With all the great features you have come to know that enable you to determine the right time to buy and maximise your saving in the price cycle, you can now see, at a glance, the prices (where available) for your default fuel type at your nearest service stations on the ‘Pricing Map’, helping you to make an informed choice on where to buy.
MotorMouth collects site level data via four methods:
- Electronically, twice a day from Informed Sources
- Manually, collected by our drivers
- (For Perth) Sourced from government WA FuelWatch
- Direct from service station site operators, who can input their prices using our online service www.mypriceboard.com
CAUTION: While no site prices on the Pricing Map (shown at the time of screen refresh) will be older than 24 hours, make sure you check how old a price is by viewing the Priceboard screen. Each price has the time/date of its capture clearly displayed.
MotorMouth also obtains aggregate data from Informed Sources every 15 minutes to enable you to make your fuel purchase decisions based on the most comprehensive pricing data available across Australia. Understand the current position of the price cycle for your city with our rolling 31-Day Price Cycle Chart. Work out when you should next fill-up with our exclusive 7-Day Price Outlook. Identify the price you should Buy Below at any given time within any area regardless of whether or not site level pricing data is available.
Remember, if you fill up at an expensive station, it might cost you an extra 2 cents per litre, but if you fill up on the wrong day it could cost you 15 cents per litre. It’s not where to buy that is key – but WHEN!
NOTE: All pricing information screens are limited to a set number of searches each week. These are reset every Sunday evening. This has been included as a precautionary measure to try and avoid our data being misused. You will see the ‘Remaining Checks’ available at the bottom of these screens.
On top of all this, in the ‘Find a Site’ section MotorMouth also enables you to locate service stations not only based on their address but also the brand, available fuels and/or facilities. It can even tell you how to get there.
Interactive mapping is provided so all the common gestures apply including drag and drop for street view imagery.
Simple and easy to use supporting intuitive gestures and at a glance insight through charts and green, amber, red man indicators to show the current price climate and outlook for the coming week.
This nationwide app supports all major fuel types available in Australia:
• ULP – Unleaded Petrol 91 RON
• E10 – Unleaded Petrol with up to 10% Ethanol
• PULP95 – Premium Unleaded Petrol 95 RON
• PULP98 – Premium Unleaded Petrol 98 RON
• LPG – Liquefied Petroleum Gas
• DSL – Diesel
• Premium Diesel
Insights & Information:
• Location based data to show the closest service stations and their prices (where available)
• Simple Green Man, Amber Man, Red Man concept to help you decide when or how much to buy (top-up -vs.- fill up)
• Area specific fuel price information to let you know what is a reasonable price to pay
• Click-through functionality from brand icons on maps to provide the address, phone number, site photo, available fuels, and facilities at each site
Search (‘Find a Site’ section):
• Use your device GPS (if available) or enter the suburb or postcode
• Fast Search auto completion and location information for majority of suburbs & postcodes
• Filter site map by Brands, Fuel Types and Facilities
User Input & Feedback:
• Provide feedback in-app to allow us to make changes where necessary
Gain the ability to:
• Stay informed of traffic conditions to your favourite destinations.
• Access the existing NRMA Roadside Assistance Smartphone App to get your back on the road sooner.
• View information about accommodation in your area
Please note to access the full functionality of this App you must have a current NRMA membership.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. NRMA Conenct sparingly uses location services.