Audio books from LibriVox are free thanks to the dedicated work of hundreds of volunteers who record, edit and distribute the books. New releases are prepared daily, and the entire catalog spans the breadth of world literature, including novels, history, biography, short stories, poetry and more in both fiction and non-fiction.
The LibriVox audio book app makes it easy to search for free audio books, as well as classic radio dramas. You can browse by title, author or genre, look at new recordings, or search for specific key words. Because the books are free, you can listen to as much or as little of a book as you like with no cost. The app remembers your position, so when you return to a book later, you can start listening at the place where you left off.
To see the LibriVox Audio Book catalog, visit http://librivox.bookdesign.biz
Home screen Widgets as separate download "MortPlayer Widgets".
Also check "MortPlayer Music", which is optimized for music playback, e.g. with several shuffle and repeat modes.
Want to fix or add a translation? Go to http://www.getlocalization.com/MortPlayer_AudioBooks/
- Folder based navigation
- Configurable main directory (e.g. all files below "/sdcard/music" or "/sdcard/audiobooks", individual for each player)
- Auto save and restore recent position for each track
- Manual bookmarks
- Separate buttons for ffwd./rewind witch configurable timespan
- Go to given position in track (time entry dialog)
- List of 10 most recent events for each track (where did you press play, stop, got interrupted by a call, activate the sleep timer, ...)
- List of started but unfinished tracks (in bookmark dialog)
- Playlist support: Reads m3u, m3u8, pls, and asx; writes m3u and m3u8; allows adding files outside of main directory; easy access to playlists in main folder and subdirectories
- Ignores .nomedia (you set the directory, should be fine - right?)
- Reads ID3 tags itself (usually less buggy than Android's media library)
- Album art support: ID3 tags (jpg+png, types "other" and "front cover"), AlbumArt.jpg/png, cover.jpg/png, folder.jpg
- Plays all media types supported by core Android (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, M4A, 3GP, MIDI, Wave) and some device specific (WMA, FLAC), but only on devices which support them
- Easy folder/file selection by tapping cover resp. tag info
- Set the track order for each folder
- Flexible play, shuffle, and repeat modes (stop after track, repeat folder, shuffle files per folder, shuffle all files, ...)
- Supports headset buttons and OpenWatch
- Pause/continue on headset removal/plug and calls
- Sleep mode (stop playback, power off not allowed by Android system)
- Alarm clock
- Swipe gestures
- Selectable layouts (so far only default, car, and big cover) and themes
- Selectable backgrounds (theme color, own images, or wallpapers - even Live Wallpapers)
- Delete and send files
- Supports equalizer, bass boost, and reverb on devices with Android 2.3
- and some more, just check the preferences...
Phone state: Used to pause during a call. Otherwise it would only be muted by the system.
Wake lock: So the playback isn't stopped when you turn off the screen. Also for some optional features like disabling the auto screen off during playback.
Disable keyguard: In case you only want to use the app's lock screen. (And not return to the default one afterwards.)
Write/delete external storage: For some internal files in \.MortPlayer, e.g. cached folder covers from ID3 tags and track order lists.
Internet: Ads (AdMob)
Boot completed: To reschedule the alarm clock after boot.
Tasks: For "StopService" activity, to avoid the system returns to player afterwards
IMPORTANT NOTE: due to the differences in audio capabilities between different Android OS versions and device models, it is recommended you install the trial version before using this application, to ensure that your audio files are playable on your device: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.akimbo.abp.trial
Read the full manual at https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByHIlLQe6aBabWRJOVE2MFBDbVE&export=download&hl=en
• Supports all the major audio book and other audio formats: M4A, M4B (including iPod chaptered books), MP4, MP3, ogg vorbis.
• Reads cover images and chapter information from within audio book files.
• Parses WMA and FLAC (actual ability to play depends on your device).
• Maintain your last position and last set volume level for each book.
• Partial play speed control (IMPORTANT: requires purchase of Presto app and is limited to MP3 and OGG formats, will not work on M4B books).
• Allows bookmarks for each book.
• Configurable step buttons for quick shifts forwards or backwards.
• Easy to use “go to” dialog that will take you instantly to any chapter or position throughout the book.
• Home Screen Widget.
• Allows a one-click automatic download of covers for any book, or for your entire library at once.
• A configurable “lock” mode, which prevents accidental changes of position during play.
• Sleep Timer, pausing play after a specified time.
• Loads your entire library at once: offers a one-click scan of any folder tree on your device.
• The player screen offers a host of accessibility and experience improving features, including large-font and human voice indication (and approval) for your actions.
• Allows undoing and redoing any accidental change in position while listening.
For easy listening to your audiobook without looking at the screen (while engaged in some other action or for the visually impaired) it offers a range of accessibility features (including human voice indications) as well as an option to lock the player against accidental changes.
The player is highly recommended not just for audiobooks, but for any episodic format, such as music albums or podcasts.
A note on permissions:
• Internet access is only done at your express request to download covers (it is never launched without a user pressing the download cover button). No personal information is ever sent outside your phone.
• Access to your phone’s state is required to pause the player when a call comes in. No other use of this permission is made.
• Writing to the external storage is required if you choose to save the app’s data (library, images, etc.) on the SD card, instead of the device’s internal storage. No other use of this permission is made.
• Battery status and wake lock permissions are used to prevent locking the device (when configured by the user) when playing or when playing while connected to a power source.
There's no easy way. Practice makes perfect.
We just want to be small assist for your long way.
Play playback Speed Control/Pitch control
Extracting Audio from movie file and play audio with speed control
Subtitle support(.smi, .srt)
Headset Button Control
MP3 Edit (Cutting and Merging)
Powerful MP3 file manager
Text/Image Viewer ( Lyrics in MP3 file.)
Silence auto detection, move, repetition,...
Powerful Bookmark (History)
Most of audio, video format are supported.
(In case of video file, it extracts audio and play with speed control)
Best with POD Cast , Audio Book , Pimsleur
Audio Music Player Foreign Language study player
Listening test English Chinese French German Italian Japanese Korean Portuguese Russian Spanish Lessons GMAT SAT Score IELTS
LNAT PREP EAP International education Language schools
Exam Test FLEX TOEFL JLPT JPT HSK GRE ETS OPIC POD Cast
Good morning pops GMP High middle school Audio Book
Folder Player is a popular and totally free (NO Ads!) minimalistic but powerful alternative music player which uses folders to play music or audiobooks. Supports MP3 format, as well as (*IF* supported by your hardware), FLAC, WAV, AAC, WMA among others.
Just navigate deep to any directory you like and play it. You an play individual files too.
Folder Player is a freeware which knows how to play whole directories. It can browse and play individual files, folders, or full folder trees.
Why another music player for Android?
There are many great mp3 players out there. If you're happy with them, you probably don't need another one. But chances are, you have same problem as I had before I created this app - you tried many players (like MortPlayer or WinAmp), and your mp3 tag-based access to your music still too cumbersome, because your world defined - yes - by folders.
Is Folder Player a solution?
If you need advanced capabilities of a desktop player - Folder Player is probably not the right fit.
This player focuses on things that really are important: browsing and playing music on a portable device, and that's exactly what makes this app stand out.
You can learn more, join beta program or leave feedback at http://folderplayer.com
If you like the player - it is important to rate this app - here is why:
More people rate it -> more people see it -> more feedback -> more updates
(by the way same applies to other apps you like, rate them too!)
Other features include:
- integration with bluetooth headphones (and car)
- integration with last.fm (via scrobbler)
- pauses during phone calls and navigation speech
- sequential and random play
- configurable settings
- Double press headset button to skip track
- Search (Android 4+)
I would like to thank all the fans of this app, for your feedback, donation, translations and also Uplink (http://vinisoft.com) who helped me with the UI for this app.
Want to be part of the beta program? https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.folderplayer
Bookmarks, variable speed playback, A-B repeat, equalizer, scrobbling, and more.
Supported audio formats : mp3, ogg, wav (pcm)
- Doesn't support MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate. See Q&A.
** if you've updated your phone to JellyBean (4.0 -> 4.1 or 4.1 -> 4.2):
Please uninstall and then reinstall Maple. (because Jellybean has a new file system)
Want to help translate to your language?
* Browse and play your audio by folders, playlists, albums, artists, and genres
* Tempo control (variable speed playback)
Change tempo from 0.25x to 4.00x with the same pitch
* Pitch control
Change pitch from -0.5 to +0.5 octave (-6.00 to +6.00 semitones)
* Auto playback history
* Sleep timer
* Selectable themes
* ICS lockscreen support
(requires android 4.0 and up)
and more ...
You can activate the following extra features by purchasing Unlocker.
* No banner ads
* Tempo from 0.25x to 5.00x
* Pitch from -2 to +2 octaves (-24.00 to +24.00 semitones)
* Bass Booster
* Reverb Presets (it doesn't work well on many devices)
to auto-stop audio playback when your phone starts ringing.
to save playlists and bookmarks
to get the real-time audio waveform for the visualizer. Look at the following link to get the details: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/audiofx/Visualizer.html
to prevent your device from sleeping during playback
for ads and Google Analytics
for volume control and sound effects
General Questions/Answers for Maple
Q. Cannot open MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate. Why?
A. The app doesn't support MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate (or other downloaders). They are not real MP3 files in many cases.
Q. Sound skipping during playback
A. Please increase the 'Audio Buffer Size' in the settings.
* General note about choosing the best audio buffer size
The bigger the audio buffer size, the lower the chance you will hear unexpected clicks in the audio when using a lot of processing power. But at the same a bigger audio buffer size also causes a higher latency.
Using a smaller audio buffer size gives you a lower latency, but then make sure your CPU can handle it, otherwise clicks may appear in your audio because the CPU can't process it all quick enough.
Automatically bookmarks position.
You control the files in your audio book list.
Ability to scan sd card to automatically add audio book to your media list.
To keep files organized, create folder for audio books. Audio books with multiple files should be in their own subfolders.
Audio Book Play can be launched when selecting audio file from file system.
Play Speed Control. Note: This uses the Stable Speed Library (developed by StuntByte).
For more information Choose Help from the Menu. Then choose 'Settings Help'
Settings for bookmark frequency. Forward & Back button skip time.
Most audio book players are bloated with buttons and controls rarely used. This player is designed to show you your list of audio books and play them.
If there are some features that you need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The audio of some of these audio stories is integrated into the application, so NO NEED INTERNET for playback (inside the no-internet section), eliminating the problems of streaming, playing cuts and other annoying problems typical of other applications of the same gender.
The interpretation of the texts is performed by professional actors, studio recorded, providing a unique experience of these wonderful tales alive.
Fables translated to Spanish!!!
Has the ability to stream or download and listen to chapters later.
Works best with wifi though, also works with 3G/4G.
01-03: Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus
09: 1 Samuel
10: 2 Samuel
11: 1 Kings
12: 2 Kings
13: 1 Chronicles
14: 2 Chronicles
19: Psalm 133
22: Song of Solomon
28-39: The Minor Prophets
NT 01: Matthew
NT 02: Mark
NT 03: Luke
NT 04: John
NT 05: Acts
NT 06: Romans
NT 07: 1 Corinthians
NT 08: 2 Corinthians
NT 09-12: Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians
NT 10: Ephesians
NT 13: 1 Thessalonians
NT 14: 2 Thessalonians
NT 15: 1 Timothy
NT 16: 2 Timothy
NT 17: Titus
NT 18: Philemon
NT 19: Hebrews
NT 20: James
NT 21-22: 1,2 Peter
NT 23-25: 1-3 John
NT 26: Jude
NT 27: Revelation
An Audio Books is a recording of a text being read. Spoken audio has been available in schools and public libraries and to a lesser extent in music shops since the 1930s.
ex : Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Moby Dick, and many others.
Audio: mp3, ogg, flac, m4b(partial support), mp4, 3gp, mid, wma(not all devices), xmf, mxmf, rtttl,rtx, wav, m4a, amr.
Video: mp4, 3gp
Adjustable audio speed[only 2.0x-6.0x] (only mp3)
Adjustable speed pitch control
Playlist auto generation based on a selected folder
Search in playlists and music browser
Sorting tracks by rating and play count
M3U playlists support
Select a folder for playback
Resume/pause playback when the headset is plugged/unplugged
Bluetooth headset support
Hotkeys, actions, menu, and buttons organizers
Preloaded Internet Radio stations[only 1]
Fetching cover arts[only from ID3tags]
Lyrics from tags
Non-Unicode encoding support (displays Artist, Album in your own language for Non-Unicode encodings)
Astro Player Wiki
Astro Player Support Forum
ATTENTION PLEASE: This application is based on Android system media facilities and supports the same files as the default android music player. If your file format is not supported or your files are hidden to Android music library (indicated by .nomedia file in the folder), you will not be able to listen them with Ginkgo Audio Book Player.
Easy navigation: Four step buttons (backward, fast backward, forward and fast forward) make seeking and repeating easy.
[Bookmark]: Bookmark function allows you to place multiple bookmarks within a track, that helps you to locate the begin of a chapter, a paragraph or even the begin of every phrase. You can also use the "create bookmarks by interval" function to "cut" long recordings into small pieces.
[Lyric and subtitle]: Lyric (.lrc) and subtitle (.srt) can be imported as bookmarks. This will be a great help to language learners.
You can find audio files with associated lyric /subtitle files on some language learning resource sites(e.g. http://www.51voa.com/VOA_Special_English/A-Mobile-App-in-Delhi-Aims-to-Protect-Women--44408.html), or make your own lyric files with free tools. Once you get the lyric/subtitle files, put them into the related audio files folder and import them as bookmarks.
[Progression]: your progression (shown by a dark green progress bar) on each track is memorized to resume later.
[Support files]: This application is based on Android system media facilities and supports the same files as android music player does (This varies depending on devices. Commonly supported formats include: .3gp .mp3 .mp4, .m4a .flac .wav .ogg)
[Tags based browsing]: built on Android system audio library, the browsing interface is revamped to be simple and efficient.
[Folders based browsing]: you can also browse audio files by folder/file names. The library scan is automatic and instantaneous.
[Configurable headset buttons]: Wired and Bluetooth headset buttons are supported and can be reassigned to step and bookmark actions.
Key words: audiobook, foreign language, bookmark, seek, repeat, progression, resume, folder, headset buttons, MortPlayer, Audible, Ambling, Akimbo, Astro.
Neutron provides the sophisticated UI with advanced controls for music playback. It is not easy or another 'pop' music player, it is developed for the audiophiles and those who really in love with music. Recommended for use with Hi-Fi/High-End audio hardware.
Hope you'll like Neutron and have fun with it!
* 32/64-bit audio processing for high quality HD audio.
* Audio formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit only), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF, MPG/MPEG (audio only), AVI (audio only), iTunes/Windows Media inclusive except DRM-protected, OPUS.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Streaming audio with metadata: M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM.
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
* LAN or WAN using CIFS/SMB as music source.
* Surround sound DSP (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.).
* Crossfeed DSP (for better stereo music listening experience with headphones).
* Rumble Filter DSP (to protect speakers from overloading with frequencies below 20 Hz).
* Normalization (post EQ re-mastering of tracks).
* HQ 4-band parametric equalizer.
* Accurate gapless playback.
* Replay Gain.
* HQ Resampling with 2 modes: quality, audiophile.
* Dithering (to improve audio quality by eliminating quantization in signal).
* Phase Inversion.
* Forced Mono.
* Pitch and Tempo.
* Shuffle playback.
* Looped playback.
* Database/Folder modes.
* Playlist management.
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
* CUE Sheet support (including built into metadata).
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, genre, year.
* Artist grouping by 'Album Artist' category.
* Unicode tags.
* Real-time multi-band spectrum analyzer.
* Real-time RMS bar.
* Master and Preamp digital volume adjustment.
* Android widgets and Lock Screen mode.
* Movable to external SD Card.
* Album art (supported: PNG, JPG, BMP, incl. metadata from tags).
* Clock mode.
* Sleep timer: 15,30,45,60,90 minutes.
* Wake timer.
* Highly customizable through Settings.
* Interface languages: 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Français, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية.
* Smart CPU/Battery consumption.
* Platforms: ARMv7 + VFP, ARMv7 + NEON, x86 + SSE2 (Intel)
NEON VERSION (>25% faster):
SONY XPERIA Z:
If standard version is not starting try installing NEON version manually from Neutron's website.
Please use the dedicated forum or send e-mail to the developer for bug reporting. Your patience, help and participation is highly appreciated!
- 1GHz+ CPU (single, or multi-core).
- 480x800 or 480x480 screen resolution, or higher.
- !!! Please try the time limited Eval version before buying: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mpeval
- All features of the application are thoroughly tested and working. Please use forum, or send e-mail to resolve the problem if you still unsure how to get desired behavior from Neutron.
- Lower than minimal specification of the hardware does not guarantee that application will operate fast enough!
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to save the Neutron database in /Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp folder.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: to auto-stop playback when phone starts ringing.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: to generate unique hardware/account key for the Licensing and Trial expiration. This information will be auto-deleted from the Licensing server in 1 month time.
- INTERNET: for the audio streaming feature of Neutron.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: for ringtone.
Listen is a podcast manager based on the open-source project AntennaPod by Daniel Oeh. It offers all the basic features like streaming and downloading episodes, refreshing all feeds automatically or adding them to a queue to listen to them later.
AntennaPod project is still in beta and might lack some advanced features or have bugs. So far the following features are implemented:
* Downloading and Streaming of episodes
* Support for Atom and RSS feeds
* OPML import and export
* Player homescreen widget
* Automatic feed updates
* Sleep timer
* MiroGuide integration
* Supports MP3 chapters, VorbisComment chapters and Simple Chapters
* Available languages: English, Russian, German, Spanish, Chinese (China), Portuguese (Brazil)
If you like this app, then you should definitely checkout AntennaPod project at https://github.com/danieloeh/AntennaPod or download the app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.danoeh.antennapod
If you want to support AntennaPod, you can flattr it here: flattr.com/thing/745609
TAGS: listen, podcast, antennapod, music, play, mp3, audio, video, podcatcher