Are you struggling to identify, understand, process, regulate, and communicate your emotions? Do you find it difficult to connect with others? You're not alone. Every 1 in 10 people have alexithymia, difficulty, or inability to identify, understand, and express emotions.
Animi is a free app (currently only in English) that helps you learn about your emotions, understand their causes, and manage them effectively. Based on the latest research on alexithymia and emotions, Animi is designed to improve alexithymia, emotional awareness, and emotional intelligence, and over time help you build emotional vocabulary and understand the nuances of hundreds of feelings and emotions. With Animi, the most precise and extensive mood meter, you'll be able to:
- Take an alexithymia test and learn your alexithymia score indicating how severely you are disconnected from your emotions
- Learn about your emotions and how to identify them
- Identify & log your emotions with the help of our tools (on a much more detailed and granular level than mood trackers)
- Understand the causes of your emotions
- Learn quick breathing techniques to regulate emotions (like cyclic physiological sighing, bhastrika, or resonance breathing)
- Learn how to communicate emotions in a productive way
- Journal about your emotions with the help of introspective, reflective prompts
- Tag your emotion logs and journals and get insights over time
- Manage your emotions effectively
And over the longer period of using the app:
- Reduce your alexithymia score
- Improve your relationships
- Enhance your mental and physical health
Download Animi now and start improving your emotional awareness today!
Disclaimer: Our mission is to build a solution that improves alexithymia, and that's also the reason why we collect the anonymized alexithymia test data, so we know whether the current app succeeds at that. Your sensitive journal data stays on the device. In the future, if there is a good enough reason, like a feature that might be very helpful and would require storing user data in the cloud, we might do so, but we'll let you know in advance about the change. Right now, we are only collecting metadata necessary to evaluate the effectiveness and improve the app. We don't share the data with any third-parties nor sell it or use it for any kind of advertisement.