This app “Bluetooth Monitor” handles services of Bluetooth devices, both classic as well as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). While scanning, a remote device can be selected resulting in een overview of its offered services. All characteristics of a selected service are listed, including values of readable characteristics. Notified characteristics are updated when received. Certain services are elaborated, enumerating there (parts of) characteristics in detail. These services are: Device Information, Battery Service, Heart Rate.
The Bluetooth Monitor is able to act as a client as well as a server. It can listen to a service, chosen in the Settings Screen. In particular, the SerialPort service has been implemented. This allows 2 devices to exchange text messages. So, when acting as a client : select the SerialPort service of a connected device. Or, when acting as a server: choose the (default) SerialPort service via Settings and then switch Listen ON in the Overview Screen.
* switch Bluetooth ON/OFF,
* make device discoverable,
* scan for remote devices,
* listen to client services,
* show bonded or available remote devices,
* show services of remote devices,
* connect to remote device,
* show characteristics of a connected device,
* show read or notified characteristic values,
* show details of services:
- Device Information,
- Battery Service,
- Heart Rate,
* establish a session via SerialPort service with remote device,
* exchange text messages via SerialPort service,
* cache addresses of BLE devices for quickly connecting,
* optionally switch on Bluetooth at startup,
* configure discoverable duration,
* configure BLE Scan duration,
* configure to scan for classic or BLE devices,
* configure connection security,
* configure the service to listen for,
* clear all cached addresses.
Requires Android 4.3 or higher.