The "Digital Office" offers Austrians online processing of official channels and information about public administration in specific life situations. The digital office services will save you the trip to the office in the future.
The advantages of the digital office:
● Available 24/7
● Central contact point for digital citizen services
● No waiting times and travel times
● Official channels anytime, anywhere
● Digital mailbox for letters from authorities
● Secure management of your own data
How to use oesterreich.gv.at:
1. Download the "Digital Office" app for free.
2. Log in with your ID Austria. If you do not yet have an ID Austria, please follow the instructions within the app.
3. After successfully registering with your ID Austria, you can use all the advantages of the "Digital Office" without restrictions.
The ID Austria is the further development of the mobile phone signature. If you do not yet have an ID Austria, you can still register with your mobile phone signature. You will be automatically guided through the necessary steps to convert your mobile phone signature to an ID Austria in the app.
● Find all online information on official services and information on public administration at a glance.
● Use the cross-platform search (incl. RIS - legal information system, Data.gv.at, USP - corporate service portal) for all administrative topics.
● Complete selected official channels conveniently online (e.g. applying for an absentee ballot, registering and deregistering your main residence, digital baby point)
● Stay up to date with the latest news on the subject of digitization
● Use the chatbot if you have any questions
● Create your personal profile and benefit from customized information
● Use the secure login with ID Austria and keep track of your ID Austria usage history
● Receive your official letters digitally
● Use the PDF signature and digitally sign your PDF documents
Digital citizen services:
● Registration, de-registration and relocation
○ Deregister your existing main residence and register your new main residence (also for minor children if they are registered at the same place of residence).
○ Receipt of a confirmation of the notification after registration or deregistration.
● Digital baby point
○ Provision of personalized checklists covering all relevant steps from pregnancy to birth and beyond.
○ Initial issuance of certificates for newborns (birth certificate, proof of citizenship, confirmation of registration)
○ E-mail reminder service in good time before the document expires
○ Saving an image of the passport in the eTresor
● Central cross-authority registration and forwarding to online services of the administration without renewed registration (e.g. FinanzOnline)
● Forwarding to online services of the administration without renewed registration (e.g. FinanzOnline)
● Austria-wide uniform online application for an absentee ballot
● Document service for ordering excerpts from the central civil status register
The app is constantly being further developed and new features added. You can find more information at www.oesterreich.gv.at