The #1 paid music player in the Google Play Store 4 years running—Poweramp is the most powerful music player available on the Android OS. Features like gapless play, an unmatched equalization system, great crossfade, and support for most popular music file format might all make Poweramp the best $3.99 you have ever spent in your life—2+ million users would agree to that.
If you have not already, try out the free full trial version. The trial version will give you 15 days of the full, uninterrupted, Poweramp experience. That means you get to experience your music like only Poweramp can offer. If you need a few reasons why to buy the full version of Poweramp, here are two good reasons:
- Get all the future updates for free: Once you purchase Poweramp, all the future updates are free to you as long as you have the Unlocker.
- Have a dedicated music player: Poweramp is dedicated to being the best music player available, and we will never change from that. Poweramp is focus on doing nothing more than being a great music player.
Follow us on Twitter (@PowerampAPP) for information about Poweramp and chances to win prizes like Google Play Gift cards, tablets, phones, and more.
Like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Poweramp.Android) to stay in the loop.
Tell your friends about us to make their music experience better, and so they can also enjoy the #PowerampLifestyle.
***Please don't try to update if you purchased Unlocker on Poweramp site, as Google Play Unlocker is not the same. Just keep your current Unlocker as is.
Poweramp F.A.Q. -
Full Version/Unlocker/Purchase Issues F.A.Q. -
This version is fully featured but will exit 30 minutes after each app start (you can start the app as many times as you want). This can be unlocked with the AirBubble License app.
- stream audio from AirPlay clients (itunes, iOS, airfoil, ...)
- run in the background as a service
- configurable network name
- can be started on boot
- supports audio focus (mute or lower volume on external sounds)
- supports tethered USB or WiFi connection (may require rooted device in some case)
- Audio only, no video
- does not play in sync with other Airplay receivers
- does not work with RaopX on MacOS X and the raop module for pulseaudio on Linux
- does not work yet on GoogleTV
Examples of use:
- stream your itunes music to your Android device with Hyperfine Remote for iTunes
- wireless speaker or headset
- recycle older or broken Android devices as a dedicated networked speaker
This App makes your Android device a wireless speaker.
How it works:
Download Windows or Linux executables on your machine depending on the OS
Run WiFi Audio Android App and Press start, you will see IP address of mobile device in the bottom
after that run Windows/Linux application and put mobile device's IP address in the IP address field and then press start on PC application. Now all audio coming out from PC will be send to mobile device and you will hear audio on mobile device.
Links to download PC's Application:
Windows XP with Wave Mix/Stereo MIx
Windows Vista or above
Linux PC with Pulse Audio
"Spotify remoteless is the worlds greatest invention!" -JosephRS on twitter (august 2011)
"Wow! The new update to 2.0 makes this app almost perfect! You guys rule. I say almost because I still get the random "remoteless has stopped working" message. Fix that and you win!" - Zeke Duarte, google play store
"Muuuuch better! This app used to be a POS to say the least but with this newest update, a new UI, support for stared playlist, and way better performance. This app is all that it needs to be." - Adam Isa, google play store
"Finally a full functioning version for android Was very disappointed with last version but so far this version rocks. Am so thrilled that I can finally search and queue songs and interact with desktop features from my phone" - Chris Peters, google play store
"I give Remoteless for Spotify a rating of 10 out 10 stars" -LarryABall on twitter (august 2013)
"Spotify premium on surround sound + remoteless app is the best thing I've done for myself in years" -rivercityriot on twitter (juni 2013)
"The new 2.0 version of Remoteless (a Remote app for desktop Spotify) looks like a huge improvement." -ironicsans on twitter (december 2012)
Control Spotify from your couch or any room in the house by
turning your Android into a remote control for Spotify.
Great for parties, lazy days or if you have a media center tucked away in a closet.
Control any Mac (OS 10.6 or newer) or Windows PC on the same wifi as your Android.
It's not possible to remote control another iOS device, and Remoteless will not play any audio.
Each computer needs to have a HELPER installed. The HELPER can be downloaded from www.remoteless.no.
Fully functional as a remote for Spotify Free users, but now with tons of extra features for Spotify Premium users.
Some of the things you can do with Remoteless in addition to the normal stuff like start, stop, volume, next, shuffle etc. is:
* Store favorite artists, albums and tracks.
* Start a radio station from any playlist, artist, album, or track.
* Queue any track, or queue all tracks from a playlist or album.
* Search the Spotify library
* Share what you are listening to through twitter, sms or e-mail.
Spotify Premium users can also:
* Browse and start playlists (no longer fully working for Spotify free users).
* Browse starred tracks.
* Star and unstar tracks.
* Show coverart in lists while browsing.
Remoteless will also remote control Airfoil on your computer.
Remoteless only works if you have Spotify installed on a computer. Spotify can be downloaded from www.spotify.com and is only available in some regions.
Existing users are required to update their helpers to version 2.1.1 or newer.
REMOTELESS is not affiliated with Spotify and SPOTIFY is the registered trademark of Spotify Group.
• DLNA TVs and music receivers from popular TV and HiFi brands
• gaming consoles
• local Android playback
BubbleUPnP can access your media from a lot of sources, including:
• UPnP/DLNA media servers
• local media stored on your Android device
• popular cloud media storage providers
• media from other apps using Share/Send such as: web browsers, file managers...
• ...and more!
BubbleUPnP is a versatile app packed with many features for you to discover, some of which are:
• extensive Chromecast support: play incompatible Chromecast media with transcoding(*): MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, WTV, RMVB, TS, FLAC, WMA, ..., subtitles with custom appearance, audio/video track selection (*)
• fast and secure Internet access to your home media while on the go, from mobile and WiFi networks (*)
• playback queue, editable playlists, scrobbling, sleep timer, various shuffle modes
• integrated full screen image viewer and controller
• play media to your Android device from other devices (renderer functionality)
• access all local and cloud media from other devices (media server functionality)
• media download to your SD Card
• ...and much more!
(*) Some features are provided by BubbleUPnP Server, an optional software that can be installed on any machine on your local network to provide
additional services. To learn more about BubbleUPnP Server, visit http://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver.
Some features are restricted and can be unlocked by purchasing the BubbleUPnP License app.
Neutron features a sophisticated UI with advanced controls for music playback along with high quality implementation of Parametric EQ, Surround, Crossfeed and other digital sound effects. It can play music from almost any source including network devices with SMB/CIFS or UPnP/DLNA® support.
Neutron is developed for audiophiles and those who really in love with music. Consider using Hi-Fi/Hi-End audio hardware for best results.
Get used to Neutron and have full control over your media library and sound!
* 32/64-bit audio processing (high quality HD audio).
* OS independent decoding and audio processing.
* Audio formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF, MPG/MPEG (audio), AVI (audio), iTunes/Windows Media (non DRM), OPUS.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
* CUE Sheet (.CUE files, metadata).
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
* Streaming audio (plays Internet Radio streams, supports metadata).
* Use Network device (NAS, PC, ...) with SMB/CIFS as music source.
* Use FTP server as music source.
* Use UPnP/DLNA® compatible device as music source.
* Output audio to UPnP/DLNA® compatible devices at up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution.
* 32-bit output on Android 5.0+.
* Parametric equalizer DSP (4 bands).
* Surround sound DSP (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.).
* Crossfeed DSP (for better stereo in headphones).
* Rumble Filter DSP (speaker overloading protection).
* Dithering DSP (minimize quantization).
* Pitch and Tempo DSP (playback speed and pitch correction).
* Normalization (best Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects).
* Replay Gain.
* Gapless playback.
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
* Phase inversion.
* High quality real-time resampling (when required): quality, audiophile.
* Mixing to Mono.
* Playback modes: shuffle, looped, single track, queue.
* Playlist management.
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, genre, year, rating, folder.
* Artist grouping by 'Album Artist' category.
* Folder mode.
* Unicode metadata support.
* Real-time multiband spectrum analyzer UI.
* Real-time RMS UI.
* Clock mode.
* Sleep timer.
* Wake timer.
* Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Français, English, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية, Türk.
* Optimized for: ARMv7 + VFP, ARMv7 + NEON, x86 + SSE2.
NEON VERSION (>25% faster):
Try evaluation version before buying (5 days): http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mpeval
Neutron is under active development. Technical support e-mail: email@example.com. Forum: http://neutronmp.com/forum.
Please report bugs by e-mail or through the forum. Your patience, help and participation are highly appreciated!
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to work with database in /Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp folder.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: to control playback when phone state changes.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: to generate unique hardware/account key for the Neutron's license server (obtained information is deleted from the server completely after 1 month).
- INTERNET: to support audio streaming over the Internet.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: to support ringtone change from Neutron.
* DLNA® is trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
Main tools are:
+Visualize real-time recording sound wave form and display dBFS (Decibel Full Scale) meter.
+View the real-time (FFT) frequencies of the recording sound. Show the main (dominant) frequency.
+Real-time audio / recorded spectrum analyzer. Measure the magnitude of an input signal versus frequency within the full frequency range of the instrument. Display frequency (Fourier) bins (buckets). In the settings one can change the number of requency bins to display.
+Real-time instrument tuner; calibrate your guitar, violin, piano, and other instruments. Display the current recorded frequency in Hz and the note closest to this recorded frequency.
+Play a 440 Hz A tone / note to tune your instruments.
+Measure in real-time the Sound Pressure Level (SPL) on your Android. SPL is in dB(A). This Decibel measurement is A-weighted and thus adjusted for human ears.
+A metronome which produces regular (latency free), metrical ticks (beats, clicks). The Beats Per Minute are from 1 up to 250 BPM.
+ Change the sampling rates.
+ Change the number of spectrum bars.
+ Change Linear or Db (log) scale.
+ Change the FFT Windowing function.
+ All graphics are drawn in real-time (normalized) with no delays!
+ Help in 4 languages; English (GB/US), Dutch (NL), French (F) and German (D)
AudioStreamer is a complete music player and management
application for your Android device.
Some of the features include:
- Support for a wide range of audio and playlist file types
- Stream your network music over Wi-Fi (LAN or WAN (with map network drive)). Audio Streamer will automatically find your shared LAN locations
- Remote control your playback via your web browser
- Listen to a wide range of online radio stations and record them (songs are tagged and added to the playback folder)
- Turn your TV into a jukebox by connecting your device via's it's HDMI cable (HDMI-Out, HDMI cable and HDMI-in on the TV is needed)
- Create & play playlists
- Real-time text and voice search - Type or say an artist or song and Audio Streamer will build a playlist for you while you listen
- Multiple player skin support - create your own skins too
- Your Picks - add songs, playlists, radio stations for easy access
- Plays podcasts
- File management - copy, move, rename
AudioStreamer is left open to you to customize the look and organisation of your music.
Please see http://linkry.com/AudioStreamer for all the latest on Audio Streamer
- sound indication when routing is switched on
- restores sound volume after switching off the routing
- indication when routing is on in status bar
- restores bluetooth routing after phone call
This is version with advertising - if this application works well for you and you would like to support the development new versions of this application consider downloading Mono Bluetooth Router Pro. Thank you!
Supports Android 2.2 and higher.
Make sure your bluetooth headset is switched on before start the application.
On android 4.0 please make sure you switch on routing before sound started to play.
- Sound quality is not perfect. Unfortunately I still not found a way to deliver high quality of sound, though I am constantly looking for way to make it better. Still hope that low quality is better then no Bluetooth sound at all.
- Not all models supported;
- On some issues of Samsung Galaxy S2 - the native music player is not working - please use third party MP3 music player;
- On some issues of Samsung Galaxy S3 - the sound from microphone also routing through the headset so you hear all noises around that makes program useless;
- Sometimes the program is being killed by Android so music goes trough loudspeakers on full volume;
I still looking for ways to fix these issue, sorry for inconvenience, hoping to find workarounds for these issues.
I welcome any feedbacks from you. Both positive or negative feedbacks are helping me make this application better! Thank you so much!
Just enter the Jukebox's credentials and your hooked right in and able to see the currently playing songs as well as add new songs. Learn how in our Grooveshark Jukebox How To.
If you don't yet have the Grooveshark JukeBox, download it here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/grooveshark-jukebox/bjgmfagolojoigoigjcadgnpcbnlcofa
PlayerPro features a beautiful, fast and intuitive interface, alongside powerful audio configuration options. In addition, there is a choice of several FREE plugins to complement it: skins, DSP Pack, Widget Pack ...
Note: the Pro version is standalone. Please uninstall the trial version after purchase.
* Browse and play your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, playlists, folders, and album artists.
* Video browser/player.
* Liven up your music library with album artwork, artist pictures, and genre illustrations that you can select from a variety of sources: ID3 tags (embedded artwork), SD card folders, Gallery app, and Internet.
* Change the user interface of the Player by installing one of the many available SKINS (temporarily unavailable).
* Customize the layout, choosing between GRID or LIST views.
* View the LYRICS embedded in the ID3 tags of your music files.
* Single and group TAG EDITING: title, album, artist, album artist, track, year, genre, comment.
* Mixable AUDIO EFFECTS for Android >2.3 devices: 5 band graphic EQUALIZER with default/customizable presets, STEREO WIDENING effect, REVERB effects (large hall, medium hall, plate, small room, medium room, large room), BASS BOOST effect, volume control.
* FREE additional DSP PLUGIN: 10 band graphic EQUALIZER with 15 default/customizable presets, PRE-AMP control, BASS BOOST control, STEREO WIDENING control, left-right volume control. GAPLESS playback. Auto/Manual CROSSFADE. REPLAY GAIN. Audio Limiter. Go to Settings > Audio and select "Download DSP pack" option to install the free plugin.
* Music stats and SMART PLAYLISTS: Recently added, Top rated, Most played, Recently played, Least played. Build additional custom playlists using the SMART PLAYLIST EDITOR and the many different criteria it offers: album, artist, genre, title, play/skip count, last played/added, rating, is a podcast, duration, year, file path etc. All smart playlists are AUTO-UPDATED.
* Import and export music history and ratings from your favorite desktop music player.
* Music folder selection.
* Choice of 2 LOCK SCREEN widgets with many customization options: unlock slider, sound toggler, skip tracks using volume buttons, swipe gestures, background selection, controls selection, time display, skin selection ...
* Choice of 5 different home screen WIDGETS (4x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 4x2). All widgets are customizable and skinnable: 6 different SKINS available, option to display artist picture instead of album artwork, option to display ratings, shuffle/repeat controls etc.
* NOTIFICATION STATUS support: display album artwork, title, album and artist, play/pause, skip forward and stop CONTROLS (ICS only) in notification status.
* Supports most popular SCROBBLERS.
* SLEEP TIMER with fade out.
* SHARE text notifications, album/artist artwork on your favorite social networks.
* HEADSET support. Customize long press and double/triple press actions.
* Library wide SEARCH. VOICE search support.
* SWIPE gestures (player: swipe album art to skip songs, browsers: swipe left to play next, swipe right to play last).
* SHAKE IT feature: give your phone a shake to play next/previous song (e.g.: shake top to bottom or bottom to top to play next/previous song).
... and many other features to discover!
To use the app follow these steps in the exact order:
1. Run the transmitter app on your windows laptop that has WiFi
2. Then connect your TV's headphone jack, or any other device with a headphone jack to the microphone jack of your laptop.
3. Then start this app on your smartphone and listen to the audio coming out of TV or your audio device.
4. Press the circle with a rectangle with it to start listening.
5. If you want stop or pause listening you can press circle with two vertical line.
6. To quite the app press the circle with an arrow at the bottom of the screen.
The delay of the audio relative to video is minimal and negligible. One of the main advantages of this app, is its simplicity. It is just a plug and play app so you do not need to find the server IP address, or change an audio buffer size. Everything is done automatically and in a smart way. If you have any questions or comments we would love to hear from you.
If it’s a beat on the step sequencer, a melody on the piano roll or a full song on the playlist, FL Studio Mobile has you covered. Never lose that idea again. Get it down and happening wherever you are.
• 133 high quality instruments, drum kits & sliced-loop beats
• All instruments have FL Studio desktop equivalents for FL Studio desktop import and extension
• Step sequencer for fast percussion programming and sliced-loop reworking
• Configurable virtual piano-keyboard
• Drum pads: Configurable number of pads
• Audio tracks: audio recording (with monitoring), wav/m4a import
• Wave editor: cut, trim, normalize, reverse, insert silence, fade in/out (3 curves)
• Browser with preview button and logical sorting into Instruments, Synths, Drum kits & Loops
• Pan, volume, release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Pitch bend via accelerometer
• High quality, battery-friendly audio engine (latency depends on the device)
• Drum loops and sliced loops ready to start your project with a cool beat
• Effects include Limiter, Reverb, Delay, EQ, Amp & Filter to enhance your mix
• 99 track sequencer and intuitive editing options
• Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
• Edit at the level of tracks, bars or down to individual notes
• Piano roll editor for manual entry of note & chord sequence data or detailed editing of recorded performances
• Undo and redo for all editable screens
• Metronome with tempo & time-signature settings
• Intuitive positioning of screens with the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Save and load your songs, export to WAV and AAC
• MIDI file import/export
• Share your songs via Email or Dropbox
• In-app user manual
• Android 2.3.3 required
• Works with all screen resolutions, optimized for 1280x800, 800x480, 960x640 and 480x320 screens.
Visit www.flstudiomobile.com for video tutorials, demos and access to the FL Studio Mobile community. For sales support email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TROUBLE-SHOOTING INSTALLATION ISSUES
Please visit this link for step-by-step troubleshooting options
NOTE: A custom ROM, a rooted Android OS (with privileged apps installed) and antivirus software can cause significant performance issues.
* "FL Studio" desktop PC version (sold separately) is installed, on average, over 30,000 times each DAY making it one of the world's most popular and exciting music production systems. Everything you need in one package to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master professional quality music, the perfect studio partner for FL Studio Mobile. You can download the demo version of the FL Studio Desktop PC version and enhance your FL Studio Mobile projects for free then save to .mp3, .wav, .ogg or .mid format.
By installing this:
* you show your appreciation for SpotController.
* ads are removed from SpotController.
IMPORTANT: Install SpotController first.
NOTE: If you uninstall this program, ads will come back in SpotController.
Link to SpotController: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cewan.spot
tags: Spotify, Remote, Spotimote, Unified
ROOT access is required. Without it, AllStream can not capture the audio. Please see http://www.androidcentral.com/root for an explanation of root.
Stream all your music or other audio to a huge number of devices, including AirPort Express, Apple TV, XBox 360, PS3, XBMC, Samsung Smart TV. Chromecast.
Unlike other music streamers, still use your favourite audio player, be it DoubleTwist, Spotify, Rdio, Google Play Music, TuneIn etc and still play your music to your AirPlay or other smart devices!
- Support for AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA (UPnP) devices.
- Highly optimised audio engine ensures excellent sound quality and minimises dropped audio and gaps in playback.
- Automation support via a Tasker / Locale plugin - automate the streaming of your music!
- Support for password and OTP protected devices.
- Simple elegant intuitive interface.
- Display playing track information and album art on your AirPlay device
AllStream is initially in Trial mode. It will stop streaming and disconnect from your AirPlay devices after a period and give the option to purchase an upgrade for ~5 euro (depending on your country). With the upgrade AllStream will stream without stopping.
Hints / Tips:
If the AirPlay audio quality is not as you would expect, please disable any audio enhancement feature for your device e.g. for HTC One please disable Beats Audio, and for Sony Xperia Z, XLoud.
If you experience audio dropouts, please disable WiFi Optimisation (Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced (in the menu) -> Untick Wi-Fi optimisation) and ensure your WiFi is set to a channel which is free of interference (http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html).
If your Samsung Galaxy device is said to be incompatible, please ensure you have removed Samsung KNOX - See: https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/5ggu7naWtaW
AllStream is compatible with the majority of Android ICS and Jelly Bean devices (v4.0.3+). If it does not work correctly on your device, please email at email@example.com and I will do my best to get it working for you.
- A remote speaker or wireless headphones
- A way to listen to music and movies from your computer anywhere in your house or out on your deck.
- A wireless extension of live audio from your PC-based music system
This is not just another file streaming app... you can use any music player on your PC or laptop like Grooveshark, Spotify, YouTube, or iTunes and feed the live sound directly to your Android device. SoundWire lets you listen to the free versions of Grooveshark and Spotify on your phone.
SoundWire has low latency (audio delay), which means it can even be used to listen to the soundtrack of a movie or YouTube video while you watch (**Note you must adjust the buffer size in app settings for low latency). There are other uses too... SoundWire can work as a baby monitor or listening device with a computer such as a netbook that has a built-in microphone. Hook up turntables to your computer's line input and stream a live DJ set to another part of the house over WiFi, or anywhere else over 3G/4G.
Before using SoundWire on your Android device you must install and run the SoundWire Server application on the Windows/Linux PC or laptop which is your source of music, web audio streaming, or other sounds. Raspberry Pi is also supported. Download the server at http://georgielabs.net (do NOT obtain the server from any other web site).
- Live audio capture and streaming
- Excellent sound quality (44.1 / 48 kHz stereo 16-bit, PCM or Opus compression)
- True low latency (unlike AirPlay, Airfoil)
- Easy to use
- Compression option greatly reduces network usage
- Stream music from PC to PC running x86 virtualized app (Linux/Windows)
- Runs on all Android versions back to 1.5, put your old phone to good use
For more information see the user's guide at http://georgielabs.net/SoundWireHelp.html
If you have any problems please see the troubleshooting tips at the above link. For example if you get choppy audio try restarting your wireless router, then try the other troubleshooting suggestions in the guide. The most common reason for connection problems is incorrect firewall settings at the PC or router. Please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problem.
The free version of the application identifies itself by voice every 45 minutes and displays ads. There is a 10 minute compression trial in the free version. The full version enables unlimited Opus audio compression, can handle multiple clients (up to 10 connections), and has no ads or voice identification. It also has a special Pro Mode to set and display buffer latency precisely in milliseconds. Please consider purchasing the full version of SoundWire if you'd like to support the developer.
You may want to use a remote control app together with SoundWire. Some good choices include: Grooveshark Remote, Spotimote (Spotify remote), Remote for iTunes, Android VNC, Unified Remote.
Please rate the app and comment on Google Play to let us know what you think of SoundWire. If you have a question or bug report send email to email@example.com. If reporting a problem please give your phone's Android version and make/model.
- Network communication: Communicates with the server program on your PC.
- Phone calls: Mutes audio when you receive or make a call. Without this permission music would continue to play, interfering with your call.
- Prevent phone from sleeping: Keeps app running while connected (playing music) or attempting to connect. May be disabled in settings.
All segmented meters feature classic digital styling and a high-resolution first meter segment. In addition, specialty spectrum analyzer and waveform displays give you unique new ways to visualize your music. Premium spectrum and waveform displays are free for a 7 day trial period (VU level meters are always free).
To find the visualizer widgets go into your apps list “Widgets” section and look for “Music VU”. On KitKat (or very old Android versions) long-press an empty part of your home screen. To make visualizers big, resize in both directions -- widgets maintain their shape (aspect ratio).
Note: This is an advanced widget app which uses special techniques to update quickly. Due to limitations in the way Android widgets work you should have a fairly fast phone or tablet for good performance. You may still notice occasional irregular updates. Avoid using more than 5 or 6 visualizer widgets at the same time. To minimize CPU and battery usage Music VU is not active unless your screen is on and music is playing.
If you have any problems, for example your combination of Android device and music player doesn't work, please email support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll try to help resolve your problem. Note: There's a bug in some Galaxy S4 models (but not others) which breaks visualizers, including Music VU. Please email support if you have trouble on S4. Also visualizers may not work with some music players on newer phones with KitKat like like Nexus 5 due to bugs in the OS, we are hard at work on possible workarounds so stay tuned. For now a different player may work, like Google Play Music or doubleTwist player.
For more information including descriptions of each meter/visualizer and app preferences see the Music VU help page: http://georgielabs.net/MusicVUHelp.html
Please rate the app and submit comments on Google Play to let us know what you think of Music VU. If you have a question or bug report send email to email@example.com (include your phone model, music player, and Android version).
Music VU Integration Info for Developers
Music VU shows accurate stereo levels when used with supported music players like the SoundWire audio streaming app. If you’re an Android music app developer and would like to have your app send stereo meter data to Music VU only a few lines of code are needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive implementation details.
Leave comments with your Pi calculation time on the AGM+FFT formula for 1 million digits. Also the most digits you can calculate, which tests your phone's memory. The author's Huawei Ascend P1 takes 25 sec for 1 million and can do at most 33 million digits. Note that the AGM+FFT algorithm works in powers of 2, so calculating 10 million digits takes just as much time and memory as 16 million digits (the internal precision is shown in the output). On multi-core processors RealPi tests the performance of a single core. For accurate benchmark timing ensure that no other applications are running and your phone is not hot enough to throttle the CPU.
You can also run RealPi Benchmark on a Windows or Linux PC using virtualization, see http://georgielabs.net/RealPi-x86.html
Use this to find patterns in Pi like your birthday. For best results calculate at least one million digits using the AGM + FFT formula, then select the "Search for Patterns" menu option.
Here's a summary of the available algorithms:
-AGM + FFT formula (Arithmetic Geometric Mean): This is one of the fastest available methods to calculate Pi, and is the default formula used by RealPi when you press "Start". It runs as native C++ code and is based on Takuya Ooura's pi_fftc6 program. For many millions of digits it can require a lot of memory, which often becomes the limiting factor in how many digits you can calculate.
-Machin's formula: This formula was discovered by John Machin in 1706. It's not nearly as fast as AGM + FFT, but shows you all the digits of Pi accumulating in real time as the calculation proceeds. Choose this formula in the settings menu and then press "Start". It's written in Java using the BigDecimal class. You should probably not ask it to compute much more than 10000 digits.
-Nth digit of Pi formula by Gourdon: This formula shows that it's possible (surprisingly) to calculate decimal digits of Pi "in the middle" without calculating the preceding digits, and needs very little memory. When you press the "Nth Digit" button RealPi determines 9 digits of Pi ending with the digit position you specify. It runs as native C++ code and is based on Xavier Gourdon's pidec program. Although it's faster than Machin's formula it can't beat the AGM + FFT formula in speed.
-Nth digit of Pi formula by Bellard: Gourdon's algorithm for the Nth digit of Pi can't be used for the first 50 digits, so this formula by Fabrice Bellard is used instead if digits < 50.
If you enable the "Calculate when in sleep" option RealPi will keep calculating while your screen is off, useful when calculating many digits of Pi. While not calculating or after the calculation finishes your device will go into deep sleep as usual.
This app can drain your battery quickly when doing a long calculation, especially if the "Calculate when in sleep" option is on.
Calculation speed depends on your device's CPU speed and memory. At very large numbers of digits RealPi may terminate unexpectedly or not produce an answer. It could also take a very long time to run (years). This is due to the large amount of memory and/or CPU time needed. The upper limit on the number of digits you can calculate depends on your Android device.
Changes to the "Calculate when in sleep" option take effect for the next Pi calculation, not in the middle of a calculation.