We made this application purely for the CityRail next train screen we see at CityRail stations (See Trains on the Main Menu). Its purpose has now changed to providing the next trains to a station information as quick as we can. A widget is coming.
This is a beta version, released for comments and testing. So time table data may not be 100% correct.
Please report all bugs to us, send an email too (it helps speed things along, Android bug tracking isn't particularly helpful all the time)
This is merely the start of this program (well in a usable form at least)
Lots more additions/enhancements will be added later
If you leave negative feedback, its always appreciated to leave helpful negative feedback, either give us an email or write it in the comment, what is wrong with the app. Please don't just say "I don't like it".
- Main screen showing a customisable list of next trains.
- Train screen showing train stops and following trains.
- Map of City Rail network.
- Offline stored view of the City Rail time table.
- Track work information (Requires online connectivity).
- Service status (Requires online connectivity).
- Widgets showing next train information.
Amaze your co travelers by telling them "Hmmmm.. we are running twenty minutes late", without looking outside!
You can also add home screen widgets for ultra-quick, one-touch access to train, station & PNR status and time tables (since v5.4).
Time Tables are cached offline for quick rechecking, for up to one month.
Featuring the handy berth & seat calculator (since v4.1): for the times when you want to quickly know whether its an lower berth or an aisle seat...
Note: 'Launch Map'- launches the default android 'Maps' application which can show the exact location of the train on Google Maps. Please note: this will work only if the 'Maps' application and location features are available on your device; these are pre-installed on most android phones and tablets.
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Make your Sydney experience unforgettable, with the official app from sydney.com. Explore exciting things to do, where to stay and events, must-do dining and entertainment, shopping and nightlife, nature, beaches and family experiences – all in real-time - with images, contact details and interactive maps.
You can book accommodation, get great deals and explore points of interest and facilities.
Save your favourites or build your own itinerary, to view offline. Plus you can check-in while in Sydney to share your travel experiences with your friends.
As well as information on transport, weather and currency conversion, the app has links to Visitor Information Centres that provide all your travel information needs when you are in Sydney.
We are sure you will love planning your trip to and getting around in Sydney with this easy-to-use travel app.
Included features & functions:
* Travel directory of great things to do
* Information and images on all Sydney regions
* Up-to-date events listings
* Mobile booking
* My Favourites and My Itinerary
* Current Weather
* Currency converter
* Services and facilities maps
* Over 3,000 accommodation, events, restaurants, tours and hire listings
change tab style.
add favorite list for timetable(press menu in timetable page for adding and long press item in favorite list to delete).
remove time tickbox.
fix rail map positioning bug.
fix timetable error.
This app provides access to timetable of Sydney’s rail lines. You can browse all the lines' timetable by line, station and time. The most exciting part of this app is the TRAVEL PLANNER, which offers you the shortest path for reference. Furthermore, a network map is also embedded, automatically zoom in the point where is tapped.
If you have any feedback, please contact me via the following email address:
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Sydney city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Sydney
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Australia or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
Whether you’re travelling or accompanying a loved one, all the information on T1 International and T2 Domestic is at your fingertips, where and when you need it.
At a glance:
• Live flight information for all departing and arriving flights;
• Subscribe to flight status updates pushed directly to your phone;
• Airport information (transportation, transfers, shops, services, places to eat and airports contacts) all at your fingertips;
• Find out where you have to go, with terminal maps.
Sydney (approx. 4 mill. inhabitants), capital of New South Wales and largest city in Australia.
CityRail is a frequent suburban train service which runs underground in the centre of Sydney. Double-deck trains are used on all routes spreading out from the city centre as far as 60 km to Richmond or 56 km to MacArthur. Lines are bundled in the central area and offer a metro-like service with trains every few minutes during peak hours. A diversion of the East Hills Line via the Airport opened on 21 May 2000 in time for the Olympic Games.
On 23 Feb 2009, the 12.5 km underground rail link between Epping and Chatswood in the northwest of the metropolitan area was added to the network. There are three intermediate stations.
Sydney Light Rail & Monorail
In the city centre of Sydney, the Sydney Monorail, an elevated circle line running only anti-clockwise, links many points of touristic interest in the central business district and the Darling Harbour area. The monorail is now planned to close in July 2013 to be demolished.
Starting from Central Station, a modern tram line (Sydney Metro Light Rail) runs via the Convention Centre and Darling Harbour to the inner western suburbs of Glebe and Lilyfield. The largest part of the route re-uses an abandoned freight railway. The light rail line is currently being extended to Dulwich Hill.
Both the Monorail and the Light Rail Lines are operated by Veolia.
Culture Walks is the ideal companion for discovering Sydney on foot – discover hidden laneways and new neighbourhoods while learning about Sydney’s history and the stories behind the city’s most loved public artworks. Prefer to see what’s close to you or interested in a particular work? Simply filter through hundreds of points of interest by location, type or theme.
• Be guided through 10 walking tours curated by the City of Sydney’s history and public art teams
• 400+ historical and public art points of interest, filterable by type, location and theme.
• Discover all the points of interest in offline mode*
• Free updates for life: keep an eye out for new walks and points of interest
Download the app and start walking!
App development happily provided by We Make Apps – http://wemakeapps.net
*Like other mapping apps, a data connection is required to download and display map imagery.
- Platform numbers for train trips
- Temporary buses information
- Saved trips and recent searches
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
Use the travel directory to find exciting things to see and do, including opening times. Follow the itineraries suggested for 1, 3 and 5 day stays to get the best out of your travels or select your favourites and build your own list. You can find events that are happening when you are travelling or choose a tour by bus, boat, motorbike or seaplane!
This app will give you phrases that will help you communicate, tips on travelling in comfort, and a guide to general customs and culture so you won’t be surprised by local behaviour! You will know where to go for free WiFi and how to make cheap international phone calls. It will help you with information on the transport system from getting from the airport to travelling around Sydney. It has links to Visitor Information Centres that provide all your travel information needs.
We are sure you will love planning your trip to Sydney with this easy-to-use travel app. It contains everything you need for the experience of a lifetime – one that your friends and family will want to hear all about!
Choice of 3 languages - simplified or traditional Chinese as well as English.
• Location based mapping
• Travel directory of great things to do
• My Favourites
• Current Weather
• Accept UnionPay Places
• Currency converter
• Services and facilities maps
• Can be used 100% offline once downloaded (except for updates and sharing)
Sydney Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Sydney (pron.: /sɪdni/) is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia. It is located on Australia's south-east coast of the Tasman Sea. As of June 2010, the greater metropolitan area had an approximate population of 4.6 million people. Inhabitants of Sydney are called Sydneysiders, comprising a cosmopolitan and international population.
The site of the first British colony in Australia, Sydney was established in 1788 at Sydney Cove by Arthur Phillip, commodore of the First Fleet, as a penal colony. The city is built on hills surrounding Port Jackson which is commonly known as Sydney Harbour, where the iconic Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge feature prominently. The hinterland of the metropolitan area is surrounded by national parks, and the coastal regions feature many bays, rivers, inlets and beaches including the famous Bondi Beach and Manly Beach. Within the city are many notable parks, including Hyde Park and the Royal Botanic Gardens.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* City Orientation Tour (18 sights)
* Museums and Art Galleries (8 sights)
* Sydney’s Art Galleries (7 sights)
* Landmarks in Sydney (7 sights)
* Places of Worship (7 sights)
* Nightlife in Circular Quay (6 sights)
* Hottest Nightclubs (6 sights)
* The Pyrmont Area (6 sights)
* Best of Shopping in Sydney (5 sights)
* Sydney for Kids (6 sights)
* Sydney’s East Shore (6 sights)
* Taronga Zoo (8 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
More from developer
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map for public buses and trains
- Download timetable updates from within the app
- Scrolling Sydney Trains "platform indicator" display
- Trackwork / service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Platform numbers for train trips
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
NOTE: Apart from real-time data for public buses and trains, all timetables are offline, and do not take into account delays, cancellations, or trackwork. Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details, and it will be fixed in the next release.
- All trains on the plasma display are currently shown as "Limited Stops"
- Note that not all bus trips are reversible, because the stop names in the opposite direction are sometimes different.