Fun and educational, it's also useful for outdoor activities where lightning may be a hazard (handy for lifeguards, referees, playground helpers, etc.).
Not recommended for artillery spotting...
Suggestions welcome - please email me.
This App will never contain annoying ads - ever!
**** SECURITY NOTICE ****
Lightning uses the following permissions ONLY:
Modify/delete SD card contents. Not that it really *does* anything with the SD card...
Prevent phone from sleeping
Read phone state and identity
The last one is a result of building for Android 1.6 compatibility - Lightning does *NOT* actually access the phone information in any way.
This app features
• Location of lightning strikes
• Thundery showers forecast
• Weather Radar Rain Area
• Push notification Alert for lightning and thundery showers
• Voice Alert (only when the app is on foreground)
For a full suite of information and online services, please visit http://www.nea.gov.sg or follow NEAsg on Twitter to receive more updates.
Formed on 1 July 2002, the National Environment Agency (NEA) is the leading public organization responsible for improving and sustaining a clean and green environment in Singapore. The NEA develops and spearheads environmental initiatives and programmes through its partnership with the People, Public and Private sectors. It is committed to motivating every individual to take up environmental ownership and to care for the environment as a way of life.
By protecting Singapore's resources from pollution, maintaining a high level of public health and providing timely meteorological information, the NEA endeavours to ensure sustainable development and a quality living environment for present and future generations.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- This app is not suitable for mission critical services.
This application is a service of the Singapore Government.
Get access to the world’s largest network of professional weather and lightning sensors for the most accurate forecasts, the fastest severe weather alerts and more.
Only WeatherBug provides exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts for your current and saved locations. Find out exactly how far away lightning is to you and stay safer!
Know Before with these useful features:
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – The industry’s most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes matter. Our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide you 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition. Plus, you get all National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get real-time, minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning monitoring from the WeatherBug Total Lightning Network.
• Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before 10 days ahead.
• Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers, such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel tomorrow's cookout? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Know Before Messages - Messages will appear when we need to tell you something, from lightning in your area to new content.
• Photo Section & Albums – View amazing photos from WeatherBug users! Now categorized into albums, finding awesome photos has never been quicker or easier. Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery.
• Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users.
• Spotlight section – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Customizable Home Screen – Customize your home screen with newly added background themes and rearrange your live tiles to get the info that matters the most to you at-a-glance.
• Multiple Language Support – Get forecasts and alerts for your neighborhood and the world in Spanish and Portuguese!
• My Location – Automatically updates your weather information based on the closest weather station in your neighborhood through GPS.
• Multiple Saved Locations – Save all your locations without any restrictions.
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
Earth Networks, Taking the Pulse of the Planet®!
How to use:
Press the lightning button when you see the flash then press the thunder when you hear the rumble.
* You can check distance on graph to know if thunder is coming to you
* You can check thunder area on map based on your GPS location and storm distance
thunder, storm, lightning, calculator
Involve yourself as weather detector and benefit from the network. The Google Maps-based map shows the weather data to meter precision.
- Global realtime weatherdetails
- Alarts for rain, snow, ice, storms, hail and fog possible
- Several widgets for your homescreen example radar
- Send-weather-funktion, tell everybody the weather at your place
- Much alarm and warn options, like speech alarm
- You can define as much alarms as you want to
The base of this app is google-maps.
The app is still under development, looking have a look on our Facebook page:
ThundAlert perfectly complements your allround weather apps!
How does it work?
ThundAlert always knows exactly where thunderstorms are and in which direction they will be moving within the next hour. But ThundAlert does not provide a weather forecast like other weather apps. This is because the company nowcast professionally measures the actual strokes of lightning in real time and has developed the unique "Nowcasting" algorithm, which is able to calculate the direction of movement of a storm cell by up to an hour in advance. In this manner, ThundAlert can depict the storm cells and inform you as to whether and, in particular, when you may be threatened by a storm. The degree of precision offered by this function is unparalleled!
ThundAlert helps people outdoors in detecting dangerous storms in good time, thus enabling them to get to safety.
3 danger levels
• Green danger level: No danger – there is no thunderstorm close to you; existing thunderstorm reports do not overlap with your location.
• Amber danger level: Caution – a storm cell is moving towards the user and will reach your position in less than 60 minutes. Or: Although a passing thunderstorm is currently not moving in your direction, it is nearby (about 25 km away).
• Red danger level: Life-threatening situation – at least one storm cell is closer than 10 km or already above you.
ThundAlert promptly sends you a push notification for every danger level in order to warn you. In addition, a map of Europe provides you with a view of the thunderstorm situation throughout the country at any time. Including the one-hour forecast!
Who is the app for?
For outdoor enthusiasts such as anglers, mountain-climbers, cyclists, golfers, festival organizers and visitors, motorcyclists, sailing buffs, surfers, paragliders, horse-riders, hikers, water-sports enthusiasts, campers and everyone whose job involves spending time outdoors frequently or to a large extent.
Overview of functions
push notification as soon as the risk of a storm threatens the location in question
map of Europe for an overview of the current storm situation over Europe
area map for an overview of the storm situation at the user's own location
This app currently supports the following regions: Germany, Austria, Switzerland
It costs €2.69 and dispenses with a commitment to a subscription! Updates take place automatically and at no extra charge.
In order to ensure proper functioning of this app, an active cell phone connection is necessary
This app can provide you with useful warnings only if you (a) disclose your location and (b) allow for push notifications.
Please check read our FAQ’s for more detailed info
ThundAlert is licensed for private use only. For professional use please get in touch with nowcast GmbH.
nowcast GmbH assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims against nowcast GmbH in relation to damage of a material or non-material nature – in particular injury to persons or damage to property due to lightning – which is incurred through the use or non-use of the information provided, or through the use of erroneous and incomplete information shall, as a principle, be excluded, to the extent that nowcast GmbH cannot be demonstrably held responsible therefor, whether with intent or in gross negligence.
Weather & Clock Widget for Android comes with different widget sizes, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2 and 4x3 for normal screens, and 5x1, 5x2 and 5x3 for large screens and tablets.
Weather & Clock Widget for Android supports a wide range of Android phones; it supports Android Version 2.3 and higher.
- Provides current weather condition and five days weather forecast
- 10-Day and Hourly Weather with precipitation
- Sunrise and Sunset time
- Atmospheric pressure with different units
- Temperature in status bar
- Share weather and location information with friends.
- Home screen widgets, 5x3, 5x2, 5x1 for large screen only and 4x3, 4x2, 4x1 and 2x1 for all screens.
- Searches for all cities in the world by country and city or zip code
- Ability to set your internet source to Wi-Fi only
- Ability to disable internet access from operators while you are in roaming
- Ability to set your preferred temperature unit, Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Automatic update intervals are: 1, 3, 6, 9, 12 hours and Manual update.
- Auto location detection
- Up to 10 different locations
- Weather map with ability to add any city to your city list
- Notification alerts (with option to disable it)
- Moon phase
- UV Index and Dew Point
- Available in: English, Dansk, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Български, Suomi, Norsk Bokmål, Nederlands, Slovenčina, Slovenščina, Svenska, Română, العربية, كوردى, ئۇيغۇرچە, Français, Hrvatski, Türkçe, Čeština, Español, Català, Italiano, Português, Magyar, Македонски, Pусский, Українська, Қазақ тілі, Polski, Português(Brasil), Српски, Lietuvių, հայերեն, Indonesia, Việt, 日本語, 中文 (简体), 中文 (繁體), 한국어.
For any questions or issues, please visit FAQ page at: http://www.devexpert.net/weather
* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Weatherproof your day for free with these features:
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• MinuteCast widget now available. Also available, homescreen widget displaying two-day forecasts with severe weather warnings for your GPS location and a time clock. Resizable, multi-location widgets also available with even more weather detail.
• For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms, you’ll see an orange exclamation point displayed within the location’s current and 15-day screens.
• Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States.
• Radar for all of North America and Europe, and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™ with a snapshot view of the maps for your saved locations.
• Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
• Social media sharing so you can share your location’s current conditions, hourly, or 15-day forecasts using the social media apps you have on your device.
You also get the accurate, local weather forecasts and customization you expect from AccuWeather:
• Accurate and local forecasts for every latitude/longitude on Earth. Forecasts update every 15 minutes with information for the next 15 days – all in 33 languages and dialects.
• Current weather conditions update every 15 minutes with the very latest humidity and precipitation percentages, dew point, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® – AccuWeather’s exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple weather factors to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
• Local weather forecast summaries that provide an overview of the next five days’ weather forecast along with a description of the most dramatic weather event expected during the five days.
• Status bar on the homescreen displaying the current temperature for your current or home location.
• Ability to store an unlimited amount of locations.
• Choice between metric or imperial units, 12-hour or 24-hour time display, and portrait or landscape view.
Please note: Sunrise and sunset times are found in Daily Details which can be viewed by tapping on daily forecast. Also, AccuWeather Holo Dark and Light widgets display RealFeel® and occupy only the 4x1 space.
Download AccuWeather for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.
For an annual subscription of $2.99 (plus tax), you will gain access to lightning strike data and see a map of current lightning strikes for your location within 50 miles
Lighting Map - Lightning strikes will be displayed on the map within 30 minutes of the recorded lightning strike.
-- Red Lighting Strikes = 0 - 5 Minutes
-- Yellow Lighting Strikes = 6 - 10 Minutes
-- Blue Lightning Strikes = 11 - 15 Minutes
-- Black Lightning Strikes = 16 - 30 Minutes
Thunderstorm Map - Storm tracks for radar detected thunderstorms
-- Black Square = Thunderstorm
-- Yellow Square = Hailstorm
-- Yellow Diamond = Mesocyclone
-- Purple Triangle = Tornado
Thunderstorm Alerts - thunderstorm alerts will allow you to automatically send thunderstorm detection to your notification bar every 1, 5,10, 15, or 30 minutes so you do not have to keep checking the map in order to see thunderstorms near your location. (WiFi/Data and GPS must be enabled for this to work)
-- Green Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 30 Miles
-- Yellow Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 20 Miles
-- Orange Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 10 Miles
-- Red Notifications = Thunderstorm Within 5 Miles
Lightning Alerts - Lightning alerts will allow you to automatically send lighting strike detection to your notification bar every 1, 5,10, 15, or 30 minutes so you do not have to keep checking the lightning map in order to see lightning strikes near your location. (WiFi/Data and GPS must be enabled for this to work)
-- Green Notifications = Lightning Within 30 Miles
-- Yellow Notifications = Lightning Within 20 Miles
-- Orange Notifications = Lightning Within 10 Miles
-- Red Notifications = Lightning Within 5 Miles
Thunderstorm and Lighting Strike Proximity Detection - If a thunderstorm or lightning is detected within a radius of 5, 10, 20, or 30 miles you will automatically receive a notification in the notification bar that the thunderstorm or lightning is within that selected radius on the map.
Lightning strikes will only be visible within a 50 mile radius of your location.
Radar Overlay - Show real-time radar for the United States
Current Conditions - Displays the current weather conditions which include: Nearest Thunderstorm Detection (experimental) , Storm Intensity, Chance of Rain/Thunderstorms, Temperature and Feels Like Temperature, Dew Point, Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Visibility, Cloud Cover, Atmospheric Pressure, and O-Zone
48 hour (hourly) Forecast - Current Conditions view includes an interactive 48 hour (hourly) forecast
Weather Links - Weather links for a full map analysis of the current and forecasted weather which include advanced weather forcast overlays
Send Feature requests to:
The Weather app is specifically designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible. With just one click you receive the weather condition in your status bar at your current location.
The climate state is gorgeously animated so that you can almost experience it, seeing how the weather comes alive.
The app is using Weather Underground as a data channel and the live updates are really tiny so that you would not use up your data cap.
- Weather supports geo-positioning, retrieving the latest weather conditions for your current location
- An option to manually add your location
- Full support for Android TV
- Add and track the weather conditions in multiple locations
- Weather is one of the most lightweight weather apps on Google Play!
- Animated weather conditions - see how the weather comes alive!
- Widgets for different locations
- Hourly and weekly forecasts
- Intuitive, seamless user interface
- Support for the lock screen widget in Android 4.2
- Weather benefits all known screen resolutions
- Offers quality support for Android devices - from Android 1.5 to Android 5.0
- Tap on the temperature to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- You can allow and disable the notifications
- Choose by yourself what will be the next feature of Weather! Leave a comment or send us an e-mail and help us make Weather the best app of its kind.
Get in touch with us and follow the latest news regarding our apps:
- Gorgeous and realistic animations of weather conditions
- See at a glance the next weather condition change
- Updated continuously
- Accurate hourly forecasts for the next 10 days
- Fast, beautiful and simple to use
- Detailed forecasts on rain, ice, snow, fog, wind, storm, dew point, UV index, humidity, pressure
- Highest and lowest historical values
- Satellite and radar map animations
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Live Wallpaper
- Weather in notification area and temperature in status bar
- Great widget for your home screen
And it’s all free.
Try it now !
Cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin and all the others!
Hourly detailed forecast for today and tomorrow, detailed forecast every 3 hours during the rest of the week as well as a prediction for the next week.
Very complete and easy application.
Multiple weather variables are available:
- Prediction symbol
- Maximum temperatures, daily minimum and hourly current temperature and wind chill.
- Wind speed and direction, including maximum gusts.
- Expected rain.
- Snow line.
- Relative humidity.
It also provides additional relevant information as the sunrise/sunset and moon phase (including the moonrise/moonset and lighting rate)
You can also check our animated prediction maps that provide precipitations, temperature, pressure, snow, etc.. besides from multiple satellite images and rain radar.
And you can also view a nationwide map of weather risk alerts easily interpretable according to risk level.
In addition, you can add a weather widget to see your city forecast to five days directly on your device screen, with optional time and weather forecasting widget.
This application is fully optimized for both smartphones and tablets.