How big is that spill in area?
How big is that scar/blemish on the skin?
On a map, what is the area of that area??
This apps allows the determination of areas in things of interest.
On usage, see https://youtu.be/Hno61-07puo
Using in-built calculation methods coupled with pixel detection, this apps gives quantifiable areas occupied by objects of interest.
Images can be loaded from gallery or directly from the camera, making it very convenient. Best images are those generated through scanners, but will function with well taken photos from the mobile cameras.
Photos should be taken directly above place of interest.
Features of this app includes:
1) Estimation of area up to 2 decimal places.
2) Simple customization drawing
3) Simple and button based user interface.
4) Simple user-defined boundary box.
5) Compatibility with screenshot functions of analyzed images
6) Simple direct access to Image gallery for images.
Benefits of using this app for publications
1) Brings greater accuracy instead of relying on eye ball approximations.
2) Value adds to publications and reports.
3) Useful teaching tool to science students.
4) Streamlined analysis, reducing human error and subjectivity - you can now trust the values reported by trainees and less experienced staff!
5) On the go analysis with the smartphone/tablet.
6) The app is self-contained, no internet access needed.
This app is a personal endeavor of Ms Wu and Dr Gan.