Matigsalug is a literacy app meant to teach basic literacy to young learners of the Matigsalug tribe in the Philippines as well as those who want to learn more about the culture of the tribe.
It features the following contents:
* learn how to correctly write letters by tracing
* learn how to pronounce Matigsalug letters correctly
* learn Matigsalug word association
* learn how to correctly write numbers by tracing
* learn how to pronounce Matigsalug numbers correctly
* learn how to count numbers in Matigsalug
* sing along to Matigsalug songs for children such as Keddi si Takuri, Bak-bak, and Ka Meitem Ne Kambing
* watch the Matigsalug tribal dances and listen to its chants such as Peg Ahawey, Bangkakew, and Kuglung wey Salurey
Matigsalug was developed by Smart Communications, Inc. in partnership with the Matigsalug tribe of Sitio Contract, Datu Salumay, Marilog District, Davao City, Pamulaan Center for Indigenous Peoples Education, ACLC College in General Santos City and Davao City, and Skeptron Business Solutions. It is aligned with DepEd's mother tongue-based multilingual education.