• Google Play's "Best of the Best" of 2013 and 2014!
• "Among apps for learning or practicing a language, you can't beat Duolingo." —PC Magazine. Awarded Editors' Choice for Language Learning.
• "Far and away the best free language-learning app." —The Wall Street Journal
• "Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education."—TIME Magazine
• "The most productive means of procrastination I’ve ever discovered. The short lesson blocks are painless and peppy, and reaching the next level (and then the level after that) becomes addictive." —Slate
• "We’ve also tried a few other methods such as book learning and Rosetta Stone, both of which bombed. That’s why I jumped at the chance to try Duolingo. And believe me, it’s addictive." —FluentIn3Months.com
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages.
• It's free, for real. No fees, no ads, no gimmicks. A college-quality education without the price tag.
• It's fun. Lose hearts for answering incorrectly, advance by completing bite-sized lessons, and track your progress with shiny achievements.
• It's constantly improving. We bust out the lab coats regularly and measure how well you learn on Duolingo. Your learning experience only gets better over time.
If you want to learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, or English the fast, fun, and free way, there's no better choice than Duolingo.
Send any feedback to email@example.com
Buy Duolingo gear at http://gear.duolingo.com
Use Duolingo on the Web at http://www.duolingo.com
50languages.com contains 100 lessons that provide you with a basic vocabulary. This free app has 30 lessons. With no prior knowledge, you will learn to fluently speak short sentences in real-world situations in no time.
The 50languages method successfully combines audio and text for effective language learning.
50languages corresponds to the Common European Framework levels A1 and A2 and is therefore suitable for all types of schools and students. The audio files can also be effectively used as a supplement in language schools and language courses. Adults who have learned a language in school can refresh their knowledge using 50languages.
50languages is available in over 50 languages and in approximately 2500 language combinations, e.g. German to English, English to Spanish, Spanish to Chinese etc.
The 100 lessons help you to quickly learn and use a foreign language in various situations (e.g. in a hotel or restaurant, on a vacation, small talk, getting to know people, shopping, at the doctor, at the bank etc.). You can download the audio files from www.50languages.com to your mp3-player and listen to them anywhere - at a bus stop or a train station, in the car, and during a lunch break! To get the most out of 50languages, learn one lesson a day and regularly repeat what you have already learned in previous lessons.
Learning with our free mobile app is like having a personal language tutor. You’ll discover new vocabulary and grammar—and learn how to use your new language skills in conversation.
Discover the benefits of learning a new language with our proven immersion-based methodology. Download the Rosetta Stone mobile app now and start learning!
Has your school or employer provided you with access to Rosetta Stone Foundations? Download this app to continue your Language Training on the go. Learners with access to Foundations get ALL content in the "Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone" app as part of their Foundations access.
** 2014 Academics’ Choice Smart Media Award winner and 2014 Tabby Awards Winner and Users' Choice pick **
• Chinese (Mandarin)
• English (American)
• English (British)
• Filipino (Tagalog)
• Persian (Farsi)
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Spanish (Latin America)
• Spanish (Spain)
• Access your Rosetta Stone language training anywhere
• Free access to Lesson 1 in any one of 24 languages
• Proprietary speech-recognition technology
• Automatic sync across devices
• Enterprise and Education Rosetta Stone Foundations clients have full access to all available content
Course material and language lessons include:
• Language Basics
• Greetings and Introductions
• Past and Future
• Friends and Social Life
• Dining and Vacation
• …and more!
Whether you’re studying in your home or on the go, our effective language-learning method, course materials, and lessons can help you transform your life quickly and easily. Start today!
The experts are saying:
“The gold standard of computer-based language learning.” – CNN
“I love Rosetta Stone’s software, and I think the approach to learning languages works.” – TechCrunch
“Rosetta Stone may be the next best thing to living in a country.” – The Wall Street Journal
“I enjoy this app very much. I am able to practice my Spanish lessons on the subway train, standing in lines and at work during breaks.” – James Thompson
“I am extremely grateful to have to Rosetta Stone on my tablet/phone! I have the software on my desktop, but haven't been able to use it a lot due to school and traveling. Now, I can use my tablet/phone between classes or when I am not near my computer. AWESOME!!! Thank you so much!!!” – Eric Fullerton
About Rosetta Stone:
Rosetta Stone Inc. (NYSE:RST) is dedicated to changing the way the world learns. The company's innovative technology-driven language, reading and brain fitness solutions are used by thousands of schools, businesses, government organizations and millions of individuals around the world. Founded in 1992, Rosetta Stone pioneered the use of interactive software to accelerate language learning. Today the company offers courses in 30 languages, from the most commonly spoken (such as English, Spanish and Mandarin) to the less prominent (including Swahili, Swedish and Tagalog). Since 2013, Rosetta Stone has expanded beyond language and deeper into education-technology with its acquisitions of Livemocha, Lexia Learning, Vivity Labs, and Tell Me More. Rosetta Stone is based in Arlington, VA, and has offices around the world.
For more information, visit www.RosettaStone.com.
"Rosetta Stone" is a registered trademark or trademark of Rosetta Stone Ltd. in the United States and other countries.
*Learn the basics with vocabulary & grammar lessons, audio dialogues and interactive tests.
*Submit practice exercises where native speakers will help you perfect your skills.
*Set yourself a personalised goal to ensure you are reaching your learning objecives.
*Personalised to fit your style of learning, ensuring you become a proficient in the quickest possible time.
*Learn the most important 150 topics and 3000 words.
*Test your knowledge with fun quizzes to see how much you have learnt
***What the media say***
Forbes – “Quicker, Smarter, Better”
New York Times – “easy to use & feels cheerful”
Google – “Must Have App”
BBC – “easier way to learn”
Best of Mobile 2014 award winner.
“The app I’ve found most powerful is Babbel.” - New York Times
"Babbel: Help Me, Help You Learn A New Language." - TechCrunch
"9 out of 10." - Wired
LOTS OF LANGUAGES
With Babbel you can learn Spanish, Russian, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Polish, Dutch, Indonesian, Danish and Norwegian.
• Extensive selection of interactive courses for 13 different languages.
• Designed to fit into your life.
• Tailored learning goals.
• Train your pronunciation with our speech recognition technology.
• Ideal for both beginners and advanced learners.
• Keep new vocabulary in your long-term memory with the Review Manager.
• Learning progress synchronised across Android devices and website platforms.
• Entertaining listening, writing, and speaking exercises
• Vocabulary trainers for a wide variety of topics
• Easily graspable grammar exercises
And much more…
You'll need a Babbel subscription in order to access courses and features. The quantity of courses offered may vary according to which display language you use.
There are two subscription options:
One-monthly subscription for $US12.95 per month, automatically renewed until canceled.
One-yearly subscription for $US83.40 per year, automatically renewed until canceled.
Your subscription will automatically renew unless it is canceled before the end of the current payment period. You can manage and cancel a subscription in your Google Play Store account.
Language Education from Babbel: Babbel offers you a complete online language learning experience for thirteen different foreign languages. Choose to learn French, English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish, Dutch, Indonesian, or any one of the Scandinavian languages; Swedish, Danish and Norwegian. Regardless of whether you're using your mobile phone, tablet or computer, you can access your Babbel language course and our language education system will automatically record your study progress and synchronize it with your other devices. This means you can brush up on your grammar and work on building an extensive vocabulary anywhere and at any time.
Just imagine: you're sitting at home watching TV when a word pops up in Spanish or French. You reach for the foreign language dictionary but then think to yourself, "wouldn't it be better just to learn this language?" You return the dictionary to the shelf and whip out your smartphone. You enter the Google Play Store and search for "the best App for learning Spanish". Lo and behold, "Babbel" appears. Much more than just a vocabulary trainer or a grammar guide, Babbel offers 7,000 hours (yes, 7,000... And counting!) of language lessons lovingly composed by language experts, each interactive course packed full of grammar activities, vocabulary exercises and pronunciation training by way of intelligent speech recognition. And we offer all this for all levels: Are you a complete beginner? Intermediate? Advanced? Would you like to concentrate on French verb conjugation? Or would you like to do a Spanish tense review? Or do you need to discover what that Italian recipe from your great grandmother Nonna contains? Babbel's language tutorials are arranged thematically, enabling the easy navigation and selection of words and topics, so no more phrasebooks necessary.
"But Babbel's focus on speaking, the wide selection of languages and the modest price make it competitive with both the free Duolingo and the sophisticated but pricey Rosetta Stone." - The Economist (Jun 14th 2013)
Perfect learning App for kids, children, babies, toddlers, infants and adults alike. Learn vocabulary, spelling and alphabet, test your skills with quiz and memory puzzle and pick up new words with the flash cards.
Play and Learn LANGUAGES also available for iPhone and iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/app/play-and-learn-languages/id888166362
There are 8 completely free, fun and colorful packs including animals, food, vegetables, things, fruit, numbers, shapes and colors. Each pack has 15-30 beautiful images in it, and comes in all 23 languages with quality spoken audio. Additional packs include human body, nature, vehicles and more animal packs,such as insects, fish, birds, reptiles, sea animals and American animals.
Available languages are English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Hindi, Arabic, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Czech and Thai.
The App includes 4 learning modes:
-Hundreds of Flash cards for learning vocabulary
-Word Quiz with different difficulty levels
-Memory game with the same words you learned previously, comes in different sizes
-Shuffled letters puzzle to practise letters and help you to learn the spelling of each word.
Available in English, Español, Français, Português, Deutsch, Italiano, Suomi, Svenska, Norsk, Dansk, Nederlands, Русский, Türkçe, Ελληνικά, Magyar, Polski, Čeština, 日本語, 한국어, 中文, हिंदी,ไทย, العربية
- Learn English
- Learn Spanish
- Learn French
- Learn Portuguese
- Learn German
- Learn Italian
- Learn Swedish
- Learn Finnish
- Learn Dutch
- Learn Danish
- Learn Turkish
- Learn Polish
- Learn Thai
- Learn Chinese
Also available for iPhone and iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/app/play-and-learn-languages/id888166362
Mango Languages creates lovable language-learning experiences for language fanatics worldwide. With our Android app, you'll have access to over 60 foreign-language courses and 17 English courses taught in the native language of the user. Each Mango lesson incorporates the four key conversational components crucial for successful communication: vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and culture.
To begin your learning experience with Mango, just log in with your Mango username and password. Not a Mango learner yet? Search within our app to see if your local library provides Mango and login with your library-card number to get started.
Available courses for English speakers:
• Arabic (Egyptian)
• Arabic (Levantine)
• Arabic (Iraqi)
• Arabic (Modern Standard)
• Chinese (Mandarin)
• Farsi (Persian)
• French (Canadian)
• Greek (Ancient)
• Greek (Koine)
• Haitian Creole
• Hebrew (Biblical)
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Scottish Gaelic
• Spanish (Latin America)
• Spanish (Castillian)
Available English courses:
• English for Arabic (Egyptian) Speakers
• English for Arabic (MSA) Speakers
• English for Armenian Speakers
• English for Chinese (Cantonese) Speakers
• English for Chinese (Mandarin) Speakers
• English for French Speakers
• English for German Speakers
• English for Greek Speakers
• English for Italian Speakers
• English for Japanese Speakers
• English for Korean Speakers
• English for Polish Speakers
• English for Portuguese (Brazilian) Speakers
• English for Russian Speakers
• English for Spanish (Latin American) Speakers
• English for Turkish Speakers
• English for Vietnamese Speakers
Available speciality courses:
For the festive:
Carnival of Venice (Italian)
Flamenco (Castilian Spanish)
Horse Race of Siena (Italian)
St. Patrick’s Day (Irish)
For the foodie:
Wine & Cheese (French)
For the learner:
English Loanwords (Japanese)
Mimetic Words (Japanese)
Slang (French Argot, Russian)
Texting (Spanish, ESL Spanish)
For the playful:
Feng Shui (Mandarin Chinese)
Soccer (Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish)
Superstitions (Arabic MSA, Russian)
Texting (Spanish, ESL Spanish)
Zodiac (Mandarin Chinese)
For the professional:
Hospitality & Tourism (Brazilian Portuguese)
Spanish for Librarians
For the romantic:
Etiquette (Arabic MSA)
Romantic Introductions (French, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese)
For the religious:
For the scholarly:
Endangered Languages (Tuvan)
If you have a question, comment, or would just like to say bonjour, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the dialogue exercises, you'll be able to improve both your Spanish comprehension and your speaking skills at the same time.
MosaLingua was designed by a Spanish professor and 2 developers who actually uses MosaLingua on a daily basis.
Learn the essential 20% that will apply 80% of the time. Afterwards you can choose an area of focus that is relevant for you (travel, sports, business, technology...). Spending just 5 minutes per day for two months will allow you to memorize 600 words and key phrases!
Whether you are starting Spanish from scratch or you already know the basics, MosaLingua is adapted to suit your language needs. It's like having your own private tutor in your pocket!
Whether your motivation for learning Spanish is for school (diploma, class, course, SAT, GCSE), vacation, business purposes or simply for the joy of learning, MosaLingua will have you speaking Spanish in no time:
MOSALINGUA CONSISTS OF:
- 3000+ flash cards of vocabulary and phrases, including audio pronunciations by native speakers
- 14 diverse categories (e.g. Accommodation, transportation, shopping, tourism, social, emergencies...)
-more than 100 sub-categories (e.g. At the restaurant, at the hotel, buying and negotiating, sports, partying, flirting...)
- Up to 10 levels to complete, from the basics to more specialized vocabulary
- 17 dialogues presenting common situations that come up on vacation (or when traveling)
- Study lessons and language tips that will aid your progression
- More than 100 bonus materials to unlock as you progress
- Online dictionnary
- Possibility to create your own cards
LEARN THE ESSENTIAL 20% THAT WILL TAKE YOU 80% OF THE WAY:
- Learn the most useful/most used vocab (and the most simple) first
- Learn only the most useful phrases for your studies, for your travel, or for Spanish SAT or GCSE
HIGHLY EFFICIENT AND PROVEN LEARNING METHOD:
MosaLingua uses the Spaced Repetition System (SRS), the product of several years of scientific research
- Calculates review dates for the flash cards according to how difficult you find each one, to encourage efficient and long term memorization
- Spend time learning what you find useful, not what you already know
- MosaLingua constantly adapts to your needs and pace (like a private teacher)
- Use both audio and visual memory
- Sustained learning (long-term memory)
LEARN SPANISH ON THE GO
- You get to decide how long each lesson will be (it doesn't matter whether you have only 2 minutes or more than 30 minutes to spend)
- Automatically adapts to your needs and pace
- You can stop a lesson and then pick up where you left off whenever you want
- You don't need an internet connection, all the lesson and content is available OFFLINE
FUN AND ADDICTIVE
- Unlock bonuses as you progress (dialogues, jokes, fun facts, sayings, tips)
- Learn from dialogues based on realistic situations that you may encounter on vacation
- You'll be amazed at how quickly you will learn new words and how addictive it becomes
- the App keeps track of your progress giving you the motivation you need to succeed
The app is constantly being improved. We take user feedback into account. Free and regular updates are in the works!
If you have a suggestion or need assistance, please click on the customer support link or at http://www.mosalingua.com - you are guaranteed a reply!
Note: All the content listed in this description is already included in the application at no extra cost (in-app purchases are available should you wish to purchase optional content).
Memrise is a Wikipedia of learning: over 300,000 community-created and edited courses to learn:
- Over 180 languages including Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Finnish, Icelandic, Esperanto, Toki Pona and almost any other language you can think of
- Training for SATs, GMAT, TESOL, TOEFL and other standardised tests
- Revision courses for GCSE, A-Level, IBAC and more
- Train your Brain by learning capital cities, history, geography, pub quiz trivia and much more!
Memrise is changing the way millions of people learn... just about anything.
"I just found your app and I love it. Learning new vocabulary is now so much easier for me.” Andrej B, learning French
"My students find it massively addicting” Chris F, A-Level and GCSE Science teacher
"Mems are what I really like about Memrise. They are user-generated images, sentences, explanations and definitions which make a vocabulary item easier to remember.” Wiktor K, learning German
"First I opened a course for curiosity to see how it looks and sounds and then we started laughing together while learning new words.” BM, learning Chinese
WHERE ELSE CAN YOU FIND US?
On the web: www.memrise.com
On Twitter: @memrise
By Email: email@example.com
『KANA test』 You can learn the spell of KANA by the audio tests.
『JLPT vocabulary and test』 You can learn the vocabulary anywhere and anytime by the off-line JLPT vocabulary list, test, stroke and example sentences.
『Daily Expression』 You can learn the usage and pronunciation of number, date and time.
『Wrong test collection』 You can consolidate the learning by the wrong test collection.
This is a free application that you can trust.
More functions is developing, any suggestion or comment is accepted by email.
*For your learning, please unload the old version of this app. You will enjoy better learning experience by this new version.
*Thanks http://www.tanos.co.uk/jlpt/ for providing the JLPT vocabulary.
*Thanks http://kanjivg.tagaini.net/ for providing the stroke data.
*Thanks http://tatoeba.org/ for providing the example sentence.
[Copyright Notice] All copyright of the translation of JLPT in this app belongs to the developer of this app. Any form of copying is refused. Any infringement of this app shall be investigated for legal responsibility.
• Commonly-used English phrases & vocabularies
• Authentic pronunciation
• Easy to store and manage your favorite items
• Font size adjustment
• No Internet connection required
Note that all content in both "Travel" and "Basic" categories are locked in this free version, user can either pay an one-off fee to unlock them permanently or see an advertisement for a free trial.
After installing the app, select your native language and the language you are learning. Choose from the following languages: Bengali, Mandarin Chinese, English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Myanmar, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai and Turkish.
• Discover and review essential words and phrases for preaching and teaching.
• See the content of various tracts in two languages arranged side by side for easy comparison.
• For languages that use writing systems that are not based on the Latin alphabet, Roman alphabet text has been included in all entries.
• Listen to the audio recording of a native speaker for any entry by clicking the play button next to the entry.
• Add entries to your list of favorites by starring highlighting the star symbol.
• Click on any entry to view it in a simple flash card mode.
• Play videos in the language you are learning from within the app.
• More languages
• Enhanced features for the flash card mode.
Here you will learn with easy videos, the most common words in the ASL, and could have a nice conversation with another person that knows this language.
A sign language (also signed language or simply signing) is a language which uses manual communication and body language to convey meaning, as opposed to acoustically conveyed sound patterns. This can involve simultaneously combining hand shapes, orientation and movement of the hands, arms or body, and facial expressions to fluidly express a speaker's thoughts.
A great way to learn sign language. Includes pictures, letters, numbers, and sounds, everything you might want for when you start learning to sign.
Brand New to Our Approach? Get a free 7-day trial to any of our language courses. Love it and only need mobile access? Easily upgrade in-app with exclusive Mobile Only subscriptions! Want to add Basic and Premium web access? There's an option for that, too. *Please note that subscriptions made using the in-app purchases will auto-renew at the end of the subscription period and be charged to your Google Play at confirmation of purchase unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of your current subscription period. Subscriptions made through in-app purchases cannot be cancelled during active subscription period. Please see this article for managing your in-app subscriptions and auto-renewal: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2476088?hl=en
Monthly Premium Access: $24.99/month
Monthly Basic Access: $7.99/month
Monthly Mobile Only Access: $9.99/month
*all amounts are in US dollars
Are you an existing Basic or Premium Member? This is the app you've been waiting for. Simply download the app and log in with your website username and password to access your account. It's that simple!
Start learning today with any one of our languages AVAILABLE NOW:
*JapanesePod101.com *ChineseClass101 *EnglishClass101
*FrenchPod101 *GermanPod101 *ItalianPod101
*KoreanClass101 *RussianPod101 *SpanishPod101
*PortuguesePod101.com *PolishPod101.com *VietnamesePod101.com
*IndonesianPod101.com *FilipinoPod101.com *HindiPod101.com *TurkishClass101.com
*DutchPod101.com *SwedishPod101.com *NorwegianClass101.com
*FinnishPod101.com *HungarianPod101.com *GreekPod101.com
*BulgarianPod101.com *SwahiliPod101.com *CzechClass101.com *DanishClass101.com
- Choose your language and start your 7-Day Free Trial today!
- Convenient Basic and Premium login and profile access for existing 101.com website users
- Full Language Library: New and archived audio and video lesson access covering from Absolute Beginner to Advanced levels
- Innovative Lesson Tools: You get PDF notes, Line-By-Line Transcripts and Vocabulary Lists with audio (Requires active 7-Day Free Trial, Mobile Only, Basic, or Premium Account)
- Multiple Playback Options: Stream lessons over your internet connection or download lessons or even entire series to study offline, on your own time
- Fully Integrated Learning System: Your lesson progress is synced between our websites and the app so you never lose momentum
- Personalized Learning: Curate your own learning plan in My Library. You pick and choose the lessons you want to study.
- 7-Day Free Premium Trial for new users with easy registration sign up in-app, allowing you access to both the app and website
- Exclusive discounted in-app subscription upgrades for mobile users
- Quick Customer Care: Easily report feedback and errors and contact our friendly customer support team from within the app
The Phrasebook provides quick access to the most commonly used phrases needed to learn the basics of a foreign language. It is also an excellent resource for leisure and business travelers that need travel guide assistance when traveling abroad.
The learning categories done by native translators include: Greetings, Directions, People, Places, Date and Time, and Numbers.
Visit the Settings menu to select a language pack to download and start learning your favorite language for free. The Chinese language pack is installed by default.
★ Learn European and Asian languages in the same app
★ No gimmicks to get you to try 3 or 4 categories for free only to have you pay (or register) for the ones you really want!
★ Native translators
★ Six categories and over 225 free learning items total for each language - ~1600 total for all languages combined - and more coming.
★ Default app install includes localization for several languages including English, Chinese (simplified), French, German, Spanish, Korean and Japanese
★ Text and audio - all done by native speakers including Asian language romanization scripts: pinyin (Chinese mandarin), romaji (Japanese), and romaja (Korean)
★ Multiple languages to learn - all in one app!
★ Auto play feature lets you watch and listen without any interaction
★ Easy to use user interface
★ No more installing multiple apps to learn the languages you like
★ Install language audio packs individually to save storage space and time downloading
★ Phone and tablet support
★ Text is selectable so you can share it
★ Works offline too
★ Quiz yourself to see how much you learned - or just for fun!
Languages available to learn:
★ Chinese (mandarin/simplified)
The app is localized for the following languages:
- Chinese (simplified)
Please email us feature requests or bugs you find.