Grim Quest is a classic turn-based, dungeon crawling RPG with optional roguelike elements. It puts a lot of emphasis on atmosphere and immersion, using dark visuals, somber music, and lots of written text to draw you into its gritty and mind-bending world. Because of its attention to world-building and abundance of lore, Grim Quest is often compared to a tabletop Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) campaign, or even a choose your own adventure book.
Grim Quest has no multiple currencies, limiting timers, overpriced cosmetics, content locked behind endless microtransactions, or other modern monetization schemes. Just a few unobtrusive and removable ads, and completely optional in-app purchases, for those who wish to support the game and its development.
*** FEATURES ***
- immerse in a dark fantasy world with its own history and lore
- defeat enemies and fight boss battles in a classic turn-based combat system
- manage your character's sanity or suffer unexpected consequences
- customize your character with 25 unique spells and 20 active & passive skills
- select one of 27 character backgrounds that each affect gameplay in a different way
- experience the game world through a variety of interactive, text-based events
- acquire weapons, armors, accessories, consumable items and crafting ingredients
- complete quests, collect bounties and find 60+ pieces of scattered lore
- manage defences of a besieged city, endure raids and other calamities
- relax or add suspense with 4 difficulty levels, optional permadeath and other adjustable settings
* designed for portrait (one-handed) mode