Transit Tracks was designed to be simple-to-use and fast - no frills, no confusing menus, no paid-only functionality.
- Bus and train times pulled straight from the CTA Bus Tracker and CTA Train Tracker.
- Bookmark stops you use often.
- Find all nearby bus and train stops.
Realtime CTA rail and CTA bus predictions directly from Chicago CTA (Chicago Transit Authority), serving the Chicago metropolitan area.
-Realtime Chicago CTA L predictions (Next Train) for every L train station in the Chicago region direct from CTA.
-Realtime Chicago CTA bus (Next Bus) predictions for every bus stop in the Chicago region direct from CTA.
-Location based L station finder to locate L stations nearby. Provides navigation.
-Location based bus stop finder to locate CTA bus stops nearby. Provides navigation.
-Mapping for Chicago L rail stations and Chicago bus stops.
-Save commonly used CTA L stations and stops into your Favorites list for easy access.
-Chicago Transit Trip Planner (new)
-In app purchase to go Ad-Free
-Set your preferred start page.
-Optional spoken text to speech on route predictions.
-Smartphone and tablet compatibility.
-More intelligent interface than Transit Tracks and Chicago Transit Tracker apps.
-And of course, FREE
-Best Chicago CTA / Chicago Bus based app in the market.
You must have network access to use these resources.
Sign up to become a beta tester and get access to new features before they're released: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112565087476147738147
Like us at https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoTransitApp
Depot is a tracking tool for the buses and trains of the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA).
Do you use the same Chicago bus or train every morning in your commute? Among many features, this app allows you to place a widget on your home screen to track a specific stop, so you can see real-time arrivals and alerts for your commute the second you unlock your phone.
Depot Chicago lets you:
- Quickly see a map or list of nearby routes and stops
- Save your favorite stops in organized groups for easy access
- Track upcoming buses and trains on a map
- See relevant CTA service alerts for all bus and train routes
- Plot route paths on a map for convenient reference
- Tap anywhere on the map of Chicago to see stops and routes near to that location
- Place a widget on your home screen to track arrivals for a specific route and stop (great for commutes or other commonly-used routes)
Premium users get access to these features:
- Active tracking: Arrival times pinned to your notification bar, refreshed automatically every minute
- Smart alarms: Alarms that let you know (1) when to leave your house and (2) when your stop is coming up (if you're currently on a bus or train)
- More widget sizes: Instant arrival times on your home screen with more options for space efficiency
- Vehicle sharing: Friends can track your location and get a notification when you reach your destination stop
- Vehicle following: See which stops are coming up and when
Depot Chicago is easy to use, features a sleek design, and does not have any in-app advertisements. All transit data comes directly from the Chicago Transit Authority.
Location - The app uses your location to show you nearby CTA bus stops and train stations.
Photo/Media/Files - The app stores certain CTA data locally on your device so that it does not have to use the internet every time it needs to access that data. This saves you time and data usage.
In-app Purchases - There is an optional paid upgrade for premium features.
This app is neither made nor endorsed by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA).
CTA tracker also includes the ability to download route schedules.
CTA tracker allows you to define alerts for CTA routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of CTA buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any CTA route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus/train is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for CTA stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a CTA vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by CTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by CTA, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using CTA's buses and trains.
- On the share vehicle screen, enter your vehicle's number and tap the share button. This will let you send to a friend a message with a URL that will show them the progress of your vehicle in real time. The URL will open in CTA tracker if they have the app installed; it will open in any browser if they don't.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of CTA vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for CTA alerts.
This is not an official CTA app; I am not affiliated with CTA in any way.
Just search for your stop and get arrival times in a few clicks!
- Find your stop and get arrival times with a few clicks!.
- Track trains arrival times!
- Track bus arrival times!
- Find nearest stations (within 1 mile) and in which direction they are!.
- Alerts for "L" System! Get info about current and future (planned) event and don't let them surprise you!
- Save favorite stations and access them easily!.
- Familiar colors like in the stop screens!.
Real time data powered by CTA
Address any issues or request to the developer email: email@example.com
★Google Play Picks★
★NYC MTA App Quest Award Winner★
★Awarded Official App of Toronto Transit Commission — TTC/blogTO★
★Editor's Choice - PCMag★
Transit works in most large North American cities and select cities in Europe (see list below).
- Know at a glance when your next subway or bus is arriving (including real-time predictions!)*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease (includes all transit modes – bus, subway, metro, uber, car2go, train, streetcar, light rail, and ferry).
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite your most important routes.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map.
- Find and reserve nearby car2go's
- Check ETAs for the closest Uber and request a ride.
*Wherever real-time info is available.
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Clearly beats other transit apps in every way. Totally changed my transit experience."
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
See below for a PARTIAL list of supported agencies and cities (full list: http://transitapp.com/regions)
Ann Arbor: The Ride, UM Transit, ArborBike
Atlanta: MARTA*, CCT, GRTA
Austin: Capital Metro*, B-cycle
Boston: MBTA*, Hubway
Chicago: CTA*, Metra, PACE, NICTD, Divvy
Cincinnati: Metro, TANK
Columbus: COTA, CoGo
Dallas: DART, Fort Worth T
Denver: RTD, B-cycle
Grand Rapids: The Rapid*
Hampton Roads: HRT
Hartford (and CT): CTTransit
Kansas City: KCATA
Las Vegas: RTC
Los Angeles: LA Metro*, OCTA, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance, Foothill*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*
Madison: Metro*, B-cycle
Miami: MDT, BCT, Citi Bike
Milwaukee: MCTS*, Bublr Bikes
Minneapolis: Metro Transit*, MVTA, Plymouth*, SouthWest*, U. Minnesota*, Nice Ride
Nashville: MTA & RTA
New Orleans: NORTA*
NYC Metro: New York MTA*, Metro-North (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), NJ Transit (NJT)*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, Citi Bike
Philadelphia: SEPTA*, PATCO
Phoenix: Valley Metro*
Pittsburgh: Port Authority (PAAC)*
Sacramento: SRT, Roseville
SLC: UTA*, GREENbike
San Antonio: VIA
San Diego: MTS, NCTD*
SF Bay Area: SF BART*, SF MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, SamTrans, Bay Area Bike Share
Seattle: Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Pronto
Tampa Bay: HART*, PSTA
Washington DC: WMATA (DC Metro & Bus)*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington (ART)*, Fairfax Connector, VRE*, DASH, Capital Bike Share
Montréal: STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, MRC, CIT, Bixi
Ottawa: OC Transpo*
Toronto (GTA): TTC*, GO, York (YRT/VIVA)*, Guelph, Hamilton Street Railway(HSR)*, Grand River (GRT), Brampton (BT), MiWay, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto Bike Share
Vancouver: TransLink*, SkyTrain*
Victoria: BC Transit
*Uses real-time for some or all routes (eg bus time & subway time in NYC, bus tracker & train tracker in Chicago, Next Bus in Boston, etc)
A great replacement for the discontinued HopStop app!
- Consulta del saldo y validez de cualquier título CTA.
- Posibilidad de guardar los datos de la tarjeta para consultar más rápidamente.
- Indicador de rutas en transporte público con localización por GPS.
- Calculadora de zonas necesarias.
Hemos incluido en la aplicación "Horarios por parada". Un servicio que encontrará las paradas disponibles más cercanas a tu posición GPS o a una ubicación introducida manualmente para cualquier fecha.
Selecciona tu parada y obtén los horarios de cada ruta, la secuencia de paradas de la misma y sus posiciones en el mapa.
Pese a que trabajamos para que la información esté constantemente actualizada, te recomendamos que confirmes los horarios y los destinos disponibles desde tu parada, con la empresa operadora.
QUICKTRACK CHICAGO FEATURES
- Full integration with CTA Bus Tracker, CTA Train Tracker, Metra Rail-Time Tracker and Pace Bus Tracker systems in one app! Data is always dynamic and updated from CTA, Metra and Pace to ensure accurate routes and schedules every time you use it.
- Clear, fast and beautiful material inspired UI with dynamically changing images of Chicago.
- Google Maps integration throughout keeps you informed of your CTA bus/train, Metra station locations or Pace stops.
- View CTA and Metra service bulletins/alerts for each route or line.
METRA RAIL-TIME TRACKER SUPPORT
QuickTrack Chicago also allows you to search and find the latest Metra departure and arrival times by pulling data from the Metra Rail-Tracker system. Using QuickTrack Chicago, you will know if your morning train is running late or when your evening train should be getting you home while being notified of any service alerts on your selected line. Additional features include:
- Supports all Metra lines: BNSF, UP-W, MD-W, MD-N, NCS, UP-N, UP-NW, HC, RI, SWS and ME
- Access your favorite Metra stations to get estimated departure/arrival times and/or schedules for the day.
- Get notified of alerts on your line from both Metra Rail-Tracker and Metra's Twitter feeds.
- Dynamic caching system: All schedule data is pulled directly and updated from Metra as you use the application so you're sure you have the latest schedules and times provided by Metra. Cached data is utilized when Metra isn't providing actual data.
- Built-in Google Maps integration showing Metra lines and station locations.
- Quickly access a specific Metra stations phone number, waiting room/agent hours or address.
WHY QUICKTRACK CHICAGO?
With a large selection of CTA Bus Tracker, CTA Train Tracker, Metra Rail-Tracker and Pace Bus Tracker apps to use in Chicago, the goal of QuickTrack Chicago is to provide a free, simple, ad free experience to let you quickly check your favorite CTA/Pace bus or morning Metra station without digging through tabs, windows and UI's loaded up with data. Open it up, you're presented with beautiful images of Chicago while you select your favorite route or station and instantly see where it is and when it's expected.
This app is designed and used by a near daily Metra and CTA commuter. Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions or comments. I love feedback and more often than not will implement your suggestions.
Used by more riders than any other transit app in Chicago.
-Train Tracker! We bring you official Train Tracker information, right to your mobile device!
-Save (export) and load (import) backups. Great for when you need to reinstall.
-Add and organize multiple 'L' and Bus routes in My Routes
-Closest Routes lookup based on your location
-Map predicted buses on your route with a single click
-Smooth flashing indicators to alert you of changes
-Group and reorder your list of routes
-Alarms to tell you when to walk out the door
-Filter by name when creating route
-Report crashes to us to improve your experiences down the road
Why Pro vs. Lite?
-Full-featured Closest Routes lookup
-Set tracking alarms
-Map/watch buses on your route
p.s. we are now also available on the iPhone/iPad/iOS App Store!
keywords: Chicago Transit Authority, CTA, Chicago public Transportation
Minimize your wait time and find the stops nearest to you. AnyStop will get you there.
AnyStop shows all routes and all stops for each route. Find the routes and stops you use the most and favorite them for quick access.
Don't know what routes or stops are near you? Click "Find Stops Near Me" to see what your options are.
TRACKER APP FEATURES:-
*** PLEASE SCROLL HORIZONTALLY TO VIEW PACE TAB ***
•Create groups and organize your favorite stops/routes.
•You can add bus and train stops or routes to your favorite list for quick access.
•View all stop schedules in a group simultaneously. If there is more than one train/bus stops near you, you can add bus and train stops to a group and then you can view all the arrival times in a single screen. This feature helps you get more than one train/stop arrival times at the same time.
•Search and filter by stop name or route number.
•Displays train stops in travel direction order instead of alphabetical order.
•Provides arrival time estimates in minutes, local Chicago time, distance to stop in miles or feet, travel direction, destination name, route name, vehicle number.
•Provides a functionality to display all routes at your stop and filter arrival times by train destinations.
•Provides search bus/train routes and stops option.
•Provides bus & train status and alerts (route changes, stop relocation etc)
•View nearby bus and train stops in list or map.
•View bus schedules and real times locations on the map.
* Buy Pro version to view METRA, South Shore Indiana schedules.
This app is neither made nor endorsed by the CTA.
Now supporting over 70 major US cities (including NY, Chicago, Miami, SF, Boston, LA, DC) & 500+ more worldwide.
** It'll make your commute and your trips out and around town for fun that much easier” LifeHacker **
** Featured in NYTimes, TechCrunch, FastCompany, & more **
• Trip Planner: Navigate to your destination via the best and shortest route (combining any and all local transit types including bus, light rail, ferry, train, metro, subway, tram, rail and streetcar).
• Live & Local: Discover nearby stations or search for specific lines or locations to see live arrival & departure times.
• Transit Assistant: Step-by-step walking directions keep you on track and guide you to your nearest station and beyond.
• Service Alerts & Advisories: Stay up-to-date with push notifications about the routes you frequently use, including detours & reports
• Comprehensive city/metro coverage maps: See an overview of your local transit maps (PDF viewer required).
How is Moovit "community-powered”?
The power of Moovit stems in our cooperation with you, our amazing users. We start with complete schedule-based transit information, and, with your help, mix in real-time data about current transit times and conditions. Just by using Moovit, you’re helping everyone else plan their transit (and lives) better. En route, you can even send active reports about the ride or station to let others know what to expect. Spread the word and help your community get there on time!
Use Moovit in over 70 cities across the US:
Including: LA, SF, NYC, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Austin, Seattle, New Jersey, Miami, etc.
Moovit Supports All Major Operators Including:
MTA, New Jersey Transit, LIRR, MBTA, WMATA, SEPTA, CTA, Pace, LA Metro, Metrolink, SFMTA, AC Trans, BART, VTA, OCTA, Amtrak, King County Metro, Miami Dade Transit, MDT, Metro, Muni, MARTA, RTD, CATA, MWRTA, Metrorail, Bart, Beeline Bus, Norwalk Transit, Dash Ladot, DC circulator, Torrance Transit and more…
(Including: Muni map, Path Train schedule, WMATA next bus, next Caltrain, METRA schedule Chicago etc.)
Moovit is a worldwide app! You can find us in over 500 metro areas including: UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and more), Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao), Italy (Rome, Milan, Napoli and more), France (Paris, Bordeaux and more), Poland (Warsaw, Lublin, and more), Sweden (Stockholm), Finland (Helsinki), Hungary (Budapest), Russia (Moscow), Netherlands (entire country), Israel (entire country), Brazil (Rio, Sao Paulo and 8 additional large cities), Chile (Santiago), Colombia (Bogota), Mexico City, Peru (Lima), New Zealand, Philippines (Manila) and Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Greece (Athens), South Korea (Seoul), Norway (Oslo).
- “Best app for figuring out MBTA commuter rail schedules and maps”
- “Easiest way to find the LIRR schedule”
- "I use it every day as my CTA bus tracker”
- "My unofficial VTA light rail app"
- “Moovit is the best Caltrain tracker app”
- "Only way I find my WMATA next bus”
Common misspellings: moveit, movit, move it, tranbit, nextbus, muvit, mubit, movit, mobit, moovet
Let's stay connected:
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/moovit
* Follow us on Twitter: @moovit
* Check out our website: www.moovitapp.com
- Track CTA bus and train arrival times
- Receive timely service alerts
- Share your experiences anonymously
- Receive customizable information like news, deals, and apartment listings along your route
This isn't just a bus or train tracker - with support for all major transit systems in Chicago (CTA, Pace, Metra, and even Indiana's South Shore Line) and more features than any other Chicago transit app, this powerful yet easy-to-use app will revolutionize your commute and simplify your life!
Please try the free version first to get a small taste of what this app can do.
† Apps4MetroChicago app contest finalist (Transportation round).
========== Key Features ==========
■ Vehicle arrival predictions ■
→ Real-time predictions for CTA buses
→ Real-time predictions for CTA trains
→ Real-time predictions for Pace buses
→ Real-time predictions for Metra trains
→ Scheduled predictions for South Shore Line
→ Watch predictions in the notification area
→ Set a destination - get estimated trip time
→ Home screen widget for predictions
→ Lock screen widget for predictions (4.2+)
■ Save frequently used stops ■
→ Organize saved stops with labels
→ Reorder, edit, and delete favorites easily
→ Auto + manual backups of all of your data
■ Alerts ■
→ Alerts for when to catch your ride
→ Alerts for when to get off at your stop
→ Pick the ringtone to play for these alerts
■ Nearby Stops ■
→ Find stops within up to a ½ mile radius
→ View routes + directions at those stops
→ Get predictions at any nearby stop
■ Powerful mapping features ■
→ 3D Google Maps V2 implementation
→ Plot any saved stop on a map
→ Find + plot bus stops anywhere in the city
→ View predictions right on the map
→ View vehicle locations + travel directions
→ View full route paths
■ Trip planning features ■
→ Step-by-step directions via public transit
→ Set arrival or departure time
→ Save most used queries for faster planning
→ Save generated directions for offline use
■ Even more features ■
→ Highly configurable to work how you want
- Favorite Routes filtering
→ Service alerts that may affect your trip
→ Import your data from free version
→ Data caching: fast loading + offline use
→ Built-in error and bug-reporting
→ Dedicated customer support - just email!
========== Additional Info ==========
This app is still under HEAVY, ACTIVE development!
Many more features still to come, with major updates every month or two!
Please email with suggestions, ideas, and feature requests!
Please see website for:
• Complete user guide / help pages
• Transit system limitations
• Detailed FAQs
• Permissions explanations
========== DISCLAIMER ==========
This app uses Google Analytics for gathering ANONYMOUS app-usage statistics.