New features added in January 2015 are Ranked Diseases and Weighted Findings. Ranked Diseases means that the user can sort the list of diseases returned from a query by cases/years in either the U.S. or worldwide. Weighted Findings means that color coding indicates how frequently a finding is used to describe the disease in the twelve primary references. The findings of a disease are included only if they are published in the primary references. Weighted Findings enables another new feature: Query Sensitivity. Choose High to get the most diseases that match one or more signs & symptoms. Choose Low to get only those diseases in which the finding was cited in three or more of the 12 references. Subscribers to the premium version will have access to background updating. Background updating gives users the latest information on a daily basis--no manual updating of the app required.
IDdx was picked as one of the 25 best nursing apps!
Annual Subscription to Premium Version
You have the option to purchase a subscription to premium content updates. The subscription costs $19.99 annually and automatically renews at the end of each term, unless cancelled. Premium subscribers receive bi-monthly content updates. IDdx is regularly updated based on the latest editions of CDC Travel, ABX Guide, Harrison's Infectious Diseases, and nine other peer-reviewed scientific publications. If you choose not to purchase a premium subscription, you still receive standard content updates annually.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IDdx?
- Explore the database of 249 diseases in 15 categories.
- Search by disease Name or Criteria.
- Disease criteria include 104 signs & symptoms, 39 epidemiological factors, and 16 regions of the world.
- Search by Occupation. Results are sorted by high-risk job tasks.
- Search by one or more incubation periods.
- Examples of epidemiological factors are ingest (entry), soil (source), ticks (vector), and cats (reservoir).
- Access diseases worldwide or limit the search to those endemic to the United States.
WHAT IS THE CONTENT? - Similar to the Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, the content includes coverage of 249 important infectious diseases organized into the following categories: Arthropod-Borne, Cestodes, Childhood, Foodborne, Gastroenteritis, Immune-Related, Intestinal Nematodes, Localized Infections, Person-To-Person, Sapronoses, Sexually-Transmitted, Tissue Nematodes, Trematodes, and Zoonoses.
WHAT ARE THE SOURCES OF THE INFORMATION? - See this page for the primary and secondary references: http://www.iddx.com/bibliography.html.
This is a comprehensive resource for travel doctors and individual travellers to consult before, during, and after travel. Its full-color interior includes easy-to-read disease risk maps, information on where to find health care abroad, itineraries and health risks from select destinations (particularly popular with the lay audience), advice for those traveling with infants and children, and a comprehensive catalog of every infectious agent lurking in international territories. In short, the Yellow Book represents the best, U.S. government-sanctioned health advice for international travel.
- The definitive resource for healthcare providers and individuals seeking consultation in advance of international travel
- The only publication containing the US government's latest advice on travel abroad
- Accessible content conveyed in easy-to-understand format, including maps
Every facet of the previous edition has been revisited and revised where necessary, including country-by-country immunization suggestions and new drug information. For the avid or first-time international traveller, this book is a both a prophylaxis and a safety net, providing readers everything they need to know to prevent (and address) illness abroad.
Readership: Physicians in any discipline, particularly travel medicine, primary care, and internal medicine; travel enthusiasts; government aid agencies; multinational corporations and their employees; state departments and embassies; pharmacies.
Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Editor-in-chief Gary W. Brunette
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks series.
MedHand applications improve your performance with relevant, valid material that is accessed quickly at the point of care!
Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers such as McGraw-Hill, RPS, PDR Network LLC, Wiley-Blackwell and more.
Track your blood sugar level, glucose, hemoglobin a1c (hba1c), insulin, blood pressure, carbs, weight, and more.
✔ Simplest blood glucose monitoring
✔ See your average glucose and blood sugar readings for the past 7 Days, 30 Days, and 90 Days
✔ Log your blood sugar levels, hemoglobin a1c (hba1c), blood sugar level, blood pressure & more
✔ Track your calories, carb counter, and carbohydrates with the easiest carbs counting tracker and calculator
✔ Weight tracker,calculator, log and logbook to always stay on target
✔ Simplest insulin tracker and log all your medicines
✔ Key features for pre diabetes, Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
✔ Carbs calculator
✔ A beautiful interface, making it easy to maintain your logbook
✔ Log all your health symptoms, treatments, weight, and logbook
✔ Track carbohydrates with our carb counter for carbs counting.
✔ Log all types of insulin: rapid acting, short acting, intermediate acting, long acting
✔ Enter and track glucose and insulin levels
✔ Integration with our app My Diet Diary for diet, carbs counting, nutrition, calories counter, and fitness
✔ Supports both mmol/L and Mg/dL for measuring glucose
INTEGRATION WITH MY DIET DIARY:
✔ Track your diet and nutrition through our award-winning app: My Diet Diary - simply create a free and private account to use both apps together
✔ Use our calories calculator for tracking the food you are eating
✔ Enter and track your fitness, exercises, carb counter, diet, nutrition, and calories intake calculator with My Diet Diary
✔ Check your insulin level compared to the food you ate in our logbook
✔ Have a question? Quickly get answers from our communities about the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes and good carbohydrates vs bad carbohydrates. Find information about hemoglobin a1c (hba1c), blood pressure, blood sugar levels or any other questions you have.
✔ Learn about diabetes, hemoglobin a1c (hba1c), high blood pressure, and carbohydrates
✔ Whether you are diagnosed with pre diabetes or already diabetic, find hundreds of diabetic questions answered every hour in our forums
✔ Tap into our several Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, and pre diabetes communities for support and guidance
✔ Monitor and record for tracking all symptoms, treatments, and events relating to your diabetes whether you have type 1 or type 2
✔ Use our calendar as your buddy or companion for weight tracking, recording your blood pressure, hemoglobin a1c (hba1c) results and any other events
✔ Log information you receive from the American Diabetes Association (ADA) or CDC
We believe in the mission of American Diabetes Association (ADA) to prevent and cure diabetes and improve the lives of people affected by diabetes.
“I am a diabetic and this app is the perfect companion and buddy, I needed for tracking and keeping a logbook!” -David
“I use their carb counter everyday! The American Diabetes Association (ADA) and CDC would be proud of this app!” - Amy
“I was diagnosed with pre diabetes 4 months ago and I’ve been using this app for tracking my blood sugar levels. It helps keep them in check! CDC would approve! ” Sarah
“Found very good information about short and long insulin that compares well with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and CDC about diabetes. I love their carb counter and carbs counting tool!” Steve
Health Infinity - All-in-one diet, health & fitness solution.
• Most comprehensive feature set.
• Track, analyze & summarize your weight, foods, activities, sleep, heart rate, blood pressure & squats.
• Calculates your body mass index, ideal body weight, body fat, water intake & more.
• Check your BMI along with your weight.
• Access more than 250K global/local foods and 100 different daily activities.
• Built-in pedometer for tracking steps accurately.
• Track sleep automatically and improve your Sleep Score. No manual effort needed.
• Health Calendar makes it incredibly easy to keep track! Select a date and see everything at one place.
• Smart reminders to help you not miss out anything.
• Supports both metric & imperial units.
• Sync with Google Drive and use across all your devices.
• Available across 45+ languages.
• No external hardware required.
Eat better with built-in Calorie Counter.
Say the food name you ate or scan the bar-code to add it.
Log an activity performed earlier or start tracking live activities and see the calories burned in real-time.
Track the distribution of macro nutrients.
Add unlimited custom foods or activities to your diary.
Track your steps automatically using sessions.
Keep your mobile in trouser pocket, hand or jacket.
Uses hardware step-detector in 4.4+ devices to reduce battery consumption.
Sensor-Fusion algorithms to improve accuracy for devices without step-detector.
Home & lock screen widgets allows to view the steps easily.
Keep screen on permission can be disabled in preferences.
--HEART RATE MONITOR:
Check your heart rate. Any-time. Anywhere.
Uses your mobile's camera sensor and flash along with smart algorithms to measure with great accuracy.
Check your heartbeat any number of times a day!
Your health is important to us. This application is NOT intended to be a substitute for getting medical advice or treating health related problems.
This app is one of an expanding collection of applications from CDC on a variety of specific topics, each optimized for your mobile device. When your device is connected, content is automatically updated so you have the most up-to-date information.
This tool provides:
• Child and adolescent schedules, with immunization recommendations from birth through age 18
• Adult schedule, listing recommended vaccines for adults by age group and by medical conditions
• Contraindications and precautions table, with footnotes applying to schedules
• Color coding coordinates with printed schedules
• Hyperlinked vaccine name opens pop-up with dose specifics
• Catch-up schedule for children 4 months through 18 years shows minimum dosing interval
• Related vaccine resources and websites
The app is the result of collaboration between CDC's Division of STD Prevention and the Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office's Informatics Research & Development Activity. The information in this mobile application is based on the CDC’s 2010 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines (MMWR 2010;59(No. RR-12) and the 2012 MMWR Update to CDC's Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2010: Oral Cephalosporins No Longer a Recommended Treatment for Gonococcal Infections (MMWR 2012; 61 (31): 590-594).
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSE OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
Do you quarantine the village? Interview people who are sick? Run more lab tests? The better your answers, the higher your score - and the quicker you’ll climb the ranks to become a decorated Disease Detective. In level 1, you’ll start out as a Trainee and can earn badges by solving scenarios, with the goal of earning the top rank: Disease Detective.
Unlock Level 2 by mastering all 12 outbreaks. Then earn honors by solving new and more challenging scenarios. Earn recognitions like Surveillance Honors and Treatment Honors.
New outbreaks happen every day, and CDC's Disease Detectives are on the front lines, working 24/7 to save lives and protect people. When a new outbreak happens, Disease Detectives are sent in to figure out how the outbreak started before it spreads further.
In this app, you'll also:
・ Learn about diseases and outbreaks in an engaging way.
・ See how CDC's Disease Detectives save lives around the world.
・ Post your scores on Facebook or Twitter and challenge your friends to play!
-Only available on 7" tablets or larger
-Requires Android OS version 4.0 or higher
• Authoritative recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• During-travel features available offline (no data connection needed)
• Fully customizable to do list and packing list
• Emergency services phone numbers for every destination
• Easy to use and fun
With this application, you can:
1. Obtain customized, evidence-based recommendations to prevent neonatal GBS disease based on a maternal and neonatal clinical information.
2. Obtain optimal antibiotic recommendations for GBS prevention.
Optimized for tablet.
For more information, please visit:
• Authoritative recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Access recommendations offline (no data connection needed)
• Easy to use and fun
Epi Info™ is a public domain suite of software tools designed for the global community of public health practitioners and researchers. The Companion for Android brings many of Epi Info's features onto the Android mobile platform. Epidemiologists can calculate sample sizes, collect data, and perform analysis using their smartphones or inexpensive tablets to investigate outbreaks, respond to emergencies, or conduct public health research in locations lacking IT infrastructure.
Limitation of Liability.
The materials embodied in the Epi Info™ Mobile Application are "as-is" and without warranty of any kind, express, implied or otherwise, including without limitation, any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the United States (U.S.) Government be liable to the user or to anyone else for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation, loss of profit, loss of use, savings or revenue, loss of data or the claims of third parties, whether or not CDC or the U.S. Government has been advised of the possibility of such loss, however caused and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the possession, use or performance of this software.
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
* Alcohol consumption data by state
* Easy-to-read information on diagnosis and treatments for children with FASDs
* Individualized pages for different users – women, families, health care providers, educators, and partners
* Training and education resources
* Access to free materials on alcohol use and pregnancy and FASDs
* Information on what CDC is doing in this area
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
- View updated information on national flu activity
- Find influenza vaccination recommendations endorsed by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Obtain information on diagnosis and treatment of influenza, including antiviral treatment recommendations by CDC and the ACIP
- Obtain information on laboratory testing for influenza
- Find CDC recommendations on influenza infection control
- View videos of CDC subject matter experts discussing influenza topics
- Order official CDC designed print products for posting in the workplace or distributing to patients.
This application serves as a ready and useful reference that highlights the main points of key guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of latent TB infection, and includes resources and sample tools.
When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Now you can have topical CDC content wherever you go. When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Whether you are a researcher, health practitioner, student, or policy maker, PCD provides an open exchange on the very latest in chronic disease prevention, research findings, public health interventions, and the exploration of new theories and concepts.
PERSONALIZE YOUR PCD APP FOR QUICK, EASY ACCESS
- Read the most recent articles published
- Browse more easily using topic keywords such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and more
- Share articles with colleagues on Facebook and Twitter
- Search and browse saved articles
- Highlight important content
- Add your own notes to articles
- Bookmark articles for future reference
Compatible with tablets 7” and up.
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUTH LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.