TAP is your ticket to ride transit in greater Los Angeles! It is accepted on 26 transit systems including LA Metro, providing a vast network of buses and trains.
- Make your travel safe and easy with contactless payment and card management.
- Use your Android phone to tap and pay when you board. You don't even have to wake up your phone!
- Purchase a transit pass or Stored Value for any agency in Los Angeles County.
- Enjoy flexible payment options including credit/debit cards, account cash and Google Pay.
- Manage multiple cards in your TAP account.
- Supports reduced fares for seniors, students, persons with disabilities and low-income riders.
- Access multimodal programs such as Metro Bike Share.
- Use Trip Tools to plan trips, find nearby transit options, view real-time arrivals and save favorite destinations and stops.
- Enjoy the benefits of a TAP account, such as Balance Protection, card management, discounts, promotions, transaction history and friendly customer service.
- Accepted on 26 transit systems in LA County including:
Angels Flight Railway
Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA)
Baldwin Park Transit
Beach Cities Transit
Compton Renaissance Transit System
Glendora Transportation Division
Huntington Park Transit Unlimited
LA County Department of Public Works
Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
Long Beach Transit
Montebello Bus Lines
Monterey Park Spirit Bus
Palos Verdes Peninsula Transit Authority
Santa Clarita Transit
Eligible users should upgrade to Android OS 12 or greater to ensure the best experience.