Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Sydney OpalTracker allows you to track your current balance and usage history across all Opal-compatible forms of transport. Never wonder how much your bus, train or ferry trip cost you again!
Have more than 1 OpalCard? No problem. Sydney OpalTracker allows you to view your data for all your cards in one easy-to-use interface.
Features of the app include:
✔ View your card balance and usage history.
✔ View how much each trip has cost you
✔ Support for multiple Opal cards
✔ Android Wear integration - find out your Opal Card balance from your wrist!
✔ Attractive widget to view your card balance right from the homescreen
✔ Dashclock widget integration
This app is not affiliated with Transport for NSW in any way. If you have any questions regarding your Opal card or account, please contact Transport for NSW directly. This app uses your Opal account login details. Your details are stored only on your phone and are safely transmitted using a secure, encrypted connection.
Opal Travel is the easiest way to find out which train, bus, ferry or light rail to catch and how much it will cost using your Opal card.
- Shows you how long you have until your service departs
- Shows peak or discounted off-peak train fares depending on the time of travel
- Includes fare estimates for adult, child/youth and senior/pensioner cards
- Shows alerts or disruptions that may impact your travel
- Indicates the wheelchair accessibility of trips
- Helps you to quickly find a nearby Opal retailer so you can top-up your card.
If you already know which train, bus, ferry or light rail to catch and want to view fare estimates, search the App Store for our other app, Opal Fares.
We made this application purely for the CityRail next train screen we see at CityRail stations (See Trains on the Main Menu). Its purpose has now changed to providing the next trains to a station information as quick as we can. A widget is coming.
This is a beta version, released for comments and testing. So time table data may not be 100% correct.
Please report all bugs to us, send an email too (it helps speed things along, Android bug tracking isn't particularly helpful all the time)
This is merely the start of this program (well in a usable form at least)
Lots more additions/enhancements will be added later
If you leave negative feedback, its always appreciated to leave helpful negative feedback, either give us an email or write it in the comment, what is wrong with the app. Please don't just say "I don't like it".
- Main screen showing a customisable list of next trains.
- Train screen showing train stops and following trains.
- Map of City Rail network.
- Offline stored view of the City Rail time table.
- Track work information (Requires online connectivity).
- Service status (Requires online connectivity).
- Widgets showing next train information.
1. Train list from source to destination for a day or week.
2. Passing by trains through station for a day or week.
3. Train complete route.
4. Application and database gets stored on SD card so main memory required for this app is very less.
[NOTE: Database file has to be downloaded. Size of DB file is around 3 MB. Request you to download the DB while having good internet connection like WIFI or 3G. With GPRS connection also it works but may be very slow. You can also check for updates. You can download the database to stay uptodate.]
* Train online status
* PNR status
* The complete travel app for India
* Included near stations and checkbox for Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Tirupati, Trivendrum, Kochin, Goa, Lucknow, Varanasi, Patna, Nagpur, Chandrapur, Bhopal, Mangalore.
* Save paper and environment by using this electronic time table.
* We have seperate applications for local trains of Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad. Please download and use those applications if you need time table of local trains for those cities.
With this app you can:
- Plan journey including search history
- All public transport modes included (trains, buses, ferries etc.)
- Set destination alarm
- View live traffic incidents
- See nearby departures
All this in a very intuitive manner. More features will be added later.
If you notice any bugs, please drop me a line and I will rectify them at the earliest.
If you like the app please rate it.
Make your Sydney experience unforgettable, with the official app from sydney.com. Explore exciting things to do, where to stay and events, must-do dining and entertainment, shopping and nightlife, nature, beaches and family experiences – all in real-time - with images, contact details and interactive maps.
You can book accommodation, get great deals and explore points of interest and facilities.
Save your favourites or build your own itinerary, to view offline. Plus you can check-in while in Sydney to share your travel experiences with your friends.
As well as information on transport, weather and currency conversion, the app has links to Visitor Information Centres that provide all your travel information needs when you are in Sydney.
We are sure you will love planning your trip to and getting around in Sydney with this easy-to-use travel app.
Included features & functions:
* Travel directory of great things to do
* Information and images on all Sydney regions
* Up-to-date events listings
* Mobile booking
* My Favourites and My Itinerary
* Current Weather
* Currency converter
* Services and facilities maps
* Over 3,000 accommodation, events, restaurants, tours and hire listings
Walking tours included in this application are:
* City Orientation Tour (18 sights)
* Museums and Art Galleries (8 sights)
* Sydney’s Art Galleries (7 sights)
* Landmarks in Sydney (7 sights)
* Places of Worship (7 sights)
* Nightlife in Circular Quay (6 sights)
* Hottest Nightclubs (6 sights)
* The Pyrmont Area (6 sights)
* Best of Shopping in Sydney (5 sights)
* Sydney for Kids (6 sights)
* Sydney’s East Shore (6 sights)
* Taronga Zoo (8 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Amaze your co travelers by telling them "Hmmmm.. we are running twenty minutes late", without looking outside!
You can also add home screen widgets & quick★marks for ultra-quick, one-touch access to train, station & PNR status and time tables.
Time Tables are cached offline for quick rechecking, for up to one month.
Featuring the handy berth & seat calculator: for the times when you want to quickly know whether its an lower berth or an aisle seat...
and the reservation date calculator: to find the reservation opening date for a given date of travel, and also set reminders for it.
The app now has a companion app to make your journeys even better, which may be installed by selecting the "more enquiries" option.
Note: 'Launch Map'- launches the default android 'Maps' application which can show the exact location of the train on Google Maps. Please note: this will work only if the 'Maps' application and location features are available on your device; these are pre-installed on most android phones and tablets.
Train status information shown is from the National Train Enquiry system - http://enquiry.indianrail.gov.in.
Culture Walks is the ideal companion for discovering Sydney on foot – discover hidden laneways and new neighbourhoods while learning about Sydney’s history and the stories behind the city’s most loved public artworks. Prefer to see what’s close to you or interested in a particular work? Simply filter through hundreds of points of interest by location, type or theme.
• Be guided through 10 walking tours curated by the City of Sydney’s history and public art teams
• 400+ historical and public art points of interest, filterable by type, location and theme.
• Discover all the points of interest in offline mode*
• Free updates for life: keep an eye out for new walks and points of interest
Download the app and start walking!
App development happily provided by We Make Apps – http://wemakeapps.net
*Like other mapping apps, a data connection is required to download and display map imagery.
Offline mode is not available in this app. The app is online only and requires an internet connection. This means the app always provides you with the most up-to-date public transport information.
Following feedback from the iPhone app and demand, PTV have now created a dedicated Android app.
What you can do
• Simple access to Journey Planner with immediate results.
• New navigation system to quickly access features via a sliding menu.
• Easy to save, access and rename your favourite stations, stops and journeys.
• Fewer touches to complete key tasks like accessing your favourites or viewing your Next 5 services.
• More opportunities to personalise the app and set your own custom preferences.
• Disruptions provide a summary of the disruption and a click through to the website if you need more information. There are also links to the operator’s social media feeds.
• Transport network maps for metropolitan train and tram, V/Line and Nightrider.
• All bus and train information shown in the PTV app is scheduled timetable information.
• Tram information shown in minutes is from tramTRACKER®, those shown in times are scheduled (timetable) services.
• Re-tap menu option to return to default options.
• Context sensitive help screens on key features.
• Improvements to the quality of data, especially by making the app online only.
• Designed for the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system (version 4.0) or higher.
• App will not work on Honeycomb operating system (version 3.0) or lower.
Whether you’re travelling or accompanying a loved one, all the information on T1 International and T2 Domestic is at your fingertips, where and when you need it.
At a glance:
• Live flight information for all departing and arriving flights;
• Subscribe to flight status updates pushed directly to your phone;
• Airport information (transportation, transfers, shops, services, places to eat and airports contacts) all at your fingertips;
• Find out where you have to go, with terminal maps.
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Sydney city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Sydney
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Australia or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
change tab style.
add favorite list for timetable(press menu in timetable page for adding and long press item in favorite list to delete).
remove time tickbox.
fix rail map positioning bug.
fix timetable error.
This app provides access to timetable of Sydney’s rail lines. You can browse all the lines' timetable by line, station and time. The most exciting part of this app is the TRAVEL PLANNER, which offers you the shortest path for reference. Furthermore, a network map is also embedded, automatically zoom in the point where is tapped.
If you have any feedback, please contact me via the following email address:
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map for public buses and trains
- Download timetable updates from within the app
- Scrolling Sydney Trains "platform indicator" display
- Trackwork / service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Platform numbers for train trips
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
NOTE: Apart from real-time data for public buses and trains, all timetables are offline, and do not take into account delays, cancellations, or trackwork. Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details, and it will be fixed in the next release.
- All trains on the plasma display are currently shown as "Limited Stops"
- Note that not all bus trips are reversible, because the stop names in the opposite direction are sometimes different.