Try Dry® is the powerful, easy to use, and totally free app helping tens of thousands of people to take control of their drinking. Try Dry® is the official app of Dry January®, run by the charity Alcohol Change UK.
Co-created with drinkers and based on behavioural science and a culture of experimentation, Try Dry contains unique features such as 'planned drinking', custom goals, and special missions! Unlike many 'sobriety-only apps', it works brilliantly whether you want to cut back or try being sober.
Whether you’re taking on Dry January®, doing Sober Spring, making a longer-term change to your drinking, or just cutting back, Try Dry is your friendly year-round support system.
Why should I download Try Dry®?
• Track your units, calories and money saved
• Set goals that work for you.
• Loads of great badges to achieve with in-app celebrations every time
• Access our exclusive free coaching email programme
• See your progress using the charts
• Daily motivation. Receive a reminder every day, at a time that suits you.
• Use the drinking risk quiz to check up on your drinking
• Led by science, developed for you. Try Dry® combines behavioural science with a highly responsive approach to feedback from users.
• Totally free. No hidden costs, no annoying ads.
Why cut down your drinking?
• People report better sleep, more energy and looking great!
• More money in your pocket (the average UK adult spends £50,000 on booze in their lifetime!)
• Get healthier - cutting back on your drinking lowers your risks of over 60 serious medical conditions including heart disease, stroke, and 7 cancers
• Take control – if alcohol has become a habit, break free and take full control
• Amazing sense of achievement!