With Spotify, you have access to a world of music. You can listen to artists and albums, or create your own playlist of your favorite songs. Want to discover new music? Choose a ready-made playlist that suits your mood or get personalized recommendations.
Listen for free on mobile
• Play any artist, album, or playlist on shuffle mode
Listen for free on tablet
• Play any song, any time
Spotify Premium features
• Play any song, any time on any device--mobile, tablet, or your computer
• Download music for offline listening.
• Enjoy amazing sound quality.
• No ads – just uninterrupted music.
• No commitment - cancel any time you like.
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/spotify
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/spotify
This App makes your Android device a wireless speaker.
How it works:
Download Windows or Linux executables on your machine depending on the OS
Run WiFi Audio Android App and Press start, you will see IP address of mobile device in the bottom
after that run Windows/Linux application and put mobile device's IP address in the IP address field and then press start on PC application. Now all audio coming out from PC will be send to mobile device and you will hear audio on mobile device.
Links to download PC's Application:
Windows XP with Wave Mix/Stereo MIx
Windows Vista or above
Linux PC with Pulse Audio
To use the app follow these steps in the exact order:
1. Run the transmitter app on your windows laptop that has WiFi
2. Then connect your TV's headphone jack, or any other device with a headphone jack to the microphone jack of your laptop.
3. Then start this app on your smartphone and listen to the audio coming out of TV or your audio device.
4. Press the circle with a rectangle with it to start listening.
5. If you want stop or pause listening you can press circle with two vertical line.
6. To quite the app press the circle with an arrow at the bottom of the screen.
The delay of the audio relative to video is minimal and negligible. One of the main advantages of this app, is its simplicity. It is just a plug and play app so you do not need to find the server IP address, or change an audio buffer size. Everything is done automatically and in a smart way. If you have any questions or comments we would love to hear from you.
You'll be able to send audio from any audio app, like iTunes, Rdio, or Spotify, as well as web-based sources like Pandora and more. Hear your audio anywhere around the house!
Just connect your device to your local Wifi network, then open up Airfoil on your Mac or Windows machine, and start transmitting to your Android phone, player, or tablet.
Get Airfoil right from our site:
Airfoil Speakers for Android: Another fine Rogue Amoeba product
Follow us on twitter @PowerampAPP to get instant updates on app development progress, feature spotlight, theme sharing, take part in giveaways and even chances for free copies of Poweramp.
Please check Common Questions/Answers below in the description.
- plays mp3, mp4/m4a (incl. alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff (* some wma pro files may require NEON support)
- 10 band optimized graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets, custom presets
- separate powerful Bass and Treble adjustment
- stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance
- replay gain
- plays songs from folders and from own library
- dynamic queue
- lyrics support, including lyrics search via musiXmatch plugin
- embed and standalone .cue files support
- support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists
- OpenGL based cover art animation
- downloads missing album art
- custom visual themes, lot of skins available on Play
- 4 widget types with many selectable styles, advanced customization; Android 4.2 lock screen widgets
- configurable lock screen
- headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection (can be disabled in settings)
- tag editor
- fast library scan
- high level of customization via settings
This version is 15 days full featured Trial. See Related Apps for Poweramp Full Version Unlocker or use Buy option in Poweramp settings to buy Full Version.
Common Questions/Answers for Poweramp v2.x:
Q. My songs are missing from folders/library.
A. Please ensure you have all your folders with music actually checked in Poweramp Settings => Folders and Library => Music Folders.
Your original Android Library is not changed, nor any files deleted.
Poweramp library is a separate, completely independent library. When you installed Poweramp 2.0, it just got filled with the files scanned from your sd card/other flash memory, as specified in Music Folders.
Q. Volume too low. Volume changes weirdly. Other volume issues.
A. Try to disable Direct Volume Control in Poweramp Settings => Audio => Advanced Tweaks.
Poweramp 2.x uses Direct Volume Control by default on 2.3+ mid-to-high end devices. On stock ROMs this produces much better audio output. But many custom/buggy ROMs, while supporting DVC, can fail with it.
Full Feature List at http://soundabout.userboard.net/t561-feature-list
(Some outputs are enabled for the PRO VERSION only)
Route the media audio to (Built-In speaker, Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Earpiece, Aux Digital(HDMI), Bluetooth(A2DP), Bluetooth(mono), Bluetooth(mono)(dynamic), Dock(Analog), Dock(Digital)).
Route the phone call audio to (Built in Earpiece, External speaker, Bluetooth (mono), Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Dock (Analog), Dock (Digital)
Phone call audio to Bluetoth A2DP(media) NOT allowed in Android.
Announce Callers Names (Caller ID) when they call (needs contact list)
Turn Notifications and Ringtones on and off depending on the audio output being used.
Send Text-To-Speech audio to various outputs with/without delays:
Wired Headset detection - ALLOW or IGNORE the headphone/headset plug in/out detection.
Wired Headset microphone - DETECT or IGNORE that a headset has a microphone when plugged in.
Send audio to Bluetooth headsets and your car's Bluetooth connection.
Wherever you are. Whatever you’re doing. The SoundCloud app lets you hear more.
More hip hop. More rock. More electronic. More classical. More house, jazz, audiobooks, sports…
- Explore Trending Music and Trending Audio feeds
- Search directly for tracks, artists and other users
- Follow friends and artists to hear what they share
- Browse tracks by genre
- Listen to your stream wherever you are using WiFi or data
- Play, pause and skip tracks from the lockscreen
- Login or register with Facebook and Google+
- Record sounds. Share them on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr
- Geotag recordings with location information
- Listen to playlists, or create your own and share them with your followers
It’s easy to dive straight in and start discovering music & audio.
Try the Explore section to find trending music & audio of just about every genre you can think of.
As you explore, tap the heart to ‘like’ and save your favorites for later playback.
The Search page lets you find your favorite tracks, and artists. Follow their profiles so you can listen to the new music they post in your Stream.
Find out more on http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/topics/110297-mobile-apps/articles
PRAISE FOR SOUNDCLOUD
“SoundCloud is focused on building out a massive trove of content, weaving it all into the Web and making it easier to share. The “YouTube for audio” analogy looks increasingly apt, especially if its metrics continue to shoot skyward.” - ReadWrite
“SoundCloud is a sharing machine. Remember the early days of audio online — when you had to download the Real Player or Windows Media Player to listen? The days of downloading before listening are over.” - USA Today
“It's an evolution of audio's most vital self-service creation and discovery platform, music's best analogue to Twitter, YouTube, and Kindle Direct Publishing. It's not just finding or sharing songs or podcasts or spoken-word readings your friends may be listening to — it's finding and sharing the people who make those recordings, too.” - The Verge
Like what you hear? Let us know, and share your discoveries with the world.
SoundCloud Blog: http://blog.soundcloud.com
The more you tell us, the better SoundCloud gets.
Your privacy is really important to us. We only ask for the permissions we need for the app to be at its best.
For more information, read http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1575188-what-permissions-are-required-to-download-the-app
If you have any more questions get in touch with us - see the help section.
This app is available in English, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese
Millions of tracks are waiting. Your favourite artists too. Listen without limits.
Combining expert knowledge from the Deezer Editors with our smart algorithms for PERSONALISED RECOMMENDATIONS, which means non-stop you music you'll love.
Deezer in FREE mode:
- Listen to FLOW and discover new favourites
- Enjoy thousands of RADIO CHANNELS without limits
- Check out PLAYLIST RADIOS based on your taste
- Search for an artist and play their radio channel
- Create as many playlists as you like
- New! Get the lyrics to your favorite songs.
Yep, you heard right. It's all for FREE!
--- 15 days Premium+ FREE TRIAL ---
By downloading the Deezer app, you get 15 days of Premium+ free of charge.
- No ads
- Enhanced audio quality (320 kbps)
- Sync your tracks to listen offline
- Skip as many radio tracks as you llke.
Subscribe to Premium+ to enjoy these additional benefits!
Nominated for Best Music Service Provider at the 2013 ME Awards.
Once you Shazam music, you can easily:
• Preview and buy tracks on Amazon or Google Play
• Sing along to the beat with real time lyrics
• Share your discoveries on any social network
• Watch music videos on YouTube
• Share your discoveries on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Google+ and Pinterest
• Listen to full tracks with Rdio, Spotify or Deezer
• Connect to Rdio to create a playlist of your Shazamed tracks, or add tracks to any Rdio playlist
• See song recommendations from others like you
You can also use Shazam with TV:
• Shazam your favorite TV shows for the cast, soundtracks, and more
• Shazam ads to watch again, share with friends, or get special offers
Want even more?
• Go to shazam.com/myshazam to see your entire Shazam history; sign in to Facebook to get started
• Check out News to discover great new videos, updates and more, from artists and TV shows
you’ve Shazamed; plus see what your friends are Shazaming
• Explore shows you what’s trending around the world and zoom in for local chart knowledge
• Book concert tickets for artists you’ve Shazamed
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited. Don’t want the advertising – upgrade to Shazam Encore
Lyrics and LyricPlay™ available: US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU, NZ
MIPS devices are not supported
Why does Shazam need these app permissions? https://support.shazam.com/entries/29632198
* MILLION installs in first month on the Google Play. Check out why.
Music Volume EQ is a volume slider with live music stereo led VU meter and five band Equalizer with Bass Boost and Virtualizer effects.
Improve sound quality on your Android™ device and get live audio readings of your current music volume level.
Use with headphones for best results.
* Media volume control
* Five band equalizer
* Bass boost effect
* Virtualizer effect
* 9 equalizer presets
* Save custom presets
* Stereo led VU meter
* Home screen widget
* Lock media volume
Works with most music and video players.
Installation and usage:
* Add Music Volume EQ widget on home screen.
* Put headphones
* Turn on the music player and play your music
* Press Music Volume EQ widget and adjust sound level and frequency.
* To save custom preset press Save Preset on list and type preset name. To delete preset, long press preset name and delete.
* To close application and remove from Status Bar long press application power button.
We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of this application.
Please feel free to send us your feedback.
* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
With Beats Music, you have unlimited, ad-free access to over 20 million songs from every genre. Listen anytime on demand or download to listen offline.
When you’re not sure what to play, let our in-house curators guide you. Here are just a few features that’ll make it easy for you:
JUST FOR YOU
Your first stop for music that’s right for you, based on your personal taste. A mix of albums and playlists that have been handpicked by our music experts are always ready and waiting just for you.
Make your mix. Let The Sentence know how you’re feeling, what you’re doing and who you’re with and we’ll play an continuous mix of tracks based on your selections.
Discover what’s happening in the world through music. Quick access to what’s worth checking out, even if it’s not on your radar.
Take a deeper dive into music discovery here, where you can explore different genres, activities and curators. When you’re not quite sure what to listen to, reach for the perfect playlist here.
Let your friends know what you’re streaming by sharing your favorite tracks, albums and playlists with your friends via Beats Music, Facebook and Twitter.
There’s tons more waiting for you. Just open the app and hit play.
Download the app and sign up for Beats Music to start your free (no strings attached) 14 day trial. It’s on the house! When you're ready to lock it in, subscribe to Beats Music for $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year, which will renew automatically. For now, Beats Music is only available in the US.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Download ‘App of the Day’, and every day get the paid version of apps for free!
Now available in your country : App of the Day
DJStudio is a free, robust and powerful party-proof virtual turntable for DJs which enables you to mix, remix, scratch, loop or pitch your music in the palm of your hands.
Designed to be user friendly, social and responsive, you now have the keys to mix your music and rule the party.
☆ Voted as app of the week by IKMultimedia ☆
DJ Studio respects you:
★ Full app for FREE, no hidden cost.
★ No registration fee.
★ No limitation, no watermark.
★ No trackers.
★ No stealing data.
★ No popups everywhere, everyday.
★ No premium, platinum only features.
★ Freely removable ads.
★ Only optional paid skins to support our work.
★ Wide compatibility : Android 2.3 and more
★ 2 virtual turntables with cross fader
★ Customize your decks with up to 7 skins!
★ Unique scratch engine and disc physics
★ Access and browse your mp3 music library by folder, artist, album, name
★ Edit and re-order playlist
★ 8 sound effects: Flanger, Phaser, Gate, Reverb, Bit crusher, 3D, Brake and FlippingDouble
★ 3-bands equalizer for each deck
★ 10 customizable sample pads
★ One CUE/RECALL point per deck
★ IN/OUT and beat based loops
★ Pre-Cueing with headphones or Y-cable
★ Automatic landscape and portrait mode
★ Live record your mixes with the built-in recorder
★ Auto-mix feature (random & playlist modes)
★ Share your mixes on the SoundCloud social network
★ Live sound spectrum view with beats detection and zoom
★ Use your wave and mp3 music library
★ Designed for Nexus devices
★ Share with friends on social networks with Facebook, Tweeter or Google+
★ Compatible with iRigMIX™ from IK Multimedia*
★ Screen compatibility from 3.7" to 10" and HD screens
★ Wide OS compatibility : since OS 2.3
★ Min 1 core 800Mhz, recommended 2 cores
★ 2 cores required for scratch option
★ 1 GB RAM recommended
★ Multi-touch since 3.0
DJStudio is an advanced DJ application suitable for everybody whether you are a novice or a pro. You can use it as a standard free music player, to play your mp3 files.
If you like the app, please leave us a review!
If you have issues with this software or if you have some questions don't hesitate to write us an email.
* Sold separately, iRigMix is a product of IK Multimedia (http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigmix/)
"Spotify remoteless is the worlds greatest invention!" -JosephRS on twitter (august 2011)
"Wow! The new update to 2.0 makes this app almost perfect! You guys rule. I say almost because I still get the random "remoteless has stopped working" message. Fix that and you win!" - Zeke Duarte, google play store
"Muuuuch better! This app used to be a POS to say the least but with this newest update, a new UI, support for stared playlist, and way better performance. This app is all that it needs to be." - Adam Isa, google play store
"Finally a full functioning version for android Was very disappointed with last version but so far this version rocks. Am so thrilled that I can finally search and queue songs and interact with desktop features from my phone" - Chris Peters, google play store
"I give Remoteless for Spotify a rating of 10 out 10 stars" -LarryABall on twitter (august 2013)
"Spotify premium on surround sound + remoteless app is the best thing I've done for myself in years" -rivercityriot on twitter (juni 2013)
"The new 2.0 version of Remoteless (a Remote app for desktop Spotify) looks like a huge improvement." -ironicsans on twitter (december 2012)
Control Spotify from your couch or any room in the house by
turning your Android into a remote control for Spotify.
Great for parties, lazy days or if you have a media center tucked away in a closet.
Control any Mac (OS 10.6 or newer) or Windows PC on the same wifi as your Android.
It's not possible to remote control another iOS device, and Remoteless will not play any audio.
Each computer needs to have a HELPER installed. The HELPER can be downloaded from www.remoteless.no.
Fully functional as a remote for Spotify Free users, but now with tons of extra features for Spotify Premium users.
Some of the things you can do with Remoteless in addition to the normal stuff like start, stop, volume, next, shuffle etc. is:
* Store favorite artists, albums and tracks.
* Start a radio station from any playlist, artist, album, or track.
* Queue any track, or queue all tracks from a playlist or album.
* Search the Spotify library
* Share what you are listening to through twitter, sms or e-mail.
Spotify Premium users can also:
* Browse and start playlists (no longer fully working for Spotify free users).
* Browse starred tracks.
* Star and unstar tracks.
* Show coverart in lists while browsing.
Remoteless will also remote control Airfoil on your computer.
Remoteless only works if you have Spotify installed on a computer. Spotify can be downloaded from www.spotify.com and is only available in some regions.
Existing users are required to update their helpers to version 2.1.1 or newer.
REMOTELESS is not affiliated with Spotify and SPOTIFY is the registered trademark of Spotify Group.
- More than 50 million tracks with access to SoundCloud and Deezer
- Smart Music Library with a global search (browse all music catalogues at once)
- A Curent Playlist to prepare your party sets in advance
- edjing World: Your own eDJ profile page to promote your talent to your fans!
Nothing can stop you. You're the DJ.
With edjing, users can create their own mixes and share them directly on Facebook, Twitter and Google+!
"The only multi-platform track-mixing app currently on the market" - Techcrunch.com
"After they demoed their iPad app for me at LeWeb earlier this month, I went from intrigued to impressed." RUDEBAGUETTE
“edjing is more than just a successful app, it stands out by its wide range of effects offer and its smooth usage.” Androidmag.de
‘’ABSOLUTELY INSANE! Love this app!’’ - Even Further
‘’Great app I love this app I did a friends birthday party and everyone though I had some expensive dj equipment’’ - Gregory Rudolph
“ Love it this app...100% real, entertainment and lots of fun. Experience like real DJing .. tq for making this app.” - Solomon King
- Access to your local music library to mix all your tracks
- SoundCloud: Enjoy access to SoundCloud and Mix all the music you love!
- Deezer: Mix the whole Deezer music library (for Deezer Premium Plus members): more than 30 million tracks
- Global Search tool to simplify and unify the music search experience by browsing all music at once
- Current Playlist
- edjing WORLD: access to your edjing DJ profile and boost your audience
- An unlimitted Cloud storage space to access to your mixes anywhere
- Sharing function to share your mix on Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- 2 Turntables + Cross Fader
Free DJ effects (FX): Cue point, Flanger, Loop, Echo, equalizer, Scratch
Pitch on Vinyl…
- Wide Sound Spectrum for optimum Beats localization
- BPM synchronization (sync)
- Possibility to record your mix: recording in High Definition CD quality, wave format
- "AutoMix" mode for automatic transitions between titles of your playlists
- Ability to remix mp3 files of more than 1 hour
- A store to access all the features of the app
JUST LIKE A REAL DJ WOULD:
Access and mix millions of tracks from SoundCloud and Deezer.
Realize professional-like transitions thanks to the crossfader. Match the beats manually or click on the Sync button to synchronize the bpm (beats per minute) of your tracks and achieve seamless transitions.
Add all the effects you like and keep reinventing the music you love! Scratch or add special DJ sound effects to enrich your mix and create new sounds!
Enjoy a wide range of free DJ sound effects FX: scratch, flanger, pitch, equalizer, cue point, loop, echo,…
You can also get more awesome DJ effects via our in-app Store!
Finally, record your mixes and share them with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ thanks to the "Sharing" feature. You can record up to a whole hour of mixing.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR TURNTABLES WITH SKINS:
Choose your skin and mix like a pro!
- Neon Skin for electrifying turntables and many others to discover
YOU ARE THE DJ! Play. Mix. Share
N.B: edjing has developed its own Sound System to offer you the best audio experience possible: real time sound processing enabling you to mix your music live with realistic DJ effects.
Contact us at email@example.com for any feedback!
Join the edjing community on:
- Google+ : https://plus.google.com/100711776131865357077/posts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/edjing
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/eDJingFrance
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/edjingofficial
"Best app 2014" on both App Store and Google Play
"Editor's Choice" Google Play
Enjoy your music with lyrics, in perfect sync with the music!
Use the equalizer for a better sound or improve your discography's cover arts by adding new ones.
Works as a scrobbler for almost every other music and radio player. It even supports ALAC/FLAC
★ Support to Android Wear (even scrobbling from Google Play Music and Spotify)
★ NEW: complete UI overhaul, with smooth transitions and slick animations
★ Full Spotify, Deezer, rdio, Rhapshody, Play Music support with FloatingLyrics™
★ NEW: use FloatingLyrics™ and enjoy lyrics everywhere
★ NEW: cast music and lyrics to your TV with Chromecast and LG Smart TVs
double check Spotify settings http://bit.ly/mXmSpotifysup
★ Super fast MusicID for unlimited recognition from TV and Radio
★ Search for lyrics by typing words, artist names, or song titles
★ Sing along by removing the song's vocals (Android 4.1+)
➜ Want to be a mXm beta tester ? Join us here http://bit.ly/BetamXm
➜ Help us translating Musixmatch in your language http://bit.ly/translatemXm
Problems? we hear you here http://bit.ly/mXmSupport
Please note: This is the speaker-only version of SoundSeeder and is designed for devices running Android 2.2 - 4.0.
If your device is running Android 4.1 or newer, please install the SoundSeeder Music Player application:
The SoundSeeder Speaker app receives Music that is played by a SoundSeeder Music Player.
Run the SoundSeeder Speaker on any Android device (beginning with Android 2.2) and connect it via Wi-Fi to the SoundSeeder Music Player.
• Stream and spread your music at home or on your party to multiple devices in different rooms.
• Connect your Phones via Wi-Fi Direct or Androids portable Hotspot and share your music with SoundSeeder wherever you want.
• Similar to Samsung Group Play - Share Music™
SoundSeeder requires a fast and solid WiFi connection.
To ensure the best performance check the FAQs:
If you have any questions or problems with SoundSeeder please send us a short description of your problem, the model name of the affected android device and the installed android version to
or visit us at
Follow us on
- A remote speaker or wireless headphones
- A way to listen to music and movies from your computer anywhere in your house or out on your deck.
- A wireless extension of live audio from your PC-based music system
The full version of SoundWire enables unlimited Opus audio compression, can handle up to 10 connections at the same time, and has no ads or interruptions. It also has a special Pro Mode to set and display buffer latency precisely in milliseconds. You can use any music player on your PC or laptop like Spotify, Grooveshark, YouTube, or iTunes and feed the live sound directly to your Android device. SoundWire lets you listen to the free versions of Grooveshark and Spotify on your phone.
SoundWire has low latency (audio delay), which means it can even be used to listen to the soundtrack of a movie or YouTube video while you watch (**Note you must adjust the buffer size in app settings for low latency). There are other uses too... SoundWire can work as a baby monitor or listening device with a computer such as a netbook that has a built-in microphone. Hook up turntables to your computer's line input and stream a live DJ set to another part of the house over WiFi, or anywhere else over 3G/4G.
- Live audio capture and streaming to multiple clients
- Excellent sound quality (44.1 / 48 kHz stereo 16-bit, PCM or Opus compression)
- True low latency (unlike AirPlay, Airfoil)
- Easy to use
- Compression option greatly reduces network usage
- Can work over Bluetooth by enabling tethering
- Stream music from PC to PC running x86 virtualized app (Linux/Windows)
- Save everything you hear to a file (MP3 or WAV)
Before using SoundWire on your Android device you must install and run the SoundWire Server application on the Windows/Linux PC or laptop which is your source of music, web audio streaming, or other sounds. Raspberry Pi is also supported. Download the server at http://georgielabs.net
For more information see the getting started guide at http://georgielabs.net/SoundWireHelp.html
If you have any problems please see the troubleshooting tips at the above link. For example if you get choppy audio try restarting your wireless router, then try the other troubleshooting suggestions in the guide. If you get a message saying the app is not licensed and this message is incorrect then please check your internet connection and try again.
You may want to use a remote control app together with SoundWire. Some good choices include: Grooveshark Remote, Spotimote (Spotify remote), Remote for iTunes, Android VNC, Unified Remote.
Please rate the app and comment on Google Play to let us know what you think of SoundWire. If you have a question or bug report send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If reporting a problem please give your phone's Android version and make/model.
- Network communication: Communicates with the server program on your PC.
- Phone calls: Mutes audio when you receive or make a call. Without this permission music would continue to play, interfering with your call.
- Prevent phone from sleeping: Keeps app running while connected (playing music) or attempting to connect. May be disabled in settings.
All segmented meters feature classic digital styling and a high-resolution first meter segment. In addition, specialty spectrum analyzer and waveform displays give you unique new ways to visualize your music. Premium spectrum and waveform displays are free for a 7 day trial period (VU level meters are always free).
To find the visualizer widgets go into your apps list “Widgets” section and look for “Music VU”. On KitKat (or very old Android versions) long-press an empty part of your home screen. To make visualizers big, resize in both directions -- widgets maintain their shape (aspect ratio).
Note: This is an advanced widget app which uses special techniques to update quickly. Due to limitations in the way Android widgets work you should have a fairly fast phone or tablet for good performance. You may still notice occasional irregular updates. Avoid using more than 5 or 6 visualizer widgets at the same time. To minimize CPU and battery usage Music VU is not active unless your screen is on and music is playing.
If you have any problems, for example your combination of Android device and music player doesn't work, please email support at email@example.com. We'll try to help resolve your problem. Note: There's a bug in some Galaxy S4 models (but not others) which breaks visualizers, including Music VU. Please email support if you have trouble on S4. Also visualizers may not work with some music players on newer phones with KitKat like like Nexus 5 due to bugs in the OS, we are hard at work on possible workarounds so stay tuned. For now a different player may work, like Google Play Music or doubleTwist player.
For more information including descriptions of each meter/visualizer and app preferences see the Music VU help page: http://georgielabs.net/MusicVUHelp.html
Please rate the app and submit comments on Google Play to let us know what you think of Music VU. If you have a question or bug report send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (include your phone model, music player, and Android version).
Music VU Integration Info for Developers
Music VU shows accurate stereo levels when used with supported music players like the SoundWire audio streaming app. If you’re an Android music app developer and would like to have your app send stereo meter data to Music VU only a few lines of code are needed. Please email email@example.com to receive implementation details.
Leave comments with your Pi calculation time on the AGM+FFT formula for 1 million digits. Also the most digits you can calculate, which tests your phone's memory. The author's Huawei Ascend P1 takes 25 sec for 1 million and can do at most 33 million digits. Note that the AGM+FFT algorithm works in powers of 2, so calculating 10 million digits takes just as much time and memory as 16 million digits (the internal precision is shown in the output). On multi-core processors RealPi tests the performance of a single core. For accurate benchmark timing ensure that no other applications are running and your phone is not hot enough to throttle the CPU.
You can also run RealPi Benchmark on a Windows or Linux PC using virtualization, see http://georgielabs.net/RealPi-x86.html
Use this to find patterns in Pi like your birthday. For best results calculate at least one million digits using the AGM + FFT formula, then select the "Search for Patterns" menu option.
Here's a summary of the available algorithms:
-AGM + FFT formula (Arithmetic Geometric Mean): This is one of the fastest available methods to calculate Pi, and is the default formula used by RealPi when you press "Start". It runs as native C++ code and is based on Takuya Ooura's pi_fftc6 program. For many millions of digits it can require a lot of memory, which often becomes the limiting factor in how many digits you can calculate.
-Machin's formula: This formula was discovered by John Machin in 1706. It's not nearly as fast as AGM + FFT, but shows you all the digits of Pi accumulating in real time as the calculation proceeds. Choose this formula in the settings menu and then press "Start". It's written in Java using the BigDecimal class. You should probably not ask it to compute much more than 10000 digits.
-Nth digit of Pi formula by Gourdon: This formula shows that it's possible (surprisingly) to calculate decimal digits of Pi "in the middle" without calculating the preceding digits, and needs very little memory. When you press the "Nth Digit" button RealPi determines 9 digits of Pi ending with the digit position you specify. It runs as native C++ code and is based on Xavier Gourdon's pidec program. Although it's faster than Machin's formula it can't beat the AGM + FFT formula in speed.
-Nth digit of Pi formula by Bellard: Gourdon's algorithm for the Nth digit of Pi can't be used for the first 50 digits, so this formula by Fabrice Bellard is used instead if digits < 50.
If you enable the "Calculate when in sleep" option RealPi will keep calculating while your screen is off, useful when calculating many digits of Pi. While not calculating or after the calculation finishes your device will go into deep sleep as usual.
This app can drain your battery quickly when doing a long calculation, especially if the "Calculate when in sleep" option is on.
Calculation speed depends on your device's CPU speed and memory. At very large numbers of digits RealPi may terminate unexpectedly or not produce an answer. It could also take a very long time to run (years). This is due to the large amount of memory and/or CPU time needed. The upper limit on the number of digits you can calculate depends on your Android device.
Changes to the "Calculate when in sleep" option take effect for the next Pi calculation, not in the middle of a calculation.