Visit panoramas of over 14,000 places and view 31,000 stereoscopic photos from Flickr in virtual reality. This is an unofficial VR viewer for Flickr, and lets you browse the work of hundreds of panorama and 3d photo artists. Code at http://git.io/vCm06. Please rate the app to help guide the programming and other users.
Steps to start viewing photos:
1. Press the "Install" button.
2. After the installation is complete, start the "Panoramas from Flickr" application on your phone.
3. Insert your phone into a Google Cardboard (or similar) viewer. Get your viewer at https://goo.gl/5OgX7A (decent viewers cost between US $20 - $30).
4. Enjoy the view of a panoramic photo from Flickr!
5. To view a different photo, push down and leave the trigger on your Cardboard TWICE (like a double click). Or you can also press "Fire1" TWICE on your bluetooth controller.
6. Please visit the authors of the photos to show your support for their work!
7. (Experimental) Tilt phone by 90 degrees (like the Cardboard demo app) to view endless 3d images (31,254 photos indexed).
8. (Experimental) Tilt phone by 90 degrees AGAIN to view 3d panoramas (15 photos indexed). Finally, tilt phone by 90 degrees AGAIN to return to normal endless panoramas.
Tip: Increase your screen brightness for best results.
1. This is a beta test version to seek feedback, so if you encounter problems please let me know your problem and phone model in the comments. This will help me fix the problem.
2. The photos are owned by their respective credited authors. 'Virtual Places' is only a viewing tool for such photos, and does not own or profit from them.
3. This application is not affiliated with Flickr.
4. 'Virtual Places' does not filter or censor photos from Flickr. Some user-supplied content from Flickr may be unsuitable for minors, parental guidance is advised.
1. To view a different photo, push down and leave the trigger TWICE (like a double click). Or press "Fire1" on your controller TWICE.
2. To look behind you, push down and leave the trigger ONCE and wait for a second. Or press "Fire1" on your controller ONCE, and wait for a second.
3. Switching modes:
3a. Tilt phone by 90 degrees ONCE to view 3d images.
3b. Tilt phone by 90 degrees AGAIN to view 3d panoramas.
3c. Tilt phone by 90 degrees AGAIN to return to regular panoramas.