The nRF Toolbox is a container app that stores your Nordic Semiconductor apps for Bluetooth Low Energy in one location.
It contains applications demonstrating Bluetooth LE profiles: Cycling Speed and Cadence, Running Speed and Cadence, Heart Rate Monitor, Blood Pressure Monitor, Health Thermometer Monitor, Glucose Monitor, Continuous Glucose Monitor and Proximity Monitor. Since version 1.10.0 the nRF Toolbox supports also the Nordic UART Service which may be used for bidirectional text communication between devices. Version 1.16.0 added Android Wear support for the UART profile. The UI allows one to create configurable remote control with UART interface.
The Device Firmware Update (DFU) profile allows one to upload the application, bootloader and/or the Soft Device image over-the-air (OTA). It is compatible with Nordic Semiconductor nRF5 devices.
The DFU has the following features:
- Scans for devices that are in DFU mode
- Connects to devices in DFU mode and uploads the selected firmware (soft device, bootloader and/or application)
- Allows HEX or BIN file upload through your phone or tablet
- Allows to update a soft device and bootloader from ZIP in one connection
- Pause, resume, and cancel file uploads
- Includes pre-installed examples that consist of the Bluetooth low energy heart rate service and running speed and cadence service
- Android 4.3 or newer is required.
- Compatible with nRF5 devices
- The development kits can be ordered from http://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Buy-Online .
- The nRF51 and nRF52 SDK and SoftDevices are available online from http://developer.nordicsemi.com
- The source code of nRF Toolbox is available on GitHub: https://github.com/NordicSemiconductor/Android-nRF-Toolbox