◦ What to expect in meetings and negotiations with Americans
◦ How to make small talk with US colleagues - and which topics to avoid
◦ What Americans really want from a manager
◦ Why your US customers expect you to be available all the time
◦ How to speak American-sounding English and avoid errors
◦ Why Americans love exclamation points!
About the author
Kay Xander Mellish is a keynote speaker on Denmark and Danish culture. She is based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
A native of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, Kay studied journalism and art history at New York University. She worked for several US Fortune 500 companies including units of The Walt Disney Company, News Corp., and WarnerMedia before moving to Denmark, where she was employed by Carlsberg and Danske Bank.
This is Kay’s fourth book. Her first book, How to Live in Denmark: An entertaining guide for newcomers and their Danish friends, was based on her long-running podcast and is for sale at Denmark’s National Museum, the Danish Parliament at Christiansborg Palace, and Hamlet’s Castle in Helsingør. It is also available in Arabic and Chinese.
Her second book, Top 35 Mistakes Danes Make in English, was a Saxo.com bestseller.
Kay’s third book, How to Work in Denmark: Tips on Succeeding at Work and Understanding Your Danish Boss has been ordered in bulk by several large Danish companies for distribution to their newly-arrived foreign specialists.