Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit: https://support.signal.org
Source code: https://github.com/signalapp
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region and age The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
Love the app and I have been using it whenever possible! However, there are a few things that should be changed: 1) the possibility to schedule backups. Whenever my phone is performing a signal backup it becomes useless for over 10 minutes and this mostly happens at inopportune times, very annoying. 2) It should be possible to reply/react to individual pictures when these are sent in bulk. So far one can only react to the entire message but not individual photos in the message
186 people found this review helpful
Show review history
19 March 2023
Great app! I used it for years. The discontinuation of SMS support is a move I understand, but it does mean I will have to change to a new default messenger app. Great if you have enough people in your life who use signal! Edit : dropped d a star because the exporting of messages doesn't seem to have worked. That's not great. Sucks to have to many conversations and information lost in the shuffle
118 people found this review helpful
Show review history
10 March 2023
Used to be a great app, but it has been taking near about 16+ hours for messages to be delivered and/or received. Before that became an issue, notifications wouldn't appear unless loading up the app. Something has gone wrong relatively recently, and nothing on my end has changed. Edit: Bumped to 3 stars from 2. Delays are less rare, notifications still an issue Edit 2 (3/9/23): Dropped to 2 starts again, don't receive notifications for exactly 7 minutes.
205 people found this review helpful
★ If you don't believe in AM or PM, it's time to smile. We added a new 24-hour selection wheel for scheduled messages.