The Alert App pairs up with Embrace smartband and sends your chosen caregivers an automated SMS and phone call when Embrace detects unusual patterns that may be associated to a convulsive seizure.
The Alert App requires a dedicated smartphone with Bluetooth connectivity, and is available with a subscription plan. It is only designed to work with the Embrace smartband by Empatica www.empatica.com/store
++++ ALERT FEATURES ++++
The Alert App:
• Sends automatic calls and SMS to your caregiver when a possible convulsive seizure is detected.
• Sends your GPS location to your caregivers (when this option is activated).
With the Alert App you can:
• Review and track your seizure frequency.
• Enable caregivers throughout different periods of the day (e.g. enable teachers only for school hours).
• Disable Embrace's lights and vibration when you don't need them.
• See Embrace's status, battery, and memory levels.
• Receive notifications as soon as updates and new features are available.
• Cancel any alerts associated with events that do not require assistance.
++++ EMBRACE IN THE PRESS ++++
“Makes it easier for people with epilepsy to detect seizures and let others know when they need help.” – MIT Technology Review
“It can also do something most watches don’t: send out an epilepsy alert.” – Time
++++ REGULATORY ++++
EU: the Embrace smartband is a medical device of class IIa according to the directive 93/42/EEC, for patients with epilepsy or at risk of having epilepsy.
USA: Embrace is the first wrist-worn wearable cleared by the FDA in neurology. The Embrace is a prescription only device that is indicated for use as an adjunct to seizure monitoring of adults in home or healthcare facilities during periods of rest.
Always refer to the product Manual for detailed instructions, warnings, precautions and possible risks related to the Embrace.
++++ CONNECT WITH US ++++
Web - http://www.empatica.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/empatica
Twitter - @Empatica
Instagram - @empatica_wearables
Support - email@example.com or (866) 739-2049 (tel:8667392049) (Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 1:00pm EST).