro Subway, MTA, RideOn
• Denver: RTD, RTD Light Rail
• Detroit: DDOT
• Hampton Roads: Hampton Roads Transit (HRT)
• Huston: METRO
• Kansas City: KCATA, The JO
• Las Vegas: Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC)
• Los Angeles: LA Big Blue Bus, Free Airport Shuttle, LADOT, LAX FlyAway, Metro, Metrolink Trains, OCTA, PVTransit, Riverside Transit, Torrance Transit
• Louisville: TARC - Transit Authority of River City
• Madison: Metro Transit
• Miami: BCT, MDT, MDT Metromover, MDT Metrorail
• Minneapolis-St.Paul: Airport (MAC), Maple Grove, Metro Transit, MVTA, Plymouth, Prior Lake, Scott County, SouthWest Transit, U-Pass
• New York - New Jersey: CTTransit- Stamford, LIRR, Metro-North Railroad, MNR Hudson Rail Link, MTA Bus Company, MTA Rail, Nassau Inter-County Express, NJ TRANSIT Rail & Tram, Norwalk Transit, NY Waterway, NYC Subway, Port Authority Trans-Hudson Corporation, Shore Line East
• New Orleans RTA: Tram and Bus
• Philadelphia: SEPTA Rail, Subway & Trolley
• Phoenix: Valley Metro LRT
• Pittsburgh: Port Authority Subway & Funicular
• Portland: TriMet
• Salt Lake City: UTA
• San Diego: MTS, North County Transit District
• Seattle: Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit, ST Bus, Light Rail, Washington State Ferries
• San Francisco Bay Area: AC Transit, AirBART, BART, Baylink, Blue & Gold Fleet, Caltrain, County Connection, Golden Gate Transit, Harbor Bay Ferry, Marguerite Shuttle, Marin Transit, Menlo Park Midday Shuttle, MUNI, SamTrans, SF Cable Car, VTA
• St. Louis: Metro St. Louis
• Tampa - St. Petersburg: Hillsborough Area Regional Transit, PSTA
• Toronto: GO Transit, Grand River Transit, Hamilton Street Railway, MiWay, Toronto Subway, TTC, York Region Transit
• Montreal: AMT, RTL, STM, STL
• Ottawa: OC Transpo
• Vancouver: CMBC, SkyTrain, TransLink, WCEX
• Winnipeg: Winnipeg Transit
• Calgary: Calgary Transit, CTrain
• Edmonton: ETS
We'd love to hear from you and stay connected:
• Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/moovit
• Follow us on Twitter: @moovitapp
A great replacement for the now discontinued HopStop app.
Minimize your wait time and find the stops nearest to you. AnyStop will get you there.
AnyStop shows all routes and all stops for each route. Find the routes and stops you use the most and favorite them for quick access.
Don't know what routes or stops are near you? Click "Find Stops Near Me" to see what your options are.
The schedules are always current and since updates to the schedules are done server-side no updates to the app are needed in order to receive the most up-to-date transit information.
- Access to all stops and routes from all supported transit agencies
- Filter by agency, type (bus, rail, etc.), date, location, stop name and route information
- Favorites for quick, direct access to specified stops
- Complete trip mapping with timetables
- Real-time alert system
Valley Metro (Phoenix)
Bay Area Rapid Transit - BART
Golden Gate Transit - GGT
Metro (Los Angeles)
Orange County - OCTA
San Diego MTS
San Francisco MTA
San Joaquin Regional
Santa Rosa CityBus
Stanford Marguerite Shuttle
Mountain Metro (Colorado Springs)
CT Transit (Hartford, Meriden, New Britain, Bristol, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury)
Washington Metropolitan Area - WMATA
Hillsborough (Tampa) - HART
Atlanta - MARTA
Chatham - CAT
Chicago - CTA
Champaign-Urbana - CUMTD
Indianapolis - IndyGo
Transit Authority of River City (Louisville) - TARC
New Orleans - NORTA
Baltimore - MTA
Massachusetts Bay (Boston) - MBTA
Lansing - CATA
University of Michigan
Metro (Minneapolis, Saint Paul)
Kansas City - KCATA
Metro (St. Louis)
Port Authority of NY & NJ - PANYNJ
ABQ Ride (Albuquerque)
Capital District (Albany) - CDTA
MTA Long Island Rail Road - LIRR
MTA Metro-North Railroad
MTA New York City Bus (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Bus Company)
MTA NYC Subway
Niagara Frontier (Buffalo) - NFTA
Port Authority of NY & NJ - PANYNJ
RTC Southern Nevada (Las Vegas)
RTC Washoe County (Reno)
Capital Area (Raleigh) - CAT
Durham - DATA
Triangle Transit + Express
Wave Transit (Wilmington)
Central Ohio (Columbus) - COTA
Southwest Ohio (Cincinnati) - SORTA
Lane Transit (Eugene) - LTD
Port Authority of Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) - PAAC
South Eastern PA (Philadelphia) - SEPTA
Clemson - CAT
Capital Metro (Austin)
Dallas - DART
MTA of Harris County (Houston)
Sun Metro (El Paso)
VIA Metropolitan (San Antonio)
Charlottesville - CAT
Intercity Transit - Olympia
Metro - King County (Seattle)
Spokane - STA
Milwaukee County - MCTS
NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR
Metrobus (St. John's)
Grand River Transit (Waterloo) - GRT
Hamilton Street Railway
OC Transpo (Ottawa)
Toronto - TTC
York Region / Viva - YRT
Agence métropolitaine de transport - AMT
Réseau de transport de la Capitale (RTC), de Longueuil
Société de transport de Montréal (Montreal) (STM), de Laval (STL)
Ville de Sainte-Julie
Request any other agency by sending me an email.
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, restaurants, metro stations, taxi, pubs, pharmacies, parkings, shops, cafe )
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 10 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Chicago is a huge vibrant city and sprawling metropolitan area. It is the home of the blues and the truth of jazz, the heart of comedy and the first builder of the skyscraper. Here, the age of railroads found its center, and airplanes followed. It is one of the world's great cities, and yet the metropolitan luxuries of theater, shopping, and fine dining have barely put a dent in real Midwestern friendliness. It's a city with a swagger, but without the surliness or even the fake smiles that can be found in other cities.
As the hub of the Midwest, Chicago is easy to find —its picturesque skyline calls across the waters of huge Lake Michigan, a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art, and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
More from developer
The newest version of Transit Tracks Pro is now just a licensing key for the main app. Please install the main app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duanstar.cta to get transit times ad-free!
Sorry for the inconvenience. This was done to ensure a consistent, stable experience and faster updates for everyone. Your saved stops will be automatically transferred over.
*Privacy Note* The CTA currently limits the number of bus/train tracker requests per developer. So that I know when to request more, this app collects anonymous usage information. Absolutely no personal data will ever be collected!