Learn Greek with 5 minutes of practice daily. Mondly is the quick fix that will teach you core Greek words and Greek phrases for conversation, just like a phrasebook. If you want to learn beyond the basics, there are also Greek grammar lessons available.
With Mondly you can learn Greek sentences and expressions FREE with daily Greek language lessons online. This app is the effective way for beginners to study verbs, pronunciation and how to speak like a native with daily practice.
The secret path to language learning Remember the Greek language classes in school? You started with hundreds of basic words and expressions, continued with tons of Greek grammar lessons and at the end of a full semester’s language course you could barely translate a sentence or say “Hello!” to a local. Does it sound familiar? That’s the traditional way to learn a language. But it’s not the fastest and not the most efficient way. Mondly has a different approach, that’s opposite to the average language course.
This is how the future of language courses looks like The App gets you started with a basic conversation between two people. You quickly start memorizing core words, use them to build sentences and phrases, and at the end of a 45-minutes module you are able to reconstruct that conversation with your own voice. It’s an effective way to learn Greek phrases. State-of-the-art Natural Speech Recognition and Spaced Repetition Algorithms make the app effective for learning languages.
Here are the key features that make Mondly a great tutor for you:
- Crystal-clear audio and professional voice actors. Learn the right Greek pronunciation from conversations between native speakers.
- State-of-the-art Speech Recognition. Mondly knows exactly how to listen to your Greek words and phrases. You will only get a positive feedback if you speak Greek clearly and correctly. This will improve your pronunciation.
- Useful phrases for real situations. Memorizing hundreds of words is not the way to go when it comes to learning Greek. Mondly teaches you Greek vocabulary by offering you core words and phrases. The app breaks the learning process down into bite-size chunks and puts them into themed packs of lessons.
- Learn conversational Greek. Unless you plan on reading science books, conversation is the main reason to take this free course. It will help you build a core Greek vocabulary with widely-used nouns and verbs and speak Greek clearly.
- Verb conjugations. Conversations are fun, but the foundation of a foreign language is grammar. If you want to learn more during this course, just tap the Greek verbs and get the full conjugation on the screen, including the translation. It’s faster and better than a dictionary.
- Statistics that make sense. The App uses intelligent reporting, so you can always follow your progress. Build your vocabulary step by step and become better daily.
- The Leaderboard. We made learning easy and fun, so why not throw in some more game elements, such as score? See how your friends are doing and compete with people from all over the world to become the best learner in the Mondly family. Take the Weekly Quiz to become even better.
- Adaptive Learning. We wanted to craft Mondly in such a way that it will suit every learner’s needs, even complete beginners. Along the way we noticed that learning Greek is different from person to person. So we taught the app to learn from your way of learning. After little time spent together, Mondly will understand what suits you best and it will become your own guide and customized teacher.
Before you know it, at the end of these Greek lessons, you will master the most useful 5000 words and phrases and you will be on the fast lane to learning a new language.
Jul 7, 2023
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
Personal info, App info and performance, and Device or other IDs
This app may collect these data types
Personal info, Financial info and 3 others
Data is encrypted in transit
You can request that data be deleted
Ratings and reviews
June 2, 2020
I'm using this app to learn Greek. It builds you up to sentences by first teaching words (and repeating them so they stick), instead of throwing words and phrases at you like other apps. There is a voice over for every word and the voice sounds authentic and not robotic. I appreciate that you can tap on verbs to see how they are conjugated. I will definitely purchase a subscription once I complete the free version.
27 people found this review helpful
A Google user
August 21, 2019
I think it's way better than Duolingo. The format is better, the little goals are better, better subjects that cover very important topics. each subject has a small group of vocabulary words that are repeated a few different ways and then also used in a few sentences to help build an understanding of their sentence structure. I'm only a week in, but very happy so far. At least in comparison to what I have tried before. I only gave 4 stars because It has only been one week.
47 people found this review helpful
Show review history
June 25, 2022
It's free, which is very nice. The vocabulary is taught well enough, but the problem I have with any of the apps in teaching Greek is that they don't teach sentence structure or the masculinity/feminity of the nouns to know which article to use with them. I find it helpful to have a little understanding of the Grammer before composing a sentence. This app is great for showing the conjugation of the verbs! Which is awesome! (Duolingo doesn't do this, which can be very frustrating.)
31 people found this review helpful
Learn on the go - Hands-free!
Mondly, your learning assistant, will be your guide through quick engaging lessons to help unlock your speaking skills.