Sophos Intercept X for Mobile delivers industry leading protection against malware and other mobile threats. The app has consistently achieved a 100% protection score in AV-TEST’s comparison of the top Android security and antivirus apps.
Full features, no advertising, all free
Sophos is an IT security leader for companies and governments worldwide. This app comprehensively protects your Android device and your privacy without impacting performance or battery life.
• Scan apps and storage media for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Block web pages with malicious, undesirable or illegal content.
• Check links you tap in non-browser apps for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Protect apps with a password.
• Check your connection for man-in-the-middle attacks.
• List apps that access your personal data or that could create costs.
• Get advice on how to improve device security.
Secure QR Code Scanner
• Perform security checks when scanning QR codes that include URLs, contacts, or Wi-Fi connection data.
• Store all your account data in a KeePass-compatible password database.
• Generate time-based (TOTP, RFC 6238) and counter-based (HOTP, RFC 4226) one-time passwords for multi-factor authentication.
• Connect the app to Sophos Mobile to enable your organization to manage your device.
• Permissions are required to monitor incoming data, and to detect and stop threats. More info: https://sophos.com/kb/117499
• When you turn on App Protection, the app uses the Device Administrator permission.
• The Wi-Fi Security feature needs the location permission to get the name of the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to, even when the app is running in the background. The app doesn’t actually access or track your location.
• When you turn on Web Filtering, the app uses the Android Accessibility Service API to check links you open in supported web browsers. The app sends link addresses to SophosLabs to check for malicious, undesirable, or illegal content. Depending on the app settings, such content is blocked. No personal information is collected.
Battery and data usage
• Malware definitions update once a day to keep you protected. This uses a small amount of data.
• The initial full scan of every installed app causes a one-time increase in battery usage.
• The app doesn't store your web browsing history.
• When the app is managed by Sophos Mobile, your organization can see details about web pages the app has blocked or warned about.
• Knowledge base: https://community.sophos.com/kb?TopicId=1294
• Support forum: https://community.sophos.com/products/mobile-device-protection/f/18