Allows you to adjust settings for a SOTABEAMS WSPRlite.
A WSPRlite is a low power amateur radio transmitter, useful for testing and comparison of antennas - see https://www.sotabeams.co.uk/wsprlite-antenna-tester/ for details. This app is only useful if you have a WSPRlite, and works with both types of WSPRlite (Classic and Flexi).
Your Android device must support USB On-The-Go (OTG), and you will need a USB OTG cable (such as http://www.sotabeams.co.uk/on-the-go-lead-for-wsprlite-to-go/) to connect the Android device to your WSPRlite.
- Adjust all the same settings as the desktop config program, including callsign, locator, band, and power level
- Automatically calculate the locator based on your current position
- Automatically start the WSPRlite at the correct time (network connection required)
- Open DXplorer.net in a browser to view statistics about where your transmissions have been received
- Update WSPRlite firmware
Note: Using the autostart function and powering a WSPRlite from your Android device is a great option for short periods of operating in the field. But be aware that using a WSPRlite powered from your phone will drain your phone battery faster!
After programming you can still start the WSPRlite manually using the push-button on the device (see http://dxplorer.net/wsprlite/ for instructions). If starting it manually, we recommend using https://time.is/ or similar to check the current time, as the system clock on a phone can be a bit inaccurate.
- Location: for calculating Maidenhead grid locator based on current position
- Network access: for firmware updates, and checking the current time for autostart
- Write to storage: for caching downloaded firmware updates
- Prevent device from sleeping: for autostart function, to make sure that the start occurs at the correct time and is not delayed by the phone sleeping
This app uses the following libraries:
https://github.com/felHR85/UsbSerial - MIT license
https://github.com/alt236/USB-Device-Info---Android/ - Apache 2.0 license