This is a comprehensive resource for travel doctors and individual travellers to consult before, during, and after travel. Its full-color interior includes easy-to-read disease risk maps, information on where to find health care abroad, itineraries and health risks from select destinations (particularly popular with the lay audience), advice for those traveling with infants and children, and a comprehensive catalog of every infectious agent lurking in international territories. In short, the Yellow Book represents the best, U.S. government-sanctioned health advice for international travel.
- The definitive resource for healthcare providers and individuals seeking consultation in advance of international travel
- The only publication containing the US government's latest advice on travel abroad
- Accessible content conveyed in easy-to-understand format, including maps
Every facet of the previous edition has been revisited and revised where necessary, including country-by-country immunization suggestions and new drug information. For the avid or first-time international traveller, this book is a both a prophylaxis and a safety net, providing readers everything they need to know to prevent (and address) illness abroad.
Readership: Physicians in any discipline, particularly travel medicine, primary care, and internal medicine; travel enthusiasts; government aid agencies; multinational corporations and their employees; state departments and embassies; pharmacies.
Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Editor-in-chief Gary W. Brunette
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks series.
MedHand applications improve your performance with relevant, valid material that is accessed quickly at the point of care!
Offering the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers such as McGraw-Hill, RPS, PDR Network LLC, Wiley-Blackwell and more.
*** Ideal Body Stats ***
This configurable application (Kilograms/Pounds/Stones, Cm/Ft) allows you to :
• Calculate easily your Ideal Weight using different formulas.
• Calculate easily your Body mass index (BMI) Adult or child (beetween 2 and 20 years old).
• Calculate easily your body fat index (BFI).
• Calculate easily your body surface area (BSA).
• Save and Export synthesis by email.
BMI (Body Mass Index) for children and teenagers 2 to 20 years old is calculated using data from the CDC (Centers for Disease Contol).
Do not hesitate to give a rating on android market to show your satisfaction.
tag : bmi calculator, bfi, bsa, ideal weight, bmi, weight, calculator, diet, ideal, obesity, overweight, mass, imperial, metrics units, body, bmi children,, obesity children, child, teenagers.
Download now and find all of these answers and more. SHOTS by STFM is an up-to-date digital immunization reference. Perfect for clinicians, teachers, and health care providers or for anyone who need quick answers to tough vaccination questions.
SHOTS by STFM is the most comprehensive immunization app available. In addition to the complete set of CDC vaccine schedules and footnotes, it also includes graphics, images, and commentary. Important up-to-date information is available for each vaccine, including: basics, high risk indications, adverse reactions, contraindications, catch-up, administration, epidemiology, brand names, and additives.
Since 2001, SHOTS by STFM has remained the premier point-of-care immunization resource. All content is written by immunization experts and has been reviewed by an expert from the US Centers For Disease Control and Prevention.
Download the app and grab a vaccine vial. Let’s put an end to vaccine preventable disease!
The application is in English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese. Hope you enjoy it.
More from developer
The app is the result of collaboration between CDC's Division of STD Prevention and the Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office's Informatics Research & Development Activity. The information in this mobile application is based on the CDC’s 2010 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines (MMWR 2010;59(No. RR-12) and the 2012 MMWR Update to CDC's Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2010: Oral Cephalosporins No Longer a Recommended Treatment for Gonococcal Infections (MMWR 2012; 61 (31): 590-594).
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSE OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
- View updated information on national flu activity
- Find influenza vaccination recommendations endorsed by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Obtain information on diagnosis and treatment of influenza, including antiviral treatment recommendations by CDC and the ACIP
- Obtain information on laboratory testing for influenza
- Find CDC recommendations on influenza infection control
- View videos of CDC subject matter experts discussing influenza topics
- Order official CDC designed print products for posting in the workplace or distributing to patients.
With this application, you can:
1. Obtain customized, evidence-based recommendations to prevent neonatal GBS disease based on a maternal and neonatal clinical information.
2. Obtain optimal antibiotic recommendations for GBS prevention.
For more information, please visit:
This application serves as a ready and useful reference that highlights the main points of key guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of latent TB infection, and includes resources and sample tools.
When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Now you can have topical CDC content wherever you go. When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Whether you are a researcher, health practitioner, student, or policy maker, PCD provides an open exchange on the very latest in chronic disease prevention, research findings, public health interventions, and the exploration of new theories and concepts.
PERSONALIZE YOUR PCD APP FOR QUICK, EASY ACCESS
- Read the most recent articles published
- Browse more easily using topic keywords such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and more
- Share articles with colleagues on Facebook and Twitter
- Search and browse saved articles
- Highlight important content
- Add your own notes to articles
- Bookmark articles for future reference
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
* Alcohol consumption data by state
* Easy-to-read information on diagnosis and treatments for children with FASDs
* Individualized pages for different users – women, families, health care providers, educators, and partners
* Training and education resources
* Access to free materials on alcohol use and pregnancy and FASDs
* Information on what CDC is doing in this area