Opal Travel is the official app for managing your travel across the public transport network in Sydney (Australia), and surrounding regions. Use the app to plan trips, top up your Opal balance, view trip and transaction history, and access other useful information all on your Android device. Opal Travel can be used with both registered and unregistered Opal cards.
With this app you can:
- Plan trips and see fare estimates
- View and top up your Opal balance on the go
- Register your Opal card or credit/debit card you use to catch public transport
- View travel history and transactions for both Opal and credit/debit card tap ons
- Set up automatic balance top ups
- Report an Opal card as lost or stolen and transfer the balance to another Opal card
- Get location-based alerts when approaching your stop
- Get notifications about delays and disruptions specific to your trip
- Check weekly travel rewards
- Scan your Opal card with your device to check tap on status, account balance and weekly travel rewards (compatible NFC-enabled Android devices only)
- See Opal retailer locations on a map
Opal card scanning may not work on all devices.
Designed for use with Adult, Child/Youth, Concession and Senior/Pensioner Opal cards, and American Express, MasterCard and Visa only.
Not compatible with rooted (jailbroken) Android devices.
For more information visit https://transportnsw.info/apps/opal-travel