• A-to-Z listings of the most essential heart-smart foods, vitamins, and supplements
• Simple, nutritional ways to reduce cholesterol, lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart attack, and reverse the process of heart disease
• How to incorporate healthier foods and supplements into your daily diet
• Delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes that your whole family will love
• Which supplements to take to replace nutrients that are lost when taking statins
• The latest medical studies supporting the importance of certain foods and supplements for a strong, healthy heart
52 Foods and Supplements for a Healthy Heart is an essential reference guide for all interested a healthy diet, and for preventing and reversing the effects of heart disease.
• A-to-Z, cross-referenced entries of common health conditions, along with recommended foods and/or supplements to treat them
• Detailed entries on healing foods from almonds to oatmeal to salmon to zucchini and dozens in between that boost health and well-being
• The latest information on vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more—with suggestions for safe, effective usage
• The best food sources and dietary supplements for you and your family
• Includes delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!
• An overview of American diet and nutritional issues today (including a comprehensive resources list)
• And more.
·A-to-Z lists of prescription medications, herbal remedies, natural supplements, surgical treatments, physical therapies, and alternative options
·Proven techniques for relieving muscle and joint pain—stretching exercises, aerobics, Tai Chi, yoga, strength training, occupational therapy, and more
·Alternative/complimentary therapies—acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, electrical stimulation, hypnosis, low level laser, and more
·Essential advice on joint replacement, surgical options, health care providers, causes and risk factors, work disability, pregnancy, sex, and other key issues
·Plus a complete, easy-to-follow program of diet and exercise that will help relieve your pain and restore your quality of life