The Message Box app can only be used in combination with the DigiD app. The DigiD app must be on the same device and you use the PIN of the DigD app to open the Message Box app.
With the app you have access to the inbox, archive and trash can of your Message Box on MyGovernment. You can read and move messages to the archive or trash. If a message has an attachment, you can forward it, save it or open it in another app. In the app you can see which new organizations have started using the Message Box and you can indicate whether these organizations are allowed to send mail digitally to you. Currently it is not yet possible to adjust your preferences for organizations that are already affiliated. You can log in to this on the website of mijn.overheid.nl.
DATA PROCESSING & PRIVACY
When you use the MyGovernment Message Box app, certain personal data is processed. When you log in, your BSN will be sent to MijnOverheid via DigiD. To show the data from your MyGovernment account in the Message Box app, a notification token, a user token and an encryption token are used.
By using the Message Box app, you agree to this processing, which is also subject to the provisions below.
• The user's personal data is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the privacy statement on the MijnOverheid website (mijn.overheid.nl/privacy). Rules about the processing of personal data by MijnOverheid are included in the Decree
processing personal data generic digital infrastructure. Rules about the operation, security and reliability of MijnOverheid are
included in the GDI Facilities Regulation (mijn.overheid.nl/wet-en-reglement).
• MijnOverheid (part of Logius) has taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful
processing of the user's personal data.
• The Berichtenbox app complies with security measures that are comparable to the security measures of the MijnOverheid website.
The Message Box app also uses the security mechanisms of the operating system.
• The user is responsible for the security of his mobile device.
• For the Message Box app, updates can be downloaded and installed from the app store from time to time. These updates are intended to update the
Improve, expand or further develop Message Box app and may include bug fixes, advanced features,
new software modules or completely new versions. Without these updates, the Message Box app may or may not function properly.
• MijnOverheid (part of Logius) reserves the right to (temporarily) stop offering the Berichtenbox app in the app store or stopping the operation of the Berichtenbox app without stating reasons.