NEW! With Paragon USB plugin you can enjoy full lightning-fast READ and WRITE access to any portable NTFS-formatted USB-attachable disk or stick via Total Commander right on the go in just !
NO ROOT access needed.
How it works?!
Download and install Total Commander for Android, install Paragon USB plugin and easily access any data on NTFS-formatted disks or sticks.
* Early beta version
* Non-root (ROOT rights are NOT needed)
* Total Commander is required
Beta version limitations:
- Support for NTFS only
- English UI only
Because this is an early beta version, your feedback is very important to us. Please email us directly if you have any problems or requests. In case of errors please use the "Send debug info" option. Many thanks for cooperation and evaluating our software!
Support and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Total Commander
Total Commander app is an Android version of the popular desktop file manager. It is available for download at: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander
About Paragon Software
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software Group has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, Poland, Russia and China delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software Group provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco Systems, Dell, HP, Western Digital Corp., ASUS, Seagate, LG Electronics, Logitech, Buffalo, Acer, EMC/Iomega, Siemens, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more. For more information please visit the company website at www.paragon-software.com.
FREE trial version.
The trial version is full functional, but it has a time limit until December 31st, 2014.
Works with the meenova Mini MicroSD Card Reader (see http://www.meenova.com) and SanDisk 64GB microSDXC card out-of-the-box (no reformatting necessary) without ROOT!
This Plugin is for tablets (like the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10) or phones (like Nexus 5) which have an USB OTG connector, but do not mount attached USB Sticks.
Reading from and writing to an attached USB-Stick is possible.
ROOT rights are NOT needed.
FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT formatted sticks can be read and written.
NTFS formatted Sticks can be read.
If you have tested the plugin you can buy the full version or update to the next trial release.
Please report problems to the forum: http://usbstick.hechler.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8
or via developer mail to: email@example.com
The filemanager Total Commander can be installed from the Play-Store:
Usage is at your own risk.
Do not use it with sticks containing important data.
For more details look at the forum: http://usbstick.hechler.de
About the permission "full network access": This is needed to open a local network socket for streaming. The plugin does not connect to the internet.
SynoLoad allows you to connect to your Download Station and manage your downloads. You will be able to add or remove files, but also check the speed or pause downloads.
Have several Synology NAS ? Often connect to your NAS from home or work ? SynoLoad handles connection to different NAS and can manage different connection profiles !
The included web browser will help you choose the file you wish to download, and the smart search engine will allow you to look for any kind of file. New smart search engines can be added dynamically, so you will never miss your good old finder.
Morever, the built-in RSS reader helps you keep track of your software updates. You will be able to add new RSS feeds to SynoLoad and be notified of new files to download.
Afraid to open your Download Station access to the Internet? SynoLoad handles both HTTP and HTTPS and is capable of connecting to it through a SSH Server, so it is completely secure!
Of course, all of this is customizable, and the graphical interface has been polished for your greater pleasure.
# Handles configuration for several Synology NAS
# Handles several configurations per NAS (local, https, SSH, ...)
# Works with all Synology NAS with firmware 2.x, 3.x, 4.x (DSM 2.x, 3.x, 4.x)
# Connects through HTTP, HTTPS (SSL) or HTTP over SSH
# Works over WIFI, EDGE and 3G
# Lists downloads on your server
# Can pause/resume/remove downloads
# Displays download/upload rates, downloaded size, progress, etc...
# Hability to choose which file to download inside a big archive
# Supports autorefresh (can be disabled if connected in 3G, to reduce internet trafic)
# Can add direct link downloads (if copied from somewhere else)
# Provides a web view to directly add files to download while browsing
# Supports RapidShare and MegaUpload
# Handles HTTP/HTTPS/FTP links (*.zip, *.rar, *.dmg, *.exe...)
# Handles all files and protocols supported by Synology !
# Manages cookies (for authentification websites)
# Supports RSS feeds
# List new files to be downloaded in RSS feeds (1 click download)
# Can search for any file through configurable searchers
# Mininova searcher included by default
# Sober but efficient look and feel
# 2 themes available (light and dark)
# Available in 10 languages: English, French, Dutch, German, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Finish
If you have any problem logging in, check out http://dev.patey.net for a complete step-by-step tutorial !
A suggestion? A problem? => firstname.lastname@example.org
This app provides the key to add additional features to the free Synodroid app. Features such as:
* Internal Web Browser
* Internal File Browser
* DSM Search engine
* Task filtering
* Default server connection
* DSM auto-detection
and much more...
For more info, check out our site or circle us on Google+...
• Easily see every device connected to your current Wi-Fi network
• Secure your network by identifying all of your devices
LANScan is designed to give the user a complete understanding of all the devices connected to a local network. This extremely fast, and powerful app contains features useful to Network Administrators, IT Professionals, and non-professionals, alike. Within an easy to use interface, this application allows you to view information about all the devices on a local network, including the IP address, MAC address, and open ports of every device. In addition, LANScan then lets you name all of your devices, giving you a complete and personalized network overview. Through this app, you will be able to get a picture of what devices should be on your network, as well as the ones that should not!
• Complete List of Devices: Every device on the network is displayed in an easy to navigate list, containing icons and device information.
• Automatic Device Information: Identify every device with automatic dictionary lookup for known MAC addresses, and NetBIOS names. In other words, see your actual device name instead of just its IP!
• Custom Labeling: Easily set custom names for any identified device.
• Custom Notes: Leave custom notes for any device!
• Port Scanning: When detailed information is requested, a very fast port scan is also displayed.
• Wake On LAN: Wake devices on the LAN which are configured for remote wake up.
LANScan's powerful scanning techniques include:
• TCP Connect Scanning: attempting to establish a TCP connection with each IP address on the local network.
• ARP Scanning: The ARP table is scanned for any devices attached to the network that doesn’t respond to a TCP connect.
• NetBIOS Scanning: Finding all devices on the network that respond to a NetBIOS query.
• Bonjour Scanning: Scan the network for all services on the local network that are broadcasting bonjour services.
• Reverse DNS: All devices are also queried for hostname information using multicast queries.
We hope you enjoy LANScan, the powerful network scanner anybody can use!
Presently, Network Browser should be able to connect to most Microsoft Windows or Linux and Mac OSX smb samba network shared folders. You need to know the IP address of the network server you are trying to connect to. You can connect as guest, or supply your username and password.
You can also open files that you find on your network. Tapping on a file will open it in the default editor on your Android system. Currently saving and uploading is not supported, but if there is interest in the project I can certainly work to add these features.
Network Browser now supports music and video streaming over the network! The current release only supports mp3 format for music and m4v and mp4 formats for videos, but I plan on adding support for more media formats in the future. Give it a try and let me know which formats you want me to work on next! Network Browser can now be your ultimate home network media streaming app!
Network Browser is for you guys, so if there is any interest in this project, I will add any features that you want or request. With time and effort this could be a fully functional network file manager and Windows Networking app, but if there is no interest in the project then I will not put the time into it. Just let me know!
The main idea behind this is classic: copy and move files from one panel to another. This method of operating is far more convenient than what is offered by most other file managers, in which you would have to copy/cut items and then navigate to various different folders to paste them - back and forth, again and again.
To not overload the display with extra checkboxes, each file row is divided by two zones: tapping on the left you open files and folders, tapping on the right you select multiple items. If you are left handed, that could be swapped in the settings.
Ghost Commander lets you transfer files both to and from FTP and SFTP servers and Windows network shares, as well as Google Drive, BOX and Dropbox cloud storage (plugin required), plus it can create/extract ZIP archives and work with as it was a regular folder.
For advanced users, this file manager also supports root (superuser) mode, which is essential to work with protected system files on a rooted phone, change file permission attributes/owners (chmod/chown) and even execute your own shell commands (busybox required).
This file manager is very customizable and comes with a lot of options which allow you to adjust its appearance and behavior to your personal tastes and habits.
Ghost Commander's features include, but are not limited to:
* easy sorting by name, extension, size or date
* customizable multiselect (by tapping, or select by wildcards)
* root / superuser (su) mode: remount partitions and make changes in system files
* change file owner and permissions (in root mode only)
* working with files via the MediaStore perspective (which allows writing access to external SDcard on Kitkat)
* ZIP archive support: create and extract ZIP files, view inside a ZIP without extracting
* built-in FTP client: upload to/download from your own site or a public one
* favorite shortcuts for folders and locations
* calculation of file and folder size and MD5 and SHA-1
* file search by content and other properties
* text editor (built-in or external)
* text and picture viewers
* sends files via email, Bluetooth and so on
* personalization: colors, font size, interface language, custom toolbar, etc
* Windows network support via an optional SMB plugin
* Streaming audio/video from a remote location to a player app (VPlayer is recommended)
* Access to the Google Drive, Dropbox and BOX or any WebDAV enabled cloud storage (with plugins)
Requested permissions explanation:
INTERNET - to make FTP and other network plugins be able to connect to internet hosts.
No connection is established without your command to do so.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - to not to let the WiFi go down during a file transfer.
WAKE_LOCK - to not to let the phone go to a deep sleep during a file transfer.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to let the file manager copy files to the sdcard.
VIBRATE - to let the phone vibrate when a long file operation is done.
INSTALL_SHORTCUT - to create shortcut icons to the desktop.
MOUNT_UNMOUNT_FILESYSTEMS - to do so when you have asked that.
ACCESS_SUPERUSER - to let the root: mode of the file manager functioning properly. Not used for any other purposes.
USE_CREDENTIALS - only to let the Google Drive plugin access to the Google based services.
The website: http://tinyurl.com/gc1site.
Vote for new features: http://tinyurl.com/gc-user
Help with localization: https://crowdin.com/project/ghost-commander
If you like this application, a small donation to help further development will be appreciated!
Keywords: root, file manager, manage files, file explorer, Midnight Commander, Norton Commander, FAR manager, dual panel
Video by Appgovideo.com
DS cloud is the counterpart to Cloud Station for your Android device. It allows you to choose the folders on your DiskStation which you want to sync to your mobile device and make available for offline viewing. DS cloud also gives you total control over the sync criteria: for each folder, you can set the maximum file size as well as the type of files you wish to sync.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > DSM 5.1 > Mobile Apps > Software Specs
DS finder makes it easy to monitor the status of your DiskStation on the go, as well as start up the DiskStation remotely. IT professionals can receive important system notifications about their DiskStation instantly, or use it to locate the DiskStation in massive server rooms with the built-in buzzer. If you need to do any troubleshooting, you can email out the DiskStation’s network/storage info directly from the Android device.
With DS finder for Android, you can:
-Search all the DiskStations within the local area network
-Monitor the current status of your DiskStation
-Receive system push notification from DiskStation on the “Favorite” list. (DSM 4.0 is required)
-Locate a DiskStation with its built-in buzzer
-Start up the DiskStation remotely with WOL function
-Email out the DiskStation’s network/storage info directly from your device
-Supports HTTPS for secure connection
-Encrypted login over HTTP without SSL
-All features available with DSM 5.0 and onwards
-Supported on Android 2.3 and onwards
-Login with QuickConnect is now available (DSM 5.0 required)
-It’s now possible to “verify the certificate” installed on the DiskStation for an even more secure connection
-Minor bug fixes
Manage SYNOLOGY download station from your phone on both WIFI and 3G. Add downloads from file or android browser share link and file download functionality. Search Torrents using Transdroid torrent search library.
* Connection to both HTTP and HTTPS servers
* Locate NAS on your network or create manual connection using the connection wizard
* Management of multiple servers
* Use one server connection for both WAN and LAN
* Add download task with file manager for .torrent or .nzb files
* Add download task for any links using Android share link feature
* Add download task with the new add download dialog
* Magnet link support (DSM 3.1+)
* Search torrent using Transdroid Search Library
* Search history and voice search
* Pause/Cancel/Resume downloads
* View downloads details, manage task properties
* Compatible with DSM 2.2 to 5.1
* Compatible with Android 1.6 to 5.0
PRO only features:
* Internal web browser
* Internal file browser
* Add download dialog
* Torrent information in confirmation dialog for search engine
* Allow download destination to be set on a subdirectory
* DSM Version Auto-detection
* Search provider for DSM 3.1+ with plugin selection
* Default Server auto-connection when multiple servers are configured
Why do you use permission X?:
* INTERNET: Access your NAS
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To be able to download the original torrent/nzb file
* ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Check if your WIFI is up
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Check if your device has network access
* CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE: Find your NAS on the network
* BROADCAST_STICKY: Find your NAS on the network
For more info, check out our site or circle us on Google+...
It has two main modes.
Separate File Upload
Files can be uploaded to the DiskStation by sharing them with the application. Simply select files or text data and choose the "share with" option of the respective app. When you choose DS Uploader you can choose a folder on one of your shares on DiskStation. You can even present a standard folder to always upload your files to the same directory.
File uploads will only occur in case there is a WiFi connection established. In other cases DS Uploader will remember the files to be uploaded and upload them once a WiFi conenction has been established.
Automatic Media Upload
In case you select a path for automatic media upload in the settings screen. DS Uploader will watch your media library for additions and automatically upload these files to the specified folder. This makes it easy to keep the pictures taken in sync with your device.
This service will only run in case you select a directory in the config screen. Otherwise DS Uploader will have no background services running.
Requested Permissions and why they are needed:
- Internet: DS Uploader needs this to connect to the network and your DiskStation.
- Network State: DS Uploader needs this to know whether you are connceted to a WiFi or not.
- Read Storage: DS Uploader needs this to access files on your storage system that you want to get uploaded.
- Write External Storage (on devices prior to Android 4.3): When you upload files from data streams to your server it is not guaranteed that this data will still be there when we try to later upload it to your DiskStation. Therefore we create a local copy of the file in a cache folder on your SD card (deleting it once it has been uploaded). Writing to this cache needs a permission to write to your SD card on devices prior to Android 4.3. We don't write anywhere else on your SD card.
- Boot Completed: To restart the media checking service in the background once the device is restarted this is needed.
- In-App Purchase: If you use the app very frequently we will display a small nag screen prior to frequent uploads and ask you to support the app development by buying DS Uploader for a small amount. You can always chose to ignore the nag screen and the app will still work fully. Thank you for your help!
The pro version offers a convenient widget, enables control from anywhere in the world through the Internet and can send commands automatically (automatic triggering or third party triggering.
Ths Surveillance Station from Synology is a swiss knife which was missing a blade. This app is a great addition to your collection of NAS tools. I hope you enjoy it.
The author of the app is not affiliated with Synology.
The app is not compatible with DSM 3.1 and older versions.
Fast and accurate, Fing is a professional App for network analysis. A simple and intuitive interface helps you evaluate security levels, detect intruders and resolve network issues.
+ Discovers all devices connected to a Wi-Fi network. Unlimited devices and unlimited networks, for free!
+ Displays MAC Address and device manufacturer.
+ Enter your own names, icons, notes and location
+ Full search by IP, MAC, Name, Vendor and Notes
+ History of all discovered networks.
+ Share via Twitter, Facebook, Message and E-mail
+ Service Scan: Find hundreds of open ports in a few seconds.
+ Wake On LAN: Switch on your devices from your mobile or tablet!
+ Ping and traceroute: Understand your network performances.
+ Automatic DNS lookup and reverse lookup
+ Checks the availability of Internet connection
+ Works also with hosts outside your local network
+ Tracks when a device has gone online or offline
+ Launch Apps for specific ports, such as Browser, SSH, FTP
+ Displays NetBIOS names and properties
+ Displays Bonjour info and properties
+ Supports identification by IP address for bridged networks
+ Sort by IP, MAC, Name, Vendor, State, Last Change.
+ Free of charge, no banner Ads
+ Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with retina and standard displays.
+ Integrates with Fingbox to sync and backup your customizations, merge networks with multiple access points, monitor remote networks via Fingbox Sentinels, get notifications of changes, and much more.
+ Fing is available on several other platforms, including Windows, OS X and Linux. Check them out!
- Copy, Move whole subdirs
- Drag & Drop (long press on file icon, move icon)
- Inplace rename, create directories
- Delete (no recycle bin)
- Zip and unzip, unrar
- Properties dialog, change permissions
- Built-in text editor
- Search function (also for text)
- Select/unselect groups of files
- Select by tapping on file icons
- Select range: Long tap+release on icon
- List of installed Apps (built-in plugin)
- FTP and SFTP client (plugin)
- WebDAV (Web folders) (plugin)
- LAN access (plugin)
- Plugins for cloud services: Google Drive, Microsoft Live, Dropbox
- Root support for the main functions (optional)
- Send files via Bluetooth (OBEX)
- Thumbnails for pictures
- Two panels side by side, or virtual two panel mode
- Directory history
- Media player which can stream directly from LAN, WebDAV and cloud plugins
- Configurable button bar for changing directories, internal commands, launching apps, and sending shell commands
- Simple help function in English, German, Russian, Ukrainian and Czech
- Optimizations for visually impaired, like text for icons
- Supported languages of the main program: English, German, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- Public translation via http://crowdin.net/project/total-commander
About the new permission "SuperUser":
This permission is now requested to make Total Commander work better on rooted devices. It tells the SuperUser app that Total Commander suports root functions. It has no effect if your device is not rooted. Root functions allow Total Commander to write to system folders like /system or /data. You will be warned before anything is written if the partition is write protected.
You can find some more information here:
This plugin/tool supports direct connections via HTTP over WiFi/WLAN between two Android devices, or between Android (Server) and any device or computer with a Web browser or WebDAV client.
It creates a local Web+WebDAV server. The server URL can either be scanned as a QR-Code, or entered manually.
Although this is mainly a plugin for Total Commander, it can also be used standalone: Simply select some files in any file manager, or text, or an URL, and then use the "share" function to send it to the WiFi plugin. This will start a server and show the URL and QR-Code for the server.
Great to transfer data locally between two Android devices without going through the cloud! Your data will never leave your own wireless LAN network.
Note: Both devices need to be in the same WiFi network. If the sender isn't part of a WiFi network, this tool will offer to create its own access point, or start a WiFi direct connection. Other devices can then connect to this network to transfer data. If you scan the QR-Code from a copy of the WiFi plugin, the connection will be established automatically, and closed automatically when disconnecting.
It does not work standalone!
Do NOT install if you do not use Total Commander!
This plugin supports connections by FTP and FTPS (secure FTP over SSL). For SFTP (file transfer over SSH secure shell), there is a separate plugin available now:
Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
It does not work standalone!
Do NOT install if you do not use Total Commander!
Note: This plugin allows to connect to SFTP servers (file transfer over SSH secure shell). For FTPS (FTP over SSL), please use the separate FTP plugin from the Play Store:
Why is this plugin so big? It includes the free sshj library for ssh connections. To support authentication via client certificates, it also has to include libraries from the BouncyCastle project.
It does not work standalone!
Do NOT install if you do not use Total Commander!
This plugin allows to access the Windows Live OneDrive cloud drive from Total Commander. It requires Android 2.2 or newer due to the used Microsoft libraries. You will also need a Windows Live account to access OneDrive. Multiple accounts are supported.