Learn about the methods used to manage panic and get relief from anxiety. Relaxation, mindfulness, and teaching audios. Mood log and analysis, cognitive diary, healthy goals & more!
Feel hopeful about changing your life! Learn about the cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) methods shown in psychological research to be effective in managing panic and anxiety.
This app provides education to be an informed consumer of mental health services and contains resources to use in collaboration with a health professional. Prior to using CBT methods you should consult with your physician as sometimes panic and anxiety may be related to a physical condition.
The tools provided in this app are derived from the CBT research base and developed into a user-friendly format by Dr. Monica Frank, a clinical psychologist specializing with the cognitive-behavioral treatment of anxiety disorders for over 30 years.
CBT methods included in this app
1) Assistance audios
• learn to tolerate and manage panic and anxiety
• Panic Assistance -- coaches you through a panic attack
• Mindful Grounding -- teaches you how to refocus during high anxiety
• Mindful Breathing
2) Dozens of other audios
• Guided Imagery -- relaxation
• Quick Stress Relief -- simple exercises
• Emotion Training -- can be used simply as relaxation or you can use them to learn how to manage emotions
• Muscle Relaxation
• Children's Relaxation
• Mindfulness Training
• many of the articles are also available in audio format
3) Qi Gong Videos
• a gentle, physical relaxation method
• to help you learn about yourself
• Cognitive Styles Test, Your Happiness Assessment and more
5) Cognitive Diary
• step by step evaluation of an event that caused distress
• to help with cognitive restructuring
6) Healthy Activities Log
• track daily activities to motivate and make improvements
7) Mood Log
• record your moods throughout the day
• mood analysis feature: shows your average mood ratings for different actions or events
• graphs to track your mood
8) Daily Goals
• to plan your healthy activities
• treatment planning with therapist
• about panic/anxiety
• explaining cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
About cognitive-behavioral therapy
Stop Panic & Anxiety Self-Help by Excel At Life teaches you how to use the cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) methods in a simple format.
Learn the CBT methods shown by decades of psychological research to be effective for changing your emotions/moods and behavior that contribute to depression, anxiety and stress, as well as problems in relationships, career and physical health.
These CBT methods can be used as self-help for minor issues or can be used in collaboration with your therapist to develop a treatment plan best suited to your situation. The Daily Goals feature can be used to record your plan and completed activities.
• All personal data stored in your device.
• Download audios for offline use.
• Fully customizable: change the CBT terms (beliefs and definitions) used in the diary to conform with the system you are familiar with, add your own challenging statements for each belief, add moods/emotions, add healthy activities to track
• Password protection (optional)
• Daily reminder (optional)
• Examples, tutorial, articles
• Email entries and test results - useful for therapeutic collaboration