Get access to the world’s largest network of professional weather and lightning sensors for the most accurate forecasts, the fastest severe weather alerts and more.
Only WeatherBug provides exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts for your current and saved locations. Find out exactly how far away lightning is to you and stay safer!
Know Before with these useful features:
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – The industry’s most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes matter. Our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide you 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition. Plus, you get all National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get real-time, minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning monitoring from the WeatherBug Total Lightning Network.
• Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before 10 days ahead.
• Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers, such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel tomorrow's cookout? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Know Before Messages - Messages will appear when we need to tell you something, from lightning in your area to new content.
• Photo Section & Albums – View amazing photos from WeatherBug users! Now categorized into albums, finding awesome photos has never been quicker or easier. Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery.
• Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users.
• Spotlight section – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Customizable Home Screen – Customize your home screen with newly added background themes and rearrange your live tiles to get the info that matters the most to you at-a-glance.
• Multiple Language Support – Get forecasts and alerts for your neighborhood and the world in Spanish and Portuguese!
• My Location – Automatically updates your weather information based on the closest weather station in your neighborhood through GPS.
• Multiple Saved Locations – Save all your locations without any restrictions.
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
Earth Networks, Taking the Pulse of the Planet®!
For an annual subscription of $2.99 (plus tax), you will gain access to lightning strike data and see a map of current lightning strikes for your location within 50 miles
Weather Alerts from the National Weather Service (NWS) - weather alerts will display current severe weather watches and warnings on the map and display details about the weather event. You will also receive notifications if there is a severe warning for your selected location
Lighting Map - Lightning strikes will be displayed on the map within 30 minutes of the recorded lightning strike.
-- Red Lighting Strikes = 0 - 5 Minutes
-- Yellow Lighting Strikes = 6 - 10 Minutes
-- Blue Lightning Strikes = 11 - 15 Minutes
-- Black Lightning Strikes = 16 - 30 Minutes
Thunderstorm Map - Storm tracks for nexrad radar detected thunderstorms
-- Black Square = Thunderstorm
-- Yellow Square = Hailstorm
-- Yellow Diamond = Mesocyclone
-- Purple Triangle = Tornado
Thunderstorm Alerts - thunderstorm alerts will allow you to automatically send thunderstorm detection to your notification bar every 1, 5,10, 15, or 30 minutes so you do not have to keep checking the map in order to see thunderstorms near your location. (WiFi/Data and GPS must be enabled for this to work)
-- Green Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 30 Miles
-- Yellow Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 20 Miles
-- Orange Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 10 Miles
-- Red Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 5 Miles
Lightning Alerts - Lightning alerts will allow you to automatically send lighting strike detection to your notification bar every 1, 5,10, 15, or 30 minutes so you do not have to keep checking the lightning map in order to see lightning strikes near your location. (WiFi/Data and GPS must be enabled for this to work)
-- Green Notifications = Lightning Within 30 Miles
-- Yellow Notifications = Lightning Within 20 Miles
-- Orange Notifications = Lightning Within 10 Miles
-- Red Notifications = Lightning Within 5 Miles
Thunderstorm and Lighting Strike Proximity Detection - If a thunderstorm or lightning is detected within a radius of 5, 10, 20, or 30 miles you will automatically receive a notification in the notification bar that the thunderstorm or lightning is within that selected radius on the map.
Lightning strikes will only be visible within a 50 mile radius of your location.
Radar Overlay - Show real-time nexrad radar composite reflectivity for the United States
Current Conditions - Displays the current weather conditions which include: Nearest Thunderstorm Detection (experimental) , Storm Intensity, Chance of Rain/Thunderstorms, Temperature and Feels Like Temperature, Dew Point, Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Visibility, Cloud Cover, Atmospheric Pressure, and O-Zone
48 hour (hourly) Forecast - Current Conditions view includes an interactive 48 hour (hourly) forecast
7day forecast - List view of the forecasted weather for the next 7 days
Weather Links - Weather links for a full map analysis of the current and forecasted weather which include advanced weather forcast overlays
Send Feature requests to:
Fun and educational, it's also useful for outdoor activities where lightning may be a hazard (handy for lifeguards, referees, playground helpers, etc.).
Not recommended for artillery spotting...
Suggestions welcome - please email me.
This App will never contain annoying ads - ever!
**** SECURITY NOTICE ****
Lightning uses the following permissions ONLY:
Modify/delete SD card contents. Not that it really *does* anything with the SD card...
Prevent phone from sleeping
Read phone state and identity
The last one is a result of building for Android 1.6 compatibility - Lightning does *NOT* actually access the phone information in any way.
This app features
• Location of lightning strikes
• Thundery showers forecast
• Weather Radar Rain Area
• Push notification Alert for lightning and thundery showers
• Voice Alert (only when the app is on foreground)
For a full suite of information and online services, please visit http://www.nea.gov.sg or follow NEAsg on Twitter to receive more updates.
Formed on 1 July 2002, the National Environment Agency (NEA) is the leading public organization responsible for improving and sustaining a clean and green environment in Singapore. The NEA develops and spearheads environmental initiatives and programmes through its partnership with the People, Public and Private sectors. It is committed to motivating every individual to take up environmental ownership and to care for the environment as a way of life.
By protecting Singapore's resources from pollution, maintaining a high level of public health and providing timely meteorological information, the NEA endeavours to ensure sustainable development and a quality living environment for present and future generations.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- This app is not suitable for mission critical services.
This application is a service of the Singapore Government.
How to use:
Press the lightning button when you see the flash then press the thunder when you hear the rumble.
* You can check distance on graph to know if thunder is coming to you
* You can check thunder area on map based on your GPS location and storm distance
thunder, storm, lightning, calculator
Involve yourself as weather detector and benefit from the network. The Google Maps-based map shows the weather data to meter precision.
- Global realtime weatherdetails
- Alarts for rain, snow, ice, storms, hail and fog possible
- Several widgets for your homescreen example radar
- Send-weather-funktion, tell everybody the weather at your place
- Much alarm and warn options, like speech alarm
- You can define as much alarms as you want to
The base of this app is google-maps.
The app is still under development, looking have a look on our Facebook page:
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
Lightning Finder displays current lightning strikes in near real time for the contiguous 48 States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, portions of Central America and the Caribbean Islands for one year from your purchase date, renewable annually.
Unlike other lightning applications, we offer a complete national lightning strike map designed for full resolution on your mobile device. Use standard gestures to move around the national map, pinch to zoom in and out. Investigate storm cells and lightning strikes nationwide with radar and cloud cover overlays as well as radar looping. The map can be viewed in Standard, Satellite or Hybrid mode. All strikes are colored coded so you can visually determine its age. Red is 0-5 minutes, orange 5-15 minutes and yellow is older than 15 minutes.
Use your current location or press and hold the map to display detailed lightning information with a displayable safety perimeter showing the 3, 6 and 10 mile safety boundaries. All strikes within a 25 mile radius of your current location or configured zip code are displayed with full accuracy. Outside of your area, regional strikes are displayed with 10 mile resolution. You may change your zip code as often as you like to view areas of interest.
Use the included alarm service to configure Text Messaging alerts based on your location or configured zip code. This service will send an SMS message to your phone when lightning is detected within your safety perimeter. All major carriers are supported for Text Messaging.
Lightning data is provided in 'near real time' by the North American Precision Lightning Network. Lightning data is not guaranteed nor is the timeliness of delivery. Do not use this application for personal safety. This application only maps lightning strikes that have already occurred and does not predict future strikes or locations.
-Near real time lightning map of the contiguous 48 States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, portions of Central America and the Caribbean Islands
-Full map features and standard gestures
-Radar and Cloud Cover (Infrared) overlays
-Color coded strikes.
-Text message alerts
Lightning Finder is now a subscription based service so you get one full year of service from your purchase date or renew date. Each year of service is $5.99 and is charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
With different lightning colors you can predict the direction of a storm.
Available countries: Poland, Great Britain, Germany, Switzerland, Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg).
Interface available in English and Polish.
Usage of Blids.de maps by Storm Spy has been approved by Siemens AG.
Dzięki mapie burzowej możesz na bieżąco śledzić gdzie są aktualnie wyładowania atmosferyczne nad Polską oraz całą Europą. Dodatkowo masz możliwość sprawdzenia aktualnej pogody w dowolnym miejscu na świecie.
Program pozwala na obserwację w którą stronę przesuwa się burza dzięki różnym kolorom punktów symbolizujących miejsca uderzeń piorunów. Znaczenie kolorów opisane jest w legendzie.
Aplikacja prezentuje gdzie jest aktualnie burza na dwóch rodzajach map:
- interaktywnej mapie Polski i Europy
- statycznych mapach burzowych z serwisów Blitzortung, Blids oraz Burze.dzis.net
Na mapach interaktywnych miejsce w którym aktualnie znajdujesz się oznaczone jest ludzikiem.
W przypadku wolnego łącza internetowego może się zdarzyć, że mapa nie w pełni się wyświetli lub będzie pokazywać nieaktualne dane, należy wtedy przesunąć ją trochę palcem lub nacisnąć na przycisk "odśwież".
Dane pochodzą z serwisów blitzortung.org, blids.de, burze.dzis.net, Google Weather oraz Open Street Map.
Es gibt Unwetterwarnungen für alle Landkreise und eine Wochenvorhersage der möglichen Unwetter Gefahren (Gewitter, Hagel, Schnee, Eis, Sturm oder was auch immer).
Zusätzlich kann ein Hintergrundservice aktiviert werden, der regelmäßig die Wetterwarnungen checkt und eine Unwetterwarung im Display des Handys zeigt. Hierzu muss die App nicht gestartet sein. Hier wird die Region verwendet die im Regionenfenster ausgewählt wurde. Eine zweite Region kann in den Einstellungen aktiviert werden.
Warnungen können auch in einem Widget dargestellt werden. Funktioniert nur wenn die App NICHT auf der SD-Karte installiert ist. Aktualisierung des Widgets aktuell fix 60 Minuten.
Die App funktioniert aktuell NUR für Deutschland.
Dies ist KEINE offizielle App des DWD sondern lediglich eine optimierter Browser mit praktischen Zusatzfunktionen.
Schlechte Bewertungen helfen nicht die App zu verbessern, schickt mir lieber Fehlermeldungen oder Wünsche!
Für die Qualität der Meldungen übernehme ich keine Verantwortung.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
• User controllable alerts - Allow the selection of all alerts or just critical alerts
• Single activity scrolling menu