BasicAirData GPS Logger is a simple App to record your position and your path.
It's a basic and lightweight GPS tracker focused on accuracy, with an eye to power saving.
This app is very accurate in determining your altitude: enable EGM96 automatic altitude correction on settings!
You can record all your trips, view them with any installed viewer, directly from the in-app tracklist, and share them in KML, GPX, and TXT format in many ways.
The app is 100% Free and Open Source.
- A modern UI, with a low consumption dark theme and a tabbed interface
- Foreground & Background Recording (On Android 6+ please turn off all battery monitoring and optimizations for this app!!)
- Placemarks creation also meanwhile recording
- Visualization of GPS information
- Manual Altitude Correction (adding an overall offset)
- Automatic Altitude Correction, based on NGA EGM96 Earth Geoid Model (Enable it on Settings!!!)
- Real time track statistics
- In-app tracklist showing the list of recorded tracks
- Visualization of your tracks using any installed KML/GPX viewer, directly from the Tracklist
- Track exportation, in the /GPSLogger folder of your device, in KML, GPX, and TXT
- Track sharing, in KML, GPX, and TXT format, via E-mail, Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP, ...
- Uses Metric, Imperial, or Nautical units
USE IT TO:
☆ Keep track of your trips
☆ Make accurate static and dynamic measurements
☆ Add your placemarks, to remember the best places you've seen
☆ GeoTag your photos
☆ Share your tracks with your friends
☆ Collaborate to OpenStreetMap map editing
The translation of this app is based on users contribution. Everyone can freely help in translations using Crowdin (https://crowdin.com/project/gpslogger).
Problems with this app? Read the most frequently asked question! (https://github.com/BasicAirData/GPSLogger/blob/master/readme.md#frequently-asked-questions).
- Copyright (C) 2016 BasicAirData - http://www.basicairdata.eu
- For additional information please see http://www.basicairdata.eu/projects/android/android-gps-logger/
- This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. See the GNU General Public License for more details: http://www.gnu.org/licenses.
- You can view and download the source code of this app on GitHub: https://github.com/BasicAirData/GPSLogger
- When The EGM96 Automatic Correction is enabled for the first time into the Setting Screen, the geoid Height file is downloaded from the NGA/NASA website. (File size: 2 MB).