The Yo-Yo Intermittent Test evaluates one's stamina using a profile similar to sports like soccer, basketball and other similar "stop-and-go" vigorous sports.
This app will allow you to conduct the following:
* The Yo-Yo Intermittent Recovery Test, Level 1 and Level 2
* The Yo-Yo Intermittent Endurance Test, Level 1 and Level 2
as defined by Jens Bangsbo of Copenhagen University (December 1994)
- prompt you with voice cues or ringtones that you select
- display seconds to shuttle halfway point
- display seconds to next speed level
- display seconds during recovery
- display distance covered (incl. shuttles) and time elapsed
When you are done, the app will provide you with
- an estimated VO2_Max (recovery mode only)
- an estimated calorie consumption
- total distance run
Prior to using it for the first time, make sure to use the "Settings" menu to customize your sounds (default sound could be silent). Also, if applicable, make sure "Notification Volume" on your phone is turned up.
This app will not allow you to directly save your results (the Pro version will); you could take a screenshot (power + lower volume buttons simultaneously).
Reference: Fitness Training in Football, a scientific approach - by Jens Bangsbo, publisher August Krogh Institute - Copenhagen University (December 1994).
Typical Results for Yo-Yo IR1 test [Bangsbo et al. (2008)]:
Male (Soccer): International level - 2420 m; Elite level - 2190 m; Moderately trained - 1810 m
Female (Soccer) : International level - 1600 m; Elite level - 1360 m; Sub-elite - 1160 m
Want more? The pro version ($0.99) offers:
- Level.Shuttle voice cues
- Additional testing options
- Save, Save-Continue (group tracking), export results
- Photo option when "saving"
- And more
Also from this author: The Beep Test