Audio books from LibriVox are free thanks to the dedicated work of hundreds of volunteers who record, edit and distribute the books. New releases are prepared daily, and the entire catalog spans the breadth of world literature, including novels, history, biography, short stories, poetry and more in both fiction and non-fiction.
The LibriVox audio book app makes it easy to search the LibriVox catalog of free audio books. You can see the most popular books, browse by title, author or genre, look at new recordings, or search by keyword. This app allows you to stop playback with a sleep timer, and unlimited bookmarks are available for each book. You can save and listen to as many books as you like - all for free! In addition to the LibriVox collection, the app provides access to other libraries, including thousands of old time radio dramas.
To browse the LibriVox catalog on the web, visit: http://librivox.bookdesign.biz
Easily stream or download the books. Perfect for your commute, relaxing at home, in bed, or while at the gym.
The app keeps your place for you with automatic bookmarking across your whole library.
UPDATED: Now also has a Sleep Timer.
Bug fixes & Download Performance Boost
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 150,000+ titles to your Android device—from best sellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on and listen to a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time your eyes and
hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over wi-fi
• Audiobook chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• NEW! Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle device required)
• Access the Audible mobile store to purchase more audiobooks
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits and audiobook achievements
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what audiobook you’re listening to
• Get insider information about author events and more with the Audible Newsfeed
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free audiobook app now and discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Visit us at www.audible.com or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
If you're in the UK, visit us at www.audible.co.uk or get in touch on Twitter @audibleuk
Are you in Germany? Go to www.audible.de. Follow us on Twitter @audible_de
Are you in Australia? Go to www.audible.com.au. Follow us on Twitter @Audible_au
Are you in France? Go to www.audible.fr. Follow us on Facebook at audible.fr
Attention Users! This application is a search engine and provides links to audio books available on the internet. We are not recording or uploading any books, but we always trying to provide widest range of audiobooks in our catalog.
Genres books available for search in our application: Detectives, Adventures, Thriller, Action, Historical books, Biographies and Memoirs, Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Russian Literature, Foreign Literature, Novels, Comedy, Business, Fairy Tales, Children, Psychology, Esoteric, Religion, Sociology; Audiobooks in English, Russian and other languages.
Attention Rightholders! Our application only provides links to listening audio books that are available in the public domain in the internet. We do not take responsibility for the actions of users.
Assumed that you have audiobooks and already copied them to your phone.
First 30 days Full version. Later - Basic version.
+ Playback speed control.
+ Classification of books (new, started, finished).
+ Download cover from the Internet.
+ List of characters. You can manually create a list of characters to easier follow the story.
+ Automatic pause in case you fall asleep. To continue playback just shake your phone.
+ Playback history.
+ Application Widget. Allows you to control the player from the home screen.
+ By specifying a root folder containing all your audiobook, you can exclude your folders which contains music and other audio files.
+ You don't have to finish one book to start another. The progress is saved independently for all books.
+ NO ADS!
To purchase (restore after reinstalling) full version press:
Phone must be connected to the Internet.
Full version cost is $2.
Many thanks to people who left comments and suggestions.
If you have something that doesn't work please write an email instead of leaving a comment.
TAGS: audiobook, audiobooks, audio book, audio books, audiobook player, audiobooks player, player, podcast, folder player, MortPlayer, Ambling, playback speed, Presto, Audible, Listen
A great collection of classic books is offered for your attention.
An audiobook is a recording of a text being read. Spoken audio has been available in schools and public libraries and to a lesser extent in music shops since the 1930s.
Some of the books: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Pride and Prejudice, Art of War, Count of Monte Cristo, Dracula, Tom Sawyer, Aesop Fables, Moby Dick, and many others.
For any questions regarding the app please use the info menu.
Audiobooks Now is the premier service for downloading and streaming audiobooks. Users can stream audiobook purchases from our website, or download them to our free Android or Apple iOS apps. With our innovative Club Pricing Plan, users can save 50% off their first audiobook purchase each month, and up to 25% off each purchase thereafter ***30 Day Free Trial*** . Or, simply purchase your audiobooks at our everyday low prices (no plan required).
- Sign Up
- Rate Audiobooks
- Auto Incoming Call Pause
- Manage Library
- Manage Account
- Contact Support
Developed by Booksfree.com, the leading online book and audiobook rental service, the Audiobooks Now digital audiobook download and streaming service is the latest addition to the Booksfree community of services aimed at delivering reading and listening material in the most convenient and cost effective way to both avid and casual readers/listeners.
Audiobooks Now is simply the most convenient way to get the audiobooks you want at the lowest prices. If you are already a member of Booksfree.com, you automatically qualify for the discounted club pricing at no additional charge (a $5/month savings).
The Audiobooks Now App can be found in the Google Play Store or Apple Apps Store by searching for the word Audiobooks Now, it is free to install. If you love listening to audiobooks and saving money, this app is for you.
- Totally free.
- Search books easy.
- Listen online.
- Listen offline by downloading to phone.
- Download books easy.
- Background playing.
Short list books: Romeo and Juliet, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Art of War, War and Peace, The Return of Sherlock Holmes, Treasure Island, Pride and Prejudice, Moby Dick, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Robinson Crusoe, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Swiss Family Robinson, Jane Eyre, Aesop’s Fables, Tarzan of the Apes, Dracula, Emma, Our Island Story, Andersen’s Fairy Tales, Gulliver’s Travels, The 9/11 Commission Report, Oliver Twist, King Solomon’s Mines, Alexander the Great, David Copperfield, A Tale of Two Cities, Frankenstein, Ulysses, The Adventures of Pinocchio, Don Quijote, This Side of Paradise, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Persuasion, The Call of the Wild, Paradise Lost, Shakespeare Monologues, Beyond Good and Evil, The Mystery of the Yellow Room, Anthem, 2 B R 0 2 B, Northanger Abbey, English Fairy Tales, The Pilgrim’s Progress, The Gods of Mars, A Princess of Mars, Anne of the Island, Heidi, Love and Freindship, The Adventures of Reddy Fox, Anne's House of Dreams, The Adventures of Ulysses...
Famous authors: Mark Twain, William Shakespeare, Aesop, Leo Tolstoy, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Thomas Hardy, L. Frank Baum, Jane Austen, James Oliver Curwood, Henry James, Jacob Abbott, H. G. Wells, G. A. Henty, G. K. Chesterton, Edith Nesbit, Daniel Defoe, Charles Dickens, Andy Adams, Andrew Lang, Anonymous , Alexandre Dumas, Ambrose Bierce, Anna Katharine Green, Anthony Trollope, Aristotle, Arnold Bennett, Arthur Scott Bailey, Baroness Emmuska Orczy, E. M. Forster, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Edith Wharton, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Frances Hodgson Burnett, Friedrich Nietzsche, George MacDonald, H. Rider Haggard, Jerome K. Jerome, John Buchan, Joseph Conrad, Jules Verne, Louisa May Alcott, Lucy Maud Montgomery, M. B. Synge, Marcel Allain, Margaret Penrose, Mary Roberts Rinehart, Maurice Leblanc, Oscar Wilde, P. G. Wodehouse, Plato, Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Michael Ballantyne, Rudyard Kipling, Sax Rohmer, Stephen Leacock, Thornton W. Burgess, Victor Appleton, Wilkie Collins, William Le Queux...
Keywords: Classic audiobooks, classic books, audiobooks for kids, fiction books, romance novels, free audiobooks, listen audiobooks, download audiobooks, fantasy books, history books, fiction books, adventure books, philisophy books, mystery books, comedy books, humor books, short books, children's books, fairy tales, romance novels, religion books, historical fiction books, Classic Text To Speech Engine, LibriVox Audio Books Free, Free eBooks - Classics, English Audiobooks - Librivox, Philosophy Audiobook,audio books.
Additionally, with the help of the application, user is able to browse full catalogue of audiobooks and download free chapters of many chosen titles.
Reading Bee indexes Top Rated Audio Books and combine with the most powerful multimedia playback controls & functions to promote the joy of reading and the love of good books!
Reading Bee is not only an audio book reader, it is the ultimate learning application that contains everything you need to learn to read and speak fluently.
Read or listen to your favorite books while improve your reading/language skills.
Each book comes with audio and transcripts at your finger tips for live streaming or download.
The latest update includes our innovative audio transcript sychronization feature.
Designed to work on both phones and tablets.
Please download Reading Bee Premium edition to make a contribution to help us promote reading and learning.
"We are happy to present the simplest, but also most intuitive and useful Audiobook Media Player & Downloader on Google Play."
• Add audiobooks from files and folders located on your device
• Search and download more than 7.000 audiobooks for free (10 different languages)
• Browse different categories like "New", "Top" and "Staff picks"
• Add bookmarks within the books you love
• Set a sleep timer when you get tired
• Keep track of your listening progress
• Share your current playback with all your friends
• Control playback with specially designed lock-screen and notification widgets
• Filter books according to your preferred languages
• Audiobook streaming (play without any delay)
• Supports all Android media formats (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, M4A, M4B, Wave, 3GP and MIDI)
• Play DRM free audiobooks from your iTunes library
• Get album arts and chapter information automatically from your media files
• Control playback using your own headset (bluetooth support)
• Browse ratings from other LibriVox users within the community
• Continuously developed, always new and awesome features in the works
• Internet: Browse & download content
• Network-state: Reload content on connection change
• Read and write external storage: Store downloaded data
• Wake lock: Prevent playback from stopping when screen is turned off
• Download without notification: Use of optimized custom notification widgets
• Read phone state: Pause playback on incoming call
• Check license: Verify that app was downloaded from Google Play
• In-App billing: Offering great features
• Get recommendations based on your favourites
• Optimized for tablets
• Adjust media player speed
We really want to thank everyone who left comments and suggestions. If you find any bugs please write an email instead of leaving a comment.
LibriVox audiobooks are free thanks to the dedicated work of volunteers from all over the world, who record, edit and distribute the books. The downloaded books are free for everyone to listen. New media gets published every day including world literature and classics from all kind of genres (novels, short-stories, poems, tales, poetry, ...).
For more information about LibriVox visit http://librivox.org/.
Learn English listening and reading Audio books, or if you know the language, just enjoy our catalog.
- More than 3000 Audio Books.
- The books can be downloaded and read without Internet connection.
- Includes the text of books.
If you want to learn English you can download the application "beelingo.com". The application includes all audio books, an English dictionary and grammar lessons.
"English AudioBooks - Libribox" offers free access to over 3,000 audiobooks. The application includes lists of books sorted by genre and popularity.
Audio books are free thanks to the dedication of hundreds of volunteers who recorded, edited and distributed. The catalog includes novels, history books, biographies, short stories, poetry and more.
The application facilitates searching the LibriVox catalog. You can see the most popular books, browse by title, author or genre, or search by keywords.
- Misérables, Les (By Hugo, Victor)
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The (By Twain, Mark)
- Pride and Prejudice (By Austen, Jane)
- How to Analyze People on Sight Through the Science of Human Analysis: The Five Human Types (By Benedict, Elsie Lincoln)
- KamaSutra, The (By Vatsyayana, Mallanaga)
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
- Grimm's Fairy Tales (By Grimm, Jacob & Wilhelm)
- Noiseless Patient Spider, A (By Whitman, Walt)
- Leaves of Grass (By Whitman, Walt)
- Old Ireland (By Whitman, Walt)
- Old Chants (By Whitman, Walt)
- Prince, The (By Machiavelli, Niccolo)
- Ulysses (By Joyce, James)
- Republic, The (By Plato)
- Frankenstein, or Modern Prometheus (By Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft)
- Tale of Two Cities, A (By Dickens, Charles)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (By Carroll, Lewis)
- Importance of Being Earnest, The (By Wilde, Oscar)
- Siddhartha (By Hesse, Hermann)
- Gulliver's Travels (By Swift, Jonathan)
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The (By Twain, Mark)
- MobyDick, or the Whale (By Melville, Herman)
- Christmas Carol, A (By Dickens, Charles)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (By Douglass, Frederick)
- Great Expectations (By Dickens, Charles)
- Dracula (By Stoker, Bram)
- Doll's House, A (By Ibsen, Henrik)
- Jane Eyre (By Brontë, Charlotte)
- Count of Monte Cristo, The (By Dumas, Alexandre)
- War and Peace (By Tolstoy, Leo)
- Beyond Good and Evil (By Nietzsche, Friedrich)
- Modest Proposal, A (By Swift, Jonathan)
- Picture of Dorian Gray, The (By Wilde, Oscar)
- Peter Pan (By Barrie, J. M.)
- Princess of Mars, A (By Burroughs, Edgar Rice)
- Study in Scarlet, A (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
- Treasure Island (By Stevenson, Robert Louis)
- Walden (By Thoreau, Henry David)
- Essays book 1 (By Montaigne, Michel Eyquem de)
- War of the Worlds, The (By Wells, H. G.)
- Robinson Crusoe (By Defoe, Daniel)
- Emma (By Austen, Jane)
- Dubliners (By Joyce, James)
- Dead, The (By Joyce, James)
- Murders in the Rue Morgue, The (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Works of Edgar Allan Poe, The, Raven Edition, Volume 1 (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) (By Jerome, Jerome K.)
- Wuthering Heights (By Brontë, Emily)
- Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The (By Baum, L. Frank)
- Jungle Book, The (By Kipling, Rudyard)
- Works of Edgar Allan Poe, The, Raven Edition, Volume 2 (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- 12 Creepy Tales (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Jungle Book, The (Version 2) (By Kipling, Rudyard)
- Return of Sherlock Holmes, The (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
+ Download Audio Books +
+ Download Audio Books +
+ Learn English: Audio Books – Librivox +
+ Learn English: Audio Books – Librivox +
+ Learn English: Audio Books – Librivox +
Jagamaga is the perfect complement to the large LibriVox collection of public domain audio books, read by volunteers. All files have been converted to the new m4a file format, providing best quality and minimum download size. Over the air downloads are fast and easy, with uncompromised sound quality.
Now, professionally mastered, the improved sound of these audiobooks is pleasure for the ears. Each chapter is carefully edited and tagged, ensuring interruption-free listening while giving credit to these talented narrators. Never before have these audio books been so enjoyable.
+ The only app that offers professionally curated LibriVox audiobooks.
+ Instant access to outstanding productions.
+ Professionally mastered Public Domain audiobooks.
+ User-friendly interface.
+ Dynamic monthly catalog updates regularly with new free content.
+ Over 100 titles…plus hundreds of free short works.
+ Smaller files for fast downloading and wireless access.
+ Carefully denoised and edited for undisturbed listening.
+ Browse by genre, title, author, and narrator.
+ Sort authors by birth date.
+ Android-optimized file format.
+ Quick access to short works for wireless download.
+ Download individual chapters or complete books.
The 'Best Audiobooks' category gives you instant access to outstanding productions.
Audiobooks are searchable by genre, title, narrator, keyword and author. You can sort authors by birth date to create a timeline of authors. All files are carefully denoised with the newest technology to make sure you listen to noise-free audio. Plus, the entire catalog is mastered for comfortable listening at low levels.
Listen to a hand-picked selection of bestselling, entertaining, and widely recognized works in a truly pleasurable format.Jagamaga’s enhanced audiobook catalog grows larger each month; you can update your catalog and download new titles as they become available.
Send enhancement requests for specific audiobook titles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Over 100 Titles…plus hundreds of short fiction works!
The Hound of the Baskervilles, Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, The Murders in the Rue Morgue, A Study in Scarlet, Heidi, Huckleberry Finn, The Just So Stories, A Little Princess, The Pathfinder, Pollyanna, The Prisoner of Zenda, The Swiss Family Robinson, The Secret Garden, The Story of the Treasure Seekers, The Wind in the Willows, Lord Jim, The Red Badge of Courage, The Devil’s Pool, The Diary of a Nobody, Emma, Little Women, Lilith, Metamorphosis, Northanger Abbey, Sense and Sensibility, Typee, Youth, Beowulf, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, Don Juan: Canto I, The Wonderful Adventures of Nils , Bleak House, Dracula, Les Misérables, Volume 1, The Sea Wolf, The Fisherman and His Soul, Poems Every Child Should Know, She, Poetics, The Art of War, The Communist Manifesto, The Wealth of Nations, Book 1, Alexander The Great, The Sinking of the Titanic and Great Sea Disasters, The Bible - Old Testament, The Tao Teh King, The Way We Live Now, American History Stories, Volume 1, Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions, Above Life’s Turmoil, The Age of Innocence, The Woman in White...
Let your child play the audio books you recorded just by scanning a book's bar code
This is a fun way of letting your toddler enjoy reading books without the need to know how to read (or when they start learning to read)
Recording your voice gives kids a chance to learn new vocabulary , color names, numbers, letters and pronunciation of words
Grandmother or grandfather can record a book to their grandchild's and let them hear the recordings over and over again - as they always do ;-)
Parents who travel frequently can record a book before a business trip and keep a better connection with their loved ones
Giving children good books at an early age will encourage them to be well read and smart individuals. Reading with children will encourage them even more so. Reading a story with children at bedtime is a part of many families’ bedtime routine and is an excellent way to let the kids relax just before they are to sleep. Not only will your children learn to love reading and become well-read, but they will love the time spent with you and the memories they are left with. They may even sleep better.
Reading helps in several different areas of a child’s mental health. Because the child spends time absorbing good writing and proper spelling and grammar, reading improves writing skills. Young kids who read much may also become more articulate because they are learning the language not simply by hearing it, spoken with so much colloquialism and different dialects, but by reading it.
Reading encourages a child’s imagination and develops creativity, as the stories he or she reads leave room for a child to add to them at will. It is especially good for children who are visual learners and have a good memory for what they see and read for themselves. If the child is an auditory learner, reading to him or her will work in a similar way.
Besides what are considered classics, there is a plethora of books for children that are educational, pleasing, fun and completely timeless. From Dr. Seuss, to Robert Munsch, to Beverly Cleary, and many wonderful children’s authors whose books will never grow old, there is something for everyone.
Even as kids go through their teen years, the books they read as they go from children’s books to more adult books will continue to help them develop in the same way that children’s books do.
• Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
• Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
• Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
• Read print replica textbooks on Android tablets. Print Replica Kindle books maintain the rich formatting and layout of their related print editions and provide features to help students study smarter including ability to highlight passages, add margin notes, and search for keywords. Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
* Selection for U.S. users only; selection and price of ebooks and e-periodicals vary by country.